shape
carat
color
clarity

What did you engrave inside your wedding band?

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
I have been hemming and hawing for months now on a WB and just decided that with 4 weeks to go, I am out of time for custom/hand crafted etc. So I went ahead and ordered a plain gold comfort fit band and will add to my wedding band collection as the years go by and I know exactly what I'm looking for. The upside to this (besides wanting a plain band anyway) is that it came with the chance to engrave.

I used the lyrics from our first dance song, "Take me the way I am" with our initials and wedding date.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
mine's not engraved but his is. i couldn't come up with anything cute or creative, so i went plain jane, our initials & wedding date: L & C 9.18.10

i love yours though!

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
My band was too thin to engrave (1.8 mm) but Dh's band is wider (6mm) and I had his engraved:

I Belong To You
I Love You - My First Name
Wedding Date

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When my husband and I started dating we were VERY young, I was 15 and he was 16, the first time he ever said anything to me that reflected how he felt about me was in such a teenage boy kind of way, instead of I love you he told me olive juice. When we gout our wedding bands we had "Olive Juice Forever" engraved inside them.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
I have"i carry your heart" in my wedding band, from the ee cummings poem.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
In his: You are my one. Mo Anam Cara.

In mine: Forever grateful for you.

We chose them by ourselves so it was a surprise on the wedding day. I chose "You are my one" because its one of the only parts of the Bible that has ever stuck with me. In our Pre Cana class they talked about Genesis, specifically when Eve was created. The lecturer talked about how excited Adam was to have Eve and I can still here her verbalizing Adam's feelings, saying "You are my one" in my head when I think about DH. I'm not religious but he is so I thought it was appropriate. I chose the second half because his last name is Irish and I wanted to honor that heritage (I have quite a bit in me as well) with something in Gaelic. "Mo Anam Cara" looseley translates to "soulmate."

I have no idea how he arrived at his decision but he said it was easy for him and took not time at all to decide.

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
One of my friends from college has a neat story with their wedding bands...

Her husband and her met in college and eloped 3 weeks later. The story goes that 2 weeks after they met he said, "I love you" and she asked, "With all your heart?" to which he replied, "You ARE my heart." They are still married 12 (or 13?) years later and their wedding bands are engraved with: You are my heart , wedding date

How cute is that!

A

Anonymous

wannaBMrsH said:
One of my friends from college has a neat story with their wedding bands...

Her husband and her met in college and eloped 3 weeks later. The story goes that 2 weeks after they met he said, "I love you" and she asked, "With all your heart?" to which he replied, "You ARE my heart." They are still married 12 (or 13?) years later and their wedding bands are engraved with: You are my heart , wedding date

How cute is that!

That's adorable!! Seriously, I just teared up a bit. Sigh, why am I so mushy lately?! :???:

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I'm thinking of doing "until our Notebook ending" is that way too cheesey?

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
oh goodness these are all so sweet! I admit that while I was considering a super thin band, I was swayed in the other direction so that I could get it in engraved.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
My band is not engraved as my band is too skinny (eternity), but my husbands says "still laughing..." which was one of our three rules when we started dating.

1. be honest
2. be good to each other
3. if we're still laughing we're OK

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I engraved his with a line from the song I walked up the aisle to:

"Take my hand, take my whole life too... 1.9.10"

In mine is:

"L.P. P.B. & W.B.W.W.W. 3 names. 1 love. (01.09.10)"

L.P., P.B. & W.B.W.W.W are all acronyms for nicknames he's given me over the years.

And for fun:

Elvis Presley, Can't Help Falling in Love
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNjP7-qgLkY

Wise men say only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you

Like a river flows surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you

Like a river flows surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand, take my whole life too

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Mine was too thin to engrave, and there wasn't much space in his, so I had "FOREVER" engraved. We were pretty young at the time, but it's 9 years now and still going!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This got me thinking so I did a search for "love quotes" and then "romantic quotes" and got lots of websites (mostly uninteresting).

Then I searched for "wedding band engrave" and found a site that lists "the most popular engravings" -- not sure about popular but some are really sweet and others....

"Put the D*MN ring back on!"
"the toys are LEGALLY mine"
"Don't even think about it mister"
"One great wife, third ring"
"If removed, alarm will sound"
"If found, keep man return ring"

"Resistence is futile" (hehehe -- sorry, Star Trek quote)
"1 of 2, assimilated 00-00-0000" with "2 of 2, assimilated 00-00-0000" (hehehehe, another ST quote)
"Ani L'dodi v'dodi li" (this is very likely what will be engraved in FI's & maybe mine)
"Cross my heart"
"I'll be loving you. Love, me" (From an amazingly sweet song -- "If you get there before I do")

Don't have anything picked yet -- still have to pick the rings even -- just an interesting thing to start looking at.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results