shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you all use ?- moisturizing hand cream for winter

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

swl

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone! I just got my first Crabtree & Evelyn hand cream today, it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO moisturizing! most importantly, it''s not sticky at all! Does anyone else uses their hand therapy as well? What about other hand creams in the market? any good suggestions? I live in New England, it''s awfully cold out here, so I am always hunting for moisturizing lotions and creams
41.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I buy the cheap-o Bath & Body Works "Look Ma, New Hands" stuff.

You can''t beat the price, and the effects are really nice. I find that things like hand creams or lip balm tend to go missing on me after a while. So while I don''t mind the big splurge for my in home medicine cabinet, when it comes to products I carry on me at all times I like to spend as little as possible. So, like the CT&E, it''s silky soft, moisturizing and non-sticky or greasy but at about $11.00 a tube.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Clinique Moisture Gloves, excellent stuff.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2009 1:17:17 AM
Author:swl
Hi everyone! I just got my first Crabtree & Evelyn hand cream today, it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO moisturizing! most importantly, it''s not sticky at all! Does anyone else uses their hand therapy as well? What about other hand creams in the market? any good suggestions? I live in New England, it''s awfully cold out here, so I am always hunting for moisturizing lotions and creams
41.gif
Hey swl, does Crabtree & Evelyn have a scent? I wish I could wear more hand creams, but I''m particularly sensitive to scents. It might smell fine going on, but then an hour later, I''m scrubbing my hands to get rid of the smell.

I''ve been using Neutrogena Emulsion (not the body lotion) and the hand cream for over 10 years. Sometimes I''ll try something else I find at Sephora, but I always come back to it. Actually, I use the Emulsion as a body lotion too, but it''s also great for hands - I''ll apply the emulsion, and if I really want to baby my hands, I''ll layer the hand cream over it.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I have a big ole tub of Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Cream for extra dry skin. I have to admit its a little greasy since its probably not meant to be a hand cream but it feels great on my dry knuckles.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t say how many hand creams I''ve tried, but I have found the one this winter. And it''s CHEAP. Target''s brand of Vaseline Intensive Care. Seriously works like a charm, and non greasy to boot.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I usually like luxury brands, but I''ve been using Aveeno Intense Relief Hand Cream and it''s AWESOME - even stays on after you wash your hands. I have used expenisve brands like L''Occitane, etc., but they were too greasy and didn''t sink in - I''m an Aveeno convert.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2009 10:06:55 AM
Author: vespergirl
I usually like luxury brands, but I've been using Aveeno Intense Relief Hand Cream and it's AWESOME - even stays on after you wash your hands. I have used expenisve brands like L'Occitane, etc., but they were too greasy and didn't sink in - I'm an Aveeno convert.
Ditto Aveeno, I live in the desert and during the winter my skin is so dry so I stock up on bottles of Aveeno and they do the trick.

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been using L''Occitane''s Hand Cream for a couple of months and it is awesome! It has a powdery floral scent that''s not too strong. I wash my hands a lot and it makes them look like a snake shedding its skin. I put this lotion on once and my hands look and feel so much better.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Clinique products and L''Occitane Lavander Harvest hand creme. The L''Occitane Lavander one is not greasy at all and absorbs right away. My hands feel amazing when I use it. The shea butter one is too greasy for me.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Aveda Hand Relief. It''s my absolute favourite! I love the scent but it may not be for everyone.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the Gold Bond brand for dry skin - it works very nicely and it''s reasonably priced. I also like Mary Kay "satin hands," because it feels really good on and sinks right in...but i don''t typically buy it for daily use b/c of the price.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I recently started using a cream intended for massages - its called Biotone Dual-Purpose Massage Creme, has Arnica and Ivy in it (whatever those are
3.gif
) and is fantastic. Best part - I can buy a huge gallon jug of it for about $35, and decant it into containers to keep at home AND to carry with me
9.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am using Udderly Smooth Udder Cream right now. My hands were so dry about 2 weeks ago (I am a nurse and a compulsive hand washer) and this stuff did the trick. I paid $.99 for a 4 oz. tube.

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
I use Sisley Global Anti-Age Hand Care cream... It's the best cream I have used so far.....

swl

Shiny_Rock
30.gif
Sisley is so nice but soooooooo expensive, lol

swl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/21/2009 9:06:12 AM
Author: cellentani
Date: 2/21/2009 1:17:17 AM

Author:swl

Hi everyone! I just got my first Crabtree & Evelyn hand cream today, it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO moisturizing! most importantly, it's not sticky at all! Does anyone else uses their hand therapy as well? What about other hand creams in the market? any good suggestions? I live in New England, it's awfully cold out here, so I am always hunting for moisturizing lotions and creams
41.gif

Hey swl, does Crabtree & Evelyn have a scent? I wish I could wear more hand creams, but I'm particularly sensitive to scents. It might smell fine going on, but then an hour later, I'm scrubbing my hands to get rid of the smell.

I've been using Neutrogena Emulsion (not the body lotion) and the hand cream for over 10 years. Sometimes I'll try something else I find at Sephora, but I always come back to it. Actually, I use the Emulsion as a body lotion too, but it's also great for hands - I'll apply the emulsion, and if I really want to baby my hands, I'll layer the hand cream over it.

the one i got is infused with lavender oil, so i guess it's considered as naturally fragranced? my only concern with CT&E is they contain paraben
38.gif

I think my next try is the Aveeno hand care :)

swl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/21/2009 8:50:17 AM
Author: Italiahaircolor
I buy the cheap-o Bath & Body Works 'Look Ma, New Hands' stuff.

You can't beat the price, and the effects are really nice. I find that things like hand creams or lip balm tend to go missing on me after a while. So while I don't mind the big splurge for my in home medicine cabinet, when it comes to products I carry on me at all times I like to spend as little as possible. So, like the CT&E, it's silky soft, moisturizing and non-sticky or greasy but at about $11.00 a tube.

I love Bath and Bodyworks! (don't like the new bottle design though
14.gif
) I wonder if the new hand cream they just came out with is good or not, given it's about the same price as CT&E

http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3433597&cp=2484528.3442596&cm_re_o=n.x+m5zCjC4d+v.vCjCayAw+PkAw+m5z+mtwz&parentPage=family

bebe

Ideal_Rock
For hands, I use Curel, but as soon as my "actives" arrive, I will add those to the lotion.
Alone Curel is nice, so adding more goodies to the mix can''t hurt.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/21/2009 12:15:19 PM
Author: violet3
I really like the Gold Bond brand for dry skin - it works very nicely and it''s reasonably priced. I also like Mary Kay ''satin hands,'' because it feels really good on and sinks right in...but i don''t typically buy it for daily use b/c of the price.

I second Gold Bond. It''s really thick and creamy but it absorbs really fast and lasts a long time. And it''s pretty cheap to boot!

I would not recommend Vasoline Healthy Hand and Nail. It works great for about 5 minutes, but then you''re re-applying every 20 minutes. It makes your hands "soft" but not really moisturized.

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/21/2009 2:54:13 PM
Author: swl
30.gif
Sisley is so nice but soooooooo expensive, lol

yup...
1.gif
but I think it''s worth it since hands and neck are the two places where it shows a woman''s age since you can''t do plastic surgery on them....

and I normally use my credit card points to get it for free...
9.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Cetaphil.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results