shape
carat
color
clarity

What do we do???

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
..about witnesses?

We are eloping, just the two of us, and the location where we want to get married does not provide witnesses.
32.gif

The county registrar requires one witness, and the wedding license requires 2! Aye-yi-yi...

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Are you having a photographer?

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think for a private marriage license, your officiant is enough. Did you look into this?

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2010 10:34:11 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
Are you having a photographer?
yes, but no one that is finalized yet. I was hoping it would be a conflict, since we are paying for their service...

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2010 10:36:56 PM
Author: House Cat
I think for a private marriage license, your officiant is enough. Did you look into this?
The officiant says that 2 witnesses are required... I assumed that he would know.

I know in VA, you don''t need any witness... but it varies by state...

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Will you be married at the courthouse? Or actually at your location? We used two of the judge''s interns as our witnesses for our legal marriage.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2010 1:01:48 AM
Author: katamari
Will you be married at the courthouse? Or actually at your location? We used two of the judge''s interns as our witnesses for our legal marriage.
we are getting married on a beach, probably at sunrise... not likely to be many folks wandering around at that time...
28.gif

sctsbride09

Brilliant_Rock
First off, congratulations! Second, what a great way to get married, Im not biased or anything because DH and I did exactly the same thing.
2.gif
What state are you in? Because I think what HouseCat meant was have you looked into a private marriage license, you do not need witnesses and the reason why is because you state that you are already living together and therefore do not need a witness. DH and I got this (confidential marriage license) but we are in Ca so not sure if they do this where you are, also, not sure if you live together either. Just a suggestion though, hope it works out for you. I would not have gotten married any other way.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/22/2010 10:42:45 AM
Author: trillionaire

Date: 6/22/2010 1:01:48 AM
Author: katamari
we are getting married on a beach, probably at sunrise... not likely to be many folks wandering around at that time...
28.gif
trill, are you staying at a resort on the beach? They will usually let you borrow a couple of employees for witnesses.

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
What contry is this in?

I think you shoudl make friends with a couple the ngiht before and aks them to come to the wedding in the AM, as your witnesses!

I''m really shcoked the resort doesn''t offer this.

Mrs.SE

Rough_Rock
Easy Peasy, find a clergy service that offers everything beforehand. We''re getting married before our actual wedding so we don''t have to worry about the hassle of the legality of it later, it''s just a piece of paper really, your name change and all that comes after anyway - $65 bucks for the "Clergy" service that was recommended by the courthouse - that includes the "ceremony" witnesses, everything needed for a "legal"marriage. It''s just a cheesy repeat after me ceremony - they sent it to us before hand, said it takes 5 minutes, you can choose not to do rings which we aren''t, we''re saving it for the real ceremony. Now our real wedding is in November. I say take care of it beforehand, that way you don''t have to worry about it. It won''t be your "real" ceremony that you are planning, it''s only taking of the legal part to satisfy the state & governement. Not your personal sentiments & planning.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2010 9:48:11 AM
Author: Mrs.SE
Easy Peasy, find a clergy service that offers everything beforehand. We''re getting married before our actual wedding so we don''t have to worry about the hassle of the legality of it later, it''s just a piece of paper really, your name change and all that comes after anyway - $65 bucks for the ''Clergy'' service that was recommended by the courthouse - that includes the ''ceremony'' witnesses, everything needed for a ''legal''marriage. It''s just a cheesy repeat after me ceremony - they sent it to us before hand, said it takes 5 minutes, you can choose not to do rings which we aren''t, we''re saving it for the real ceremony. Now our real wedding is in November. I say take care of it beforehand, that way you don''t have to worry about it. It won''t be your ''real'' ceremony that you are planning, it''s only taking of the legal part to satisfy the state & governement. Not your personal sentiments & planning.
It''s not a bad idea to contact local clergy and see what our options are. However, we are both adamant that our wedding day is our wedding day, because it is our 7th anniversary. It is important to us that the date on any legal paperwork is the date that we are getting married. I''m not sure that that is possible with what you described. We do have an officiant who will marry us, but he is travelling to do it, so I don''t think he will be able to provide witnesses for us.

*sigh* of all things to be such a headache... we should have just decided to get married in VA, where no witnesses are required!
14.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I believe your wedding is within 2 hours of driving from where I currently live. I''ll do it!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2010 3:38:28 PM
Author: Clairitek
I believe your wedding is within 2 hours of driving from where I currently live. I''ll do it!
Aw, you are so sweet!

And by sweet I mean, I''ll be consulting with FI and asking what he thinks...
9.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2010 10:26:50 AM

Aw, you are so sweet!

9.gif
LOL, that would be a PS first I think!
41.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

Aw, you are so sweet!

9.gif
I had to double check on the date of your wedding. I will still be on the East Coast on your date provided my company gives me a start date extension. I''m totally serious that I''m happy to show up! I will not be offended if you turn me down though. Totally understandable.
9.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2010 12:02:12 PM

Aw, you are so sweet!

9.gif
I had to double check on the date of your wedding. I will still be on the East Coast on your date provided my company gives me a start date extension. I''m totally serious that I''m happy to show up! I will not be offended if you turn me down though. Totally understandable.
9.gif
It is so awesome that you would be willing to do that! FI asked one of the teammates from his hockey team, so he and his GF might make a weekend trip out of it. Is it weird that I would prefer someone that we didn''t know? I really just wanted a private moment for the two of us
15.gif
I''ll live though... It''s not that we don''t know a ton of people who could do it, but I don''t want to offend anyone... there are so many people who are excited for us, that they ALL want to be there! It''s overwhelming, but in a good way. I guess I thought we would only need one witness, and that the photographer could do it...
28.gif

BTW, where are you moving???

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2010 10:54:48 AM

Aw, you are so sweet!

9.gif
9.gif

It is so awesome that you would be willing to do that! FI asked one of the teammates from his hockey team, so he and his GF might make a weekend trip out of it. Is it weird that I would prefer someone that we didn''t know? I really just wanted a private moment for the two of us
15.gif
I''ll live though... It''s not that we don''t know a ton of people who could do it, but I don''t want to offend anyone... there are so many people who are excited for us, that they ALL want to be there! It''s overwhelming, but in a good way. I guess I thought we would only need one witness, and that the photographer could do it...
28.gif

I totally understand wanting someone a bit more anonymous, thats why I offered! I''m glad you got it sorted out though!

We are moving from the Philly area to the SF Bay Area in mid-September.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2010 2:54:40 PM
Date: 6/26/2010 10:54:48 AM

Aw, you are so sweet!

9.gif

9.gif

15.gif
28.gif

I totally understand wanting someone a bit more anonymous, thats why I offered! I''m glad you got it sorted out though!

We are moving from the Philly area to the SF Bay Area in mid-September.

Oh the Bay is so lovely, and I adore California! FI is from the Bay area, and I love visiting his family there! What an exciting place to move! Lucky duck!
21.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results