shape
carat
color
clarity

What do I do with this LV wallet?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m on a cleaning tear in my house since I have a husband wife cleaning team one a week now (awesome, they get in and out in 3 hours and we don’t have to talk to each other lol). My knee is working and so I’m trying to declutter, but I have trouble with things like this.

It’s my old authentic LV Wallet. As you can see, the threads have come off at the credit card portion of the wallet. It was well used. I don’t think you can send back to France any more to be re threaded.

Do I throw it away?

Sell on eBay for $20?

Help and thank you!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FA41522A-216C-46B5-B0FB-BEDB29E01633.jpeg FEBBD668-B187-4601-B65B-7EDEDF43D8A0.jpeg 5C4F4762-DAC1-4178-96F8-6FA6A1809238.jpeg BEAE7C3E-7596-4CAD-BB03-FA47E66AA7CB.jpeg

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
There's got to be a clothing alteration shop in your area that can work with leather. Or maybe someone who fixes leather furniture could restitch it?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks to you both for the ideas.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a very expensive item made with the what must be some of the highest quality materials on earth.
It's nearly perfect so I'd just keep using it.

... or ... I'd google up how to sew this kind of leather goods and give it a go myself.
How much could the appropriate needle and thread cost?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a very expensive item made with the what must be some of the highest quality materials on earth.
It's nearly perfect so I'd just keep using it.

... or ... I'd google up how to sew this kind of leather goods and give it a go myself.
How much could the appropriate needle and thread cost?

I thought about it and I found matching thick thread but I couldn’t find a needle to get it through with my hands.

You know, I have a friend who has a super fancy sewing machine. I’ll ask her if she can do it.

Thanks.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are leather repair shops most places - some shoe repair shops do handbags/wallets too. I’d google LV or other high end brand name handbag repair in your area and you’ll probably pull up a list of shops. Alternately ask the salespeople in a high end department store or other high end store. They may know of a place that does good repairs.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will you use it, do you think? Just wondering, if you hadn’t seen it for a while! LV does well on ebay, I’ve sold a couple of things myself.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you actually asked LV? I've had Burberry repair earmuffs that popped stitches :) the repair fee was nominal compared to the cost of the earmuffs.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought about it and I found matching thick thread but I couldn’t find a needle to get it through with my hands.

You know, I have a friend who has a super fancy sewing machine. I’ll ask her if she can do it.

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2019-10-11 at 4.40.06 PM.png

FWIW, I have one of these I've used to repair leather goods since they can require great force to penetrate with the needle.
It's a kind of sewing thimble, but made of comfortable leather with a strong metal mesh that can push a needle through leather.

Disclaimer: While I LOVE high-end things I'm a cheapskate who also loves to learn how to preserve my nice things myself.
I'm willing to go through a ridiculous amount of hassle to do so.

... but I've heard that people vary. ;))

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-11 at 4.40.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-11 at 4.40.06 PM.png
    814.8 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
If you still love this wallet and can see yourself using it more, I would see if you could ship to closest LV boutique to help with this repair.
There may be a nominal fee???
Or donate and buy a new/ different one.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

hypermom

Shiny_Rock
I’ve used Rago Brothers for a repair to an Alexander Wang purse. I was very pleased with their work.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Does the loss of stitching render the wallet unusable?

I'd keep the wallet. Use it as an alternative.

cheers--Sharon

Q

Queenie60

I would take it to a LV store. They repaired my key fob for nothing. And I returned a 3 year old purse to them twice with a malfunctioned zipper - they repaired it at no charge. Worth a try and if that is not convenient for you I would take it to a very experienced cobbler for repair. Worth keeping if you can use it. Or... do you have a daughter? My 22 year old loves to receive my designer hand - me - downs!

amoline

Shiny_Rock
Send it this way? :D ;-)

Barring that, would not be surprised if LV themselves would repair or replace.

Otherwise, I would see if it's feasible to repair. If not, keep it as an "at home" style wallet - somewhere where you can just put cards and whatnot when you're not using them or needing to take them out.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sold my old zippy with ripped card slots and the edges were bad for $110 on eBay. Start it out at .99 and see how high it goes.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you want to keep it, I'd take it to a shoe repair place unless you have a LV boutique nearby. If you want to sell it, list on loupetroop. I am sure there are plenty of LV fans on there. I think you'll get more than $20 especially if you have proof it's authentic LV.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, thanks for everyone’s input. Since it is a classic, I’m going to look into getting it fixed. I usually use RFID wallets now because my card numbers kept getting stolen, but I can use card sleeves instead.

I probably do have the receipt, since I tend to keep those things. This was bought around 2004 and was my wallet exclusively for about a decade, so it shows you how well made it is. I have the LV piano bag that I use with the wallet.

I’ll have to tell my cousin not to throw her speedy purses away lol because of threading issues. Yikes.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Ok, thanks for everyone’s input. Since it is a classic, I’m going to look into getting it fixed. I usually use RFID wallets now because my card numbers kept getting stolen, but I can use card sleeves instead.

I probably do have the receipt, since I tend to keep those things. This was bought around 2004 and was my wallet exclusively for about a decade, so it shows you how well made it is. I have the LV piano bag that I use with the wallet.

I’ll have to tell my cousin not to throw her speedy purses away lol because of threading issues. Yikes.
Yikes- throwing it away??? At least there is an alternative now... but, it does give her the license to buy another one. Surprised LV didn’t offer her the repair service?? Horse for courses.

I do hope you find the repair suitable and continue to use the wallet in some way. Sorry to hear about your numbers being scammed. That is just the pits!!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good for you! It’s a nice wallet and definitely a keeper!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope LV is able to repair it for you. And definitely don't throw defective LV away! I had a purse a few years ago where the strap broke, and since they were unable to repair it, I got a replacement free of charge.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LV should be able to repair for you. I've since given my bag to my neice (who loves it!) but told her if there's any issue, take to LV boutique they will take care of it.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you decide to sell it for $20. Would happily pay you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results