shape
carat
color
clarity

what company is good source for conflict free diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

petitfour

Rough_Rock
whiteflash states on their website that they only have conflict free diamonds but i can''t tell from the good old gold or james allen sites if they too have conflict free diamonds. does anyone know? also if anyone has any other recommendations for good internet businesses that have conflict free diamonds.

thank you!

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
For the guarantee of their supply being conflict-free, all retailers have to rely on the information of their suppliers.

On the bright side, here in Antwerp, I see all reputable companies doing their utmost to avoid getting involved into anything related to conflict-diamonds. Luckily, that is not so difficult at present, since the number of conflict areas where diamonds can be found has reduced considerably.

In that way, if you work with a retailer, who knows his job, he will also know his suppliers and the risk of being sold a conflict-diamond has been reduced to close to zero.

Hope this helps,

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Both GOG and JA and the other PS vendors also, do their best to avoid conflict diamonds.
In this day and age anything too do with conflict diamonds can bring terrorism charges and it has cut it back a whole lot.
No one wants a free trip too Cuba from Uncle Sam.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This has been discussed at length here and you can pull up some previous threads on this by searching for ‘conflict diamond’ in the search bar.

Here are some thoughts on avoiding buying conflict diamonds.

How to avoid conflict diamonds.

It’s worth noting that EVERY diamond legally imported into the United States since 2002 is conflict free. This would include the vast majority of the inventory from the dealers you’re talking about and they can all arrange to get you a stone where this is guaranteed to be the case. (Note: I’m not saying that ANY of them sell conflict diamonds or that they are smugglers, only that a few stones in their inventories may have been imported prior to 2002 when this law was unanimously passed by congress). To answer your question, every dealer here and pretty much every jeweler in the US can get you a guaranteed conflict free diamond and by all means you should make it clear to them that this is one of your important shopping criteria. If they don't understand the question or aren't prepared to provide you with assurance that you find credible about the sourcing of your particular stone, shop somewhere else.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

petitfour

Rough_Rock
thanks for all of the great feedback! i''ll run a search on PS and do some more research.

mrdisco99

Rough_Rock
James Allen''s conflict-free policy is here...

http://www.jamesallen.com/conflict_free.html

I''ve yet to run across a retailer that doesn''t have a conflict-free assurance policy.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You''re fine with all those vendors.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2007 6:18:50 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
You''re fine with all those vendors.
ditto!

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/24/2007 4:40:30 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
If you really care please do not try to buy a non-african diamond because that will feed the well fed.

That''s a simplistic way of looking at things.

My original e-ring is from Leber Jeweler in Illinois. They have a website but do not offer e-shopping. The metals are also recycled. I don''t know if Brilliant Earth (web store) is reputable, but it seems like any of those three vendors mentioned are trustworthy. If you''re interested in ''ethical'' jewelry, I would suggest that you work with vendors and jewelers who have demonstrated a commitment to improving jewelry production for those who are most impacted in terms of the environment, economy and its politics.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2007 11:02:15 PM
Author: erica k

Date: 9/24/2007 4:40:30 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
If you really care please do not try to buy a non-african diamond because that will feed the well fed.

That''s a simplistic way of looking at things.
Erica,

I don''t think Garry is "tuned out to these things.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results