shape
carat
color
clarity

What Color...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Best describes how you think of yourself.

When I was younger... I was a deep red. I swear I was passionate and ferocious...

Now I''''m beige. Everything I buy is a neutral these days, from furniture to clothing and shoes. And when I push myself for a little color... I never wear/use it.

I''''m also more... settled and even than I''''ve ever been, though. Which is a good, if unexciting, thing.

LOL.

What color were you... and are you now... in your OWN opinion. And why!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting topic Gyspy! I think I''m somewhat like you...I vary between bright yellows, sky blues, and neutrals most of the time. When I was a teenager and in my early 20''s I was either fuschia or deep indigo...back then I was a lot more intense, brighter, punchier, a lot more attitude, and I got into deeper funks then. Now I think I''ve kind of lightened up, learned how to air out my feelings, and have a more easy-going outlook on life.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm, I''m a deep cerulean blue. Carribean ocean, calm, blue waters. I tend to be calm on the outside even when there''s a storm brewing under the surface. I tend to think too much and like to be more solitary than part of a group.

Interesting that you two have changed over the years. I''ve been this color my whole life, I think.
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love blue; that is my absolute favorite color. I think I am blue; pretty easy going just like a beach. I am yellow too; very happy go lucky. I like most everyone and most people get along with me so I think yellow and blue! Cute thread
36.gif

I just read Kaleigh's post and I have 2 blue cars. How funny!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
For me it would have to be blue. I love wearing blue. My living room is mostly blue, with some yellow and white thrown in. My car is blue too, so there ya go. And can I just say?? This weather is making me blue.
14.gif

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Purple for me! I have always been drawn to rich, dark eggplants and plums... I think of my purple self as passionate and intense, a bit moody, proud but fair, and strong but sensitive. And most of all, complex... there are lots of different shades of me (my fiance would probably say TOO many)!
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think of myself as blue or green. the two are somewhat related especially on the color wheel but i don't think i fit entirely in either.

both colors are typically calming and mentally i think i'm pretty calm....my demeanor is pretty even keel and i don't get very easily ruffled. also i tend to be kind of mentally lazy aka i don't get offended or upset or sensitive about things...i'm pretty even keel. it's hard for me to be 'dramatic' or very energetic or excited...(when i drink i get way more animated!). also with blues they tend to have many layers to them or shades of other colors inside...varied.

but my two fave colors are blue and green, they are incorporated into all aspects and elements of my life (car is blue, house color accents are green and our master bedroom is blue, i have a handful of blue sweaters from light to dark etc), and i love them for different reasons. both are so basic and yet can be so intense at the same time.

oh and the actual colors of blue and green i most identify with? wedgewood grayish blue with undertones of lavendar..and a soft grayish sage green.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2007 8:00:41 PM
Author:Gypsy

When I was younger... I was a deep red. I swear I was passionate and ferocious...

Now I''m beige. Everything I buy is a neutral these days, from furniture to clothing and shoes. And when I push myself for a little color... I never wear/use it.

I''m also more... settled and even than I''ve ever been, though. Which is a good, if unexciting, thing.

LOL.

white... white is my favorite color and all I aspire to be.... orange is m second favorite color and though I hate to admit it is probably more accurate LOL

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/29/2007 9:34:37 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Now I''m beige. Everything I buy is a neutral these days, from furniture to clothing and shoes. And when I push myself for a little color... I never wear/use it.

I''m also more... settled and even than I''ve ever been, though. Which is a good, if unexciting, thing.

LOL.

white... white is my favorite color and all I aspire to be.... orange is m second favorite color and though I hate to admit it is probably more accurate LOL
Oh Cehra, I LOVE white...ivory, winter white, bright white, etc., I love them all...our bedroom furniture is antique white, very seaside/cottage look, well everything I''ve chosen to furnish our home with is pretty much in the ivory/beige/white family...I am still campaigning for white kitchen cabinets with glass doors for when we remodel our kitch, in fact. And as far as apparel, I absolutely love white. There''s something so crisp, clean, and elegant about white on white to me and it is so visually appealing.

When we got married I wore an ivory dress, the BMs wore very light champagne to match the embroidery in my dress, and the groomsmen and my DH wore champagne tuxes...someone asked me once what my colors were and when I told them they were like "where''s the color? you can''t not have any COLOR!" But we did accent a wee tiny little bit with cinnamon, some natural greens, and ivories in the flowers. It was a very peaceful, serene, and monochromatic look I was going for, and I''m happy to say we achieved it and maybe others didn''t find it totally appealing, but I did and when I look at our wedding photos I just feel at peace with the world sometimes...it all just flowed so well together!

I wish we lived in a tropical climate sometimes so I could wear linen and silk in whites and ivories nonstop, topped with a straw wide-brimmed hat. Yum.
9.gif

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
When I was younger I would say yellow always bright and outgoing and not easily ignored
41.gif
Im much more of a pink now confident and domestic but still a little wild (those are my hot pink days
4.gif
)

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I think of myself as green. Green can vary from somewhat muted to brighter and happier. Green has been my favorite color since I was 12. Other colors come and go but green is a constant for me. I think it fits me because I enjoy nature, tend to be calm and somewhat blend in with my surroundings. I tend to like greens that are more on the blue side and midtone...not really light or really dark. My engagement ring from my first marriage was even an emerald instead of a diamond.

