shape
carat
color
clarity

What content streaming service, video, audio, podcast, etc. do you pay for now?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For simplicity of seeing poll results, I tried to list every service.
But there are too many.

I'll go first.

My DH pays for:
Hulu, which included Disney +
Netflix
Paramount Plus, which includes Showtime
Amazon Prime
HBO, now called MAX
Spotify

I do watch content on Youtube, but do hot have a paid subscription.
If pay for a YT subscription please list that too.

What have you cancelled, and why?
What are you considering adding, and why?

Last edited:

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
I keep a running HBO subscription. I've had it for nearly two decades now, since I was back in high school, back when it was just a TV channel.

We did Netflix for a couple of months when they released the first Witcher season and cancelled it. Nothing in their catalogue filled a need so we didn't see a point in paying for it.

Over time and as streaming platforms have decided to go the exclusive route, I've become more and more firm in my belief that I will not subscribe to anything else other than HBO. I have no intention of paying for a dozen different streaming services because they've all gobbled up as much as they can as exclusive content. I am a... seafaring veteran.

What these services should do instead is compete in quality. Who can offer you the best user experience, the most convenience, the best algorythms to suggest relevant content, the best speed, bitrate, quality and so on. Like what the music streaming services are doing.

And on that note, in terms of music, I keep an Apple Music subscription while my husband has a Spotify one. Each caters to our individual preferences while both of us have access to pretty much the same music.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep thinking I want to cancel many of our channels but then I don't end up doing anything

Max (HBO)
Showtime Anytime
Netflix
Hulu
Amazon Prime
Cat TV (haha this one is for the kitties ...we leave it on all day while we are out and the cats watch it lol)

I am sure I am forgetting other subscriptions but this is what we watch most of the time

Music:
Tidal
Pandora

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Only one - Spotify.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Hulu (with Disney+,) Netflix and PBS Passport.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't pay for any TV.
We have an antenna, and we get
59 channels.
It's all the channels offered on cable TV,
minus the paid stuff.

Last edited:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazon prime...we dont pay for it for the movies though. We pay for it for the quick/free(?) delivery.

We dont really watch prime shows though.

llamacat

Rough_Rock
None.
Never have, don't intend to start anytime soon.
No cable tv either. Just free to air.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Disney/Hulu
Paramount+
We rotate every now and then and will likely pick up Netflix again soon now that they've cracked down on account sharing.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have netflix, amazon prime, crave/HBO included with my cable/internet package.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
None.

However, I believe I can stream using Amazon Prime as I have a Prime subscription.

I have never done it though as I seldom have time to watch anything.

DK :))

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have Netflix, Hulu, Amazon prime and then my cable package which gives me things I don't watch, but things I do so can't really eliminate the ones I don't as I can't get the ones I watch outside of the package. I only occasionally use Netflix and Amazon Prime but they do have a few series I enjoy, so keep them. Never Hulu (should probably cancel that one). With the writers and actors strike I'm guessing I'll use Prime and Netflix more to watch some of their existing shows that I've yet to watch.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Uy...I need to check which we're not even watching anymore...
Netflix
Disney+
HBO ( or whatever it's called now)
Youtube premium...to me, this is the most useful of all.....
And probably more I've forgotten.
I've even heard ads for a business designed to pare down subscription lits...so many people are paying for services they never use....

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
hulu at $1.99 a month, If we can not get another deal like that will drop it. Its not worth the full price.
Paramount - comes with walmart+
The one we watch the most is tubi and it is free.
Freevee is hard to find stuff on but has some great movies free(use google not amazon to find them)

The commercials on youtube are getting annoying but I will stop watching it rather than pay google a dime.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Antenna, won't pay for anything. I use my library card. Thru MrCarParts we watch Drive to Survive on Netflix, superb series on F1.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BritBox
Amazon
Discovery +
Paramount (which now includes Showtime)
Peacock (DH watches Rugby)

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Hulu for live tv (came with Disney+ & ESPN +)
Starz (with Hulu)
BritBox
Peacock

I upgraded internet so that we would have issues, and still saving at least $30-40 from what we were paying Directv, and with tons more to watch. So much, that I don't have time to watch everything I want to, and have to rotate what I watch after I'm done with MSNBC for the evening.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
only prime, but my son has motor trend and pays to skip commercials on u-tube

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Hulu for live tv (came with Disney+ & ESPN +)
Starz (with Hulu)
BritBox
Peacock

I upgraded internet so that we would have issues, and still saving at least $30-40 from what we were paying Directv, and with tons more to watch. So much, that I don't have time to watch everything I want to, and have to rotate what I watch after I'm done with MSNBC for the evening.

I clearly need to proofread. Obviously I upgraded internet so we WOULDN'T have issues. :roll2:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We do not have "cable", we only stream. We originally tried several different antennas but NONE gave us decent reception so we gave up.

Youtube TV is our go to for live TV, we share it with my Mom :)
Youtube Premium, my Mom shares with us :)
Disney+
Paramount+
Netflix (planning on canceling, don't watch it enough and they keep cancelling shows after not many seasons)
Spotify (recently cancelled BC we get youtube music with the youtube premium)
Amazon Prime (cancelled over a year ago BC we can wait a few days for free shipping)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
None - and I very seldom pay for shipping on Amazon. Might take a bit longer to get but not a problem for me.
I have Peacock through our cable carrier but never watch it. I seem to be able to find enough to watch when interested in our cable service. I am just not paying more money for television!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
None.

Rarely, we watch something unpaid on YouTube. Also rarely, we purchase a season of something on Amazon for streaming. (There have been a total of three seasons over the years.)

There was an unpaid streaming blog thing of a project we watched.

We buy dvds and BluRays. At this point, we have a reasonably large collection of movies, documentaries, beautiful nature shows, and old & new series. Recently added several BBC series, a couple of series from small studios (or streaming but put on dvd?), and a popular series I keep seeing recommended here.

We canceled cable after they quit carrying our favorite channel for history documentaries. I had also noticed we seemed to watch the same old stuff again and again. $200 each month when we could buy everything we were watching for around $500. I also got irritated by commercials for stuff of absolutely no interest getting in the way including addi g bars of ads on the screen with the show. The stuff we watched was less popular so shown in low quality video & sound. I convinced DH to try it probably 8 - 10 years ago and we haven't regretted it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results