shape
carat
color
clarity

What did you wear to...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
your engagement party?! We got engaged on 8/9/09 and the bridesmaids are throwing an engagement party in early November at a friend''s home. What to wear!
33.gif

Is it acceptable to wear white? Since it''s not summer, I was thinking of wearing a winter white shift dress or the like, with black tights and heels. Or should I just wear whatever...? There must be some sort of etiquette on this (I mean come on, there is etiquette about everything when it comes to weddings!

1 - what did you wear to your engagement party?

2 - what should I wear to mine??

Ahhh! Links to dresses and ideas and suggestions are welcome!!! THANK YOU!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wore a strapless white cotton sundress from GAP (I wanted white since I'm not wearing a white wedding dress) with a light blue sweater from Victoria's Secret, and light blue shoes from Betsey Johnson.

I posted a thread. Let me see if I can find it.

(And for the record, I didn't look at any etiquette rules!)

ETA: Linky!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I think wearing white is fine! For mine I wore a sleeveless dress from anthropologie it was white on top with covered buttons, and then fell into an empire waist with a navy blue skirt and it had a navy and white tie waist, and I wore it with a really cute big flowered headband also from anthropologie.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
If you''re going to wear winter white, forget the black tights and shoes! Wear either nude or ivory on the legs, and shoes can either match or be a little darker. If there are no black accents on the dress, wearing black on the legs and shoes won''t look right.

Camille

Shiny_Rock
Ditto on the nude, I''d accessorize with SILVER, silver, silver......white looks wonderful/dramatic with it
16.gif

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not having an engagement party but i went to my friend''s last year at a high end restaurant. She wore a stunning shimmery black gown that is so sexy!

I don''t think theres any rule or etiquette. Just wear what suits the time and the place
2.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 1:24:12 PM
Author: Winks_Elf
If you''re going to wear winter white, forget the black tights and shoes! Wear either nude or ivory on the legs, and shoes can either match or be a little darker. If there are no black accents on the dress, wearing black on the legs and shoes won''t look right.

ditto. I personally wore a black dress with some white on it. I think just wear what you like.

zipzapgirl

Shiny_Rock
The general rule goes that no one wears white between Labor Day and Easter.

Some people don''t care about this rule, but there''s the tradition for you. This is one of those that I think is more observed in the south. Winter white (creme/off-white) is not considered white for these purposes.

I don''t think there is any rule at all on what to wear for an engagement party, except to look fabulous
2.gif
A lot of friends have just chosen a lovely cocktail dress (assuming that fits the occasion) in a bright color.

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
do you have a pic of the dress you are thinking of? maybe if you added a black belt to it, then the black tights and shoes would make sense. otherwise, i''m with the rest of the girls when i say that nude heels would be better.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Great - thanks for the help! Like there aren''t enough other decisions to make! Still hunting for the perfect dress...will keep you posted!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results