shape
carat
color
clarity

What do we think of these shoes with my dress?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bettina

Rough_Rock
Ok, ladies. The ceremony''s quick and informal. My fav color is blue and I''m looking for something that I could pair with jeans and wear afterwards. I love love love these. What''s the verdict? $54 bucks and suede.

link to the dress:

http://www.1stcallforweddings.co.uk/selling-detail.php?ads_s_id=2672&show=1

link to the shoes:

http://www.shoes.com/Shop/productdetails.aspx?catalog_name=web&pg=5080661&p=EC1125475&CMP=OTC-GoogleBase&partnerid=GoogleBase&cpc=GoogleBase&=campaign=Sofft&category=W&cpckw=Sofft+Womens+Kensington+Shoe+(Winter+Blue/Navy)&CAWELAID=213828507

sofft kensington.jpg

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I''m going to be honest here and say no. Your dress is much too formal for those in my opinion. Sorry!

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 3:08:35 AM
Author: oobiecoo
I''m going to be honest here and say no. Your dress is much too formal for those in my opinion. Sorry!
Ditto! Love both the dress and the shoes but not together. Honestly, I don''t think you can find anything you could comfortably pair with jeans that''d go with this dress as well.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Suede and jeans. YES!

Suede and satin. no.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, have to agree, BUT that said, if you really have your heart set on them and truly want to wear them, go for it. No, they won''t ''go'' but if you are happy, that''s all that matters
1.gif

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 4:40:03 AM
Author: swingirl
Suede and jeans. YES!

Suede and satin. no.
Ditto!!

and ditto to everyone else. the shoes are too casual for that fancy of a dress!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are seriously cute, but not glam enough for your exquisite dress.

Are you gonna get them anyway??
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with the others....no on the shoes, but LOVE your dress..............its almost exactly like mine!!
sorry to threadjack but will you keep sleeves on all night?

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 1:04:17 AM
Author:bettina
Ok, ladies. The ceremony''s quick and informal. My fav color is blue and I''m looking for something that I could pair with jeans and wear afterwards. I love love love these. What''s the verdict? $54 bucks and suede.

link to the dress:

http://www.1stcallforweddings.co.uk/selling-detail.php?ads_s_id=2672&show=1

link to the shoes:

http://www.shoes.com/Shop/productdetails.aspx?catalog_name=web&pg=5080661&p=EC1125475&CMP=OTC-GoogleBase&partnerid=GoogleBase&cpc=GoogleBase&=campaign=Sofft&category=W&cpckw=Sofft+Womens+Kensington+Shoe+(Winter+Blue/Navy)&CAWELAID=213828507

I agree with most of the posters that they may not be... well a perfect fit. However, your post intrigues me. Your dress is very beautiful, and yet it is a formal dress. The shoes are adorable too! But what I notice is that you LOVE these shoes... and they are blue, which IMHO is FUN! and a lot of weddings I''ve been too brides change out of their formal footwear after the ceremony anyway- put on slippers, flip flops, all sortsa stuff. Honestly the decision is up to you... and I have NEVER judged a bride on her choice of attire. Because honestly, I am a dope that cries at all weddings... and I am not picking apart her attire. It is a joyous event, not a fashion show, and so... just wear whatever you want. It is afterall.... your day.

Best wishes!

35.gif

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
I have to agree that the style of the shoe just doesn''t go very well with your gorgeous formal dress. The shoes are very casual IMO. However, it is your day and you love the shoes.

bettina

Rough_Rock
My thought was that you''re not even going to see the shoes until the photo session and I don''t want to spend a load on shoes I''ll wear for 20 minutes. You guys are normally right, though. Fantasy surrendered.

iloveprincesscuts: I''m kinda stuck on that one. I have no idea.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
I think it will be fun and cute, though I''m not sure if that''s what you''re going fore. Nobody is going to care if your shoes matches.
1.gif

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Even if you don''t wear them with the dress, get them anyway! They''d look great with jeans!!

PS lots of brides wear running shoes, chuck taylors, flip flops, ballet slippers, whatever... you should wear whatever you want!! And what you''re comfortable in. And I agree about not buying shoes if you won''t even see them and will only wear them for 20 minutes. Heck, just wear a pair of dress shoes you already have, or tennis shoes, or flats... anything!!
1.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with the others in that I don''t think that they''re formal enough to go with your dress but if you love them wear them.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 11:13:55 AM
Author: bettina
My thought was that you''re not even going to see the shoes until the photo session and I don''t want to spend a load on shoes I''ll wear for 20 minutes. You guys are normally right, though. Fantasy surrendered.
"More formal" doesn''t have to mean "more expensive"
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results