shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you do for a living? Does your jewelry match your occupation?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:)

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I work from home, in bed, on my back, with a laptop. I wear no jewelry.:-oo_O:confused:

I'm not sure if my jewelry matches my occupation!:lol::razz::lol-2:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pinto!!! How can you not wear jewellery every second of every day, on rotation?!!!! You have such yummies!!

My jewellery doesn't match my job in any way, shape or form. I work in a high school for 10 hrs a week, in catering, ordering the stock, doing rota & helping out during very chaotic lunch breaks. I do it for my sanity & I love it. The students call me Miss Sparkly. My team call me Princess :lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pinto!!! How can you not wear jewellery every second of every day, on rotation?!!!! You have such yummies!!

My jewellery doesn't match my job in any way, shape or form. I work in a high school for 10 hrs a week, in catering, ordering the stock, doing rota & helping out during very chaotic lunch breaks. I do it for my sanity & I love it. The students call me Miss Sparkly. My team call me Princess :lol:
thum12.gif

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha Ha PB! No mine does not. My horses do not care if I even have clothes on as long as I feed them. My neighbors probably do though. I LOVE retirement!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pinto Bean, Honey If I were you I would lay around wearing that gorgeous jewelry of yours!!!!

I could have written Redwood response. Just switch the horses for the dog.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope! I work in an elementary and middle school with special needs kids. I wear Margeaux all the time, and get snot and drool in her. I wear yoga pants as my uniform.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't work on a regular basis anymore, just help out now and again, but when I was a dental nurse, we weren't allowed to wear any jewellery.

Now in everyday life, I wear my Raindance style ring on my left hand, and rotate my other diamond bands on the right hand, a watch (simple bangle strap dainty Movado) and diamond snowflake earrings. I also wear my Fitbit in a Tory Burch bangle my son bought me.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I currently stay home with my son. I wear a Judith Ripka silver necklace and bracelet daily, my wedding set, and two gold bracelets.

Seems appropriate for what my gig is I guess. I just never take any of them off.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a food broker for some major national brands. I spend my days calling on grocery and other retail stores, checking product lines.
I dress business casual, so I wear my sparklies every day.
Life is short, wear your pearls!!!

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have 2 jobs now; in January I went back into electricity and gas and am working on a project for retail consumers to be able to have affordable solar power. My other job is my home business which I think people may have figured out with my newly acquired trade badge. I never really wanted to have 2 jobs but I mentioned in another thread that I had opals strewn all through my man-cave and house, my friends and family kept asking why I wasn't making a business out of it and (being the simpleton that I am) I eventually listened to them.

My jewellery? A tongue piercing, an old stainless steel ring and a lost wedding ring that needs replacing :lol:

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My jewelry never matched any job I had.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope. I was a teacher and certainly wore very basic pieces to work. Now I am more like redwood and some days I see no one older than 5 years.:lol: I don't dress to impress! lol! I do not need another piece of jewelry, but I surely do enjoy working on projects!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope. I work in an industry that is very physical and the median salary is around 60K a year. The jewelry I wear on a regular basis is probably worth 30K, and that's without any engagement ring/wedding set. I've gotten comments from coworkers but I don't care. I love bling and don't apologize :mrgreen:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a corporate restaurant manager. I have to be very very careful about jewelry in a kitchen environment. If you have to fix a broken dish machine and you reach in there and get your ring caught...

Nights I work the floor are less intense than pounding veal cutlets out or working an open grill. Then I get to wear my nicer clothes and rock some jewelry. My ring I wear now is very low set with bezeled Ruby and Diamond stones that are durable.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope! I work in an elementary and middle school with special needs kids. I wear Margeaux all the time, and get snot and drool in her. I wear yoga pants as my uniform.

Change this to two elementary schools and jeans for my uniform, and there I am. I wear my jewelry for me

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I work in a healthcare setting and we're not allowed to wear much jewellery. My daily wear pieces are my plain gold wedding band and a tiny pair of diamond studs- well, you do need some bling, don't you? :twisted:

I save my nice stuff for weekends and holidays, then I am decked out like a Christmas tree!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha not at all. I work at a non profit multi disciplinarian health clinic with intellectually and physically disabled people and I provide their eye care. So I too (like Madelise and others here) get messy at work to do my job to the best of my ability. Bea takes it like a trooper and I never hesitate wearing my bling to work. In fact some of my patients notice and enjoy Bea and it is a great place to bring her IMO. Though I am not one to wear bling quantity. Usually just my ER/WBs and earrings.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
One would never know that I'm a jewelry appraiser. I rotate my watches based on my mood and clothing....my Citizens Kinetic, my TAG, my Boccia titanium, my Ernest Borel. All fun to wear. No rings or bracelets but sometimes my Scott Kay skull necklace which I named "Skully."

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not necessarily my occupation (bc if I did what I do somewhere else or for a different type of company probably not so much), but I think it does go with the type of business I work for - a financial institution in a large city. Some of my colleagues have some very nice bling, although I don't believe any of them are as finicky as I am! They usually come to me for advice and sometimes recommend others speak to me if they need help or information :geek::lol-2: Some of my work friends know of my addiction/passion and will ask if they see me with a new piece or know when I'm coveting something in particular, but I love my bling for ME and it gives me great pleasure to wear my pieces!

Vera W

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Being the "Happy People Greeter" at Whiteflash, you bet your sweet bippy my jewelry matches my duties. I couldn't be happier hearing people comment on my little jewelry wardrobe and sometimes they freak out when I take it off and hand it to them. What better way to advertise our A CUT ABOVE diamonds then to boast them at the front door! :lol-2::kiss::appl: Also when I tell people where I work, that is the first thing they look at, "The Jewels". LOL.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes!! I have a job where I get to look at my hands all day, which means that my jewelry matches my job perfectly. ;-)

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It might, or it might not, depending on preference. It matches my habits, though. I used to click pens when nervous, and now I click my first string of pearls which produces "that sound". I find it very ear-pleasing. Isn't it funny that for some people the allure of pearls is not only visual but also auditory?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a dental hygienist so naked fingers. I bling out my ears.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am a therapist, so I think I'm probably more flashy than is typical for my field. I once had a colleague say that I was "the most blinged out social worker" she had ever seen. I tend to not wear my most expensive pieces at work just because they get sometime uncomfortable attention from clients and can distract from the work.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a Nurse Practitioner now working in a hospital based employee clinic. I've worked in several other clinic settings as well. I usually wear one of my ERs, my 5 stone OEC band on my right hand and either my WF 1.50ct hoops, 3.30ct Ascendancy H&A diamond studs or pearl studs. I don't wear necklaces or bracelets to work.

I've had many compliments on my ERs but no one ever notices my ears because my hair usually covers them.
I'm getting old so I don't have a long time to enjoy my bling and why let it sit in the dark at home.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nooooooo I'm a SAHM and substitute teacher.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I work from home, in bed, on my back, with a laptop. I wear no jewelry.:-oo_O:confused:

I'm not sure if my jewelry matches my occupation!:lol::razz::lol-2:

I have no paid work anymore. I am like you, PB. I wear no jewelry whatsoever. I guess that matches my occupation. But I am working non-stop around this crazy house.

Deb :twirl:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no paid work anymore. I am like you, PB. I wear no jewelry whatsoever. I guess that matches my occupation. But I am working non-stop around this crazy house.

Deb :twirl:
Lololol! One side effect of working from home is that more household chores fall in my lap. When I worked in an office sometimes till 1 in the morning, things magically straightened up and laundry would magically end up being done lololol!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, not at all, I work with the military so ....................... pretty minimalist there

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results