shape
carat
color
clarity

What do I do?

Blah. I''m the worst bride ever.

Wedding: 10/30/10

I just sent out my STDs and wondering when I should get the invites in the mail? When should I have them rsvp by? It''s a destination wedding.

Also, since the Bachelor/ Bachelorette parties will be in vegas, should I have invites sent out for that too? I was thinking so...

How is everyone doing? I got my paper samples in the mail last week for my invites and I''m excited to order them (I''m printing them myself ;-) )

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
I am having a destination wedding. I am having them RSVP 2.5 months before the wedding just because I want to know by then for other things and they should have their travel arrangements before then. I am sending out the invites 3 months in advance...so they only have 15 days to RSVP officially, but they are RSVPing on the website and everyone knows that. About 40% have RSVPed.

For your bachelorette, who is planning it? They should send out the invites.

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
Did your save the dates indicate it would be a destination wedding?

I had a destination wedding. We did not have save the dates, and we sent out invites less 6 weeks ahead, but we had a short engagement (ten weeks) AND we had talked to each guest by phone (a very small guest list) so they already had a heads up and we had a general idea of who was coming already. No one actually sent an RSVP because of this, but I would say you should consider what your destination needs for numbers (i.e. for room holds and so on) and when they need them. You also want to give people some time to watch out for flight deals and such too!

If they already know it is a destination wedding, I don't think you need to send out invites any more than 2-2.5 months ahead, with an RSVP date about 4 - 5 weeks ahead of time. I get plenty of invites for weddings I know that I will have to travel to (even if it is not a destination wedding) and usually get them in that time frame.

Whoever is hosting the other parties should be the ones arranging invites.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
My RSVP date was almost exactly one month before the wedding, and that was only because I wanted to know that far in advance. My reception venue only needed to know a couple of days in advance, because Vegas restaurants/hotels are equipped to handle a lot of people, or very few people with huge requirements, (providing you''re willing to pay handsomely) at a moment''s notice.

I mailed out the invites about 1.5 months prior to the RSVP date.

I think whoever is planning the Bach parties should figure out those invites. Because you don''t really need a solid number for those (assuming here) I would think they could go out maybe 1-1.5 months prior to the date.

I think you''re fine Swedish Bean. What details do you have nailed down so far anyway?

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I have a destination wedding that requires overseas travel for more than half of those attending. I sent save-the-dates and am sending invitations 2.5 months ahead of time with an RSVP date 6 weeks ahead of time.

Ok so my plan was to send out the invites Sept 15thish and have a RSVP date Oct 1st.. but I think I might send them out sept 1st now, RSVP still Oct 1st.

My mom and aunt are doing the bachelorette party (my dad and uncle are doing the bachelor party) and it''s going to be in vegas- the thursday before the wedding, so I thought I should send that invite at the same time of thewedding invite so people know that if they want to attend it, they need to come thursday or before and not friday... or maybe I will just get word of mouth around? I could.. or should send them closer to the wedding but.. eh... does any of that make sense?

I have no details down. LOL Well, I have the venue, dress, hair piece... but that''s about it. I thought we had decided on a place for dinner but no one can make up their mind... (not only that my invitation list was cut in half due to my fiance being completely apathetic to any of his friends or family going... which is so weird because he has a billion friends..)

Um.. I have the invite papers picked out and my design done, just need to do the RSVP card and dinner card, with a map or something.. I dunno.

June, I''m going to buy our wedding bands/ invite paper/ postage
July will be securing the suits and picking up the ties for everyone (or should I do that sooner??), book hair, make-up and massage appointments which they only take 3 months in advance, booking hotel
August dress alterations/ Bridal shower (early due to nicer weather and doing a pool party theme)
Sept sending invites/ saving more money
Oct RSVP in, final count.. saving more money

Somewhere in there I need to get a dinner reception down. I''m at a loss for that now.

I feel very scatter brained about wedding planning. I don''t find it very fun. Right now, I''m more excited about the bridal shower because I can actually control several things (like, I am getting cupcakes, and I want flowers.. LOL )

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you still getting married at the Luxor? And are you staying there too, or no?

Need help with the dinner reception? I''m always all about deciding for food if you need help there!
3.gif

Yes,.. with it''s pinkish funeral parlor interior too hehe

Have you heard of Aureole? With our guest list shrinking I thought I might try to do something around $70-$90 a plate, but I also want to stay near Mandalay Bay/ Luxor ... Do you have any recommendations for me to look into ?
3.gif
2.gif
I''ll take them!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results