I love the color purple and I want my personality to be more like purple...daring and creative. But when it comes down to it, I am really just green.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
When I was younger I was defintely red. Bold, mouthy, opinionated, energetic, etc.

Now I would say I am bright, soft pink. I still am full of energy, social, etc. but I''ve mellowed A LOT. I tend to take things in stride and am often the person that sooths, keeps things moving, etc. within my family (I think that would make me a bit of the utilitarian tan as well!). I am overall extremely happy and always looking for the positives in situations. I do not like attention like I did when I was younger, I am much more reserved now, but there is still a bit of brashness/boldness in me that maintains the red undertones.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Blue!!

It''s funny because we did a test at work about personality types or something...and it described each personality as a color. I was blue (driven by emotions, outgoing, etc) and I wondered what my BF. I was just hoping he wasn''t orange because orange in this test meant a very materialistic driven person...not so in touch with emtions but rather driven by posessions, etc. Well...guess what color he was?...hehe, yep, deep orange!

I guess we just compliment each other. Although I do think I have some orange in me just like I think he has some blue in him!

M~

Hopes

Rough_Rock
When I was younger, it was black. Not the goth kind of black, mind you, just more like a plain, common kind of black. I wore a lot of black, have black hair, was often depressed and sarcastic, and I just liked black a lot. Over time, especially when I felt happier, I started to like brown and beige a lot, but that also has changed. Now it's more grey or blue, depending on the day. I love blue skies -- Chicago has a lot of very pretty blue skies -- and I live next to a big beautiful lake that is often blue, and I get to see it every day! Of course in the winter a lot of times it's pretty grey out here, too. The colors I wear are often grey or white or blue for work. Still pretty subdued and plain. I guess it shows how I've become calm and happy rather than depressed all the time.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2007 10:30:08 AM
Author: KimberlyH
When I was younger I was defintely red. Bold, mouthy, opinionated, energetic, etc.

Now I would say I am bright, soft pink. I still am full of energy, social, etc. but I''ve mellowed A LOT. I tend to take things in stride and am often the person that sooths, keeps things moving, etc. within my family (I think that would make me a bit of the utilitarian tan as well!). I am overall extremely happy and always looking for the positives in situations. I do not like attention like I did when I was younger, I am much more reserved now, but there is still a bit of brashness/boldness in me that maintains the red undertones.

Oh wow, Kimberly- I could''ve written this!

Totally describes me and my "color"
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love blues and greens, from the calmer to the brighter to the earthier, but I do also like neutrals and I love deep burgundy/cranberry and pinks, which are the warms, too...but I think overall I am more sea blue,

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I think I''ve been a blue my whole life, but my early-20s were quite yellow! I definitely consider myself a deep person, with bouts of stability and moodiness! I definitely have many different shades! I also wear a lot of blue, surround myself with blue, and generally LOVE blue.

But when I was 22, single, and new to DC, I kind of went a little wild and had a good old YELLOW time! And I loved it! But I''m glad to be back to blue now!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
LOL! Even your avatar features a BUFF tabby!!!
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blue has always been my favorite color, and I love accents in yellow.

I wear things like black pants with deeper blue, teal, purple, reds...jewel tone colors, I guess, that look best on me. These colors translate in to my choice of sapphire for RHR''s in colors such as blue, lavendar, yellow, and a rich pink.

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
Yellow, yellow, and yellow. My bedroom has always been yellow, most of my clothing is yellow, my e-ring was a yellow stone, most of the rooms of my home are yellow. Growing up, everything I had had to be yellow. I think it fits my personality because on the one hand it''s sunny and fun, but it''s also the least favorite color in america, and I like to think I''m unique. It has to be a pure yellow, though. I can''t pull off brass or gold, nor do I appreciate them the way I love pale and lemon yellows.

In college, I learned to love red because I always got compliments wearing it. I have a firey side to me, and red captures that perfectly. I think yellow and red are great compliments to each other.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
My favorite color is red. I have always been a red. Sometimes it is a fire engine red, and sometimes it waxes and wanes on either side to a pink red or a darker brown red, but it''s always red.
1.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2007 11:52:56 AM
Author: ChargerGrrl

Date: 1/30/2007 10:30:08 AM
Author: KimberlyH

Oh wow, Kimberly- I could''ve written this!

Totally describes me and my ''color''
36.gif
Perhaps it''s the San Diego/Los Angeles in us. (I''m the opposite of you, I was raised in LA County and then moved to San Diego in my late 20s (with a stint in Sacramento thrown in between. Sacramento was actually when I turned into a pink though!).

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
When I was younger I was definately grey. Shy, did not want to stand out.

Now I wear lots of red and black. Not sure what it really says about me, but most of my tops are either red or black. I also wear alot of pink.

My favorite color's alwasy been red, more towards darker shades.

Maybe I'm conflicted
26.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2007 1:33:58 PM
Author: sumbride

LOL! Even your avatar features a BUFF tabby!!!
36.gif
LMAO. And my other two cats are a) black and white and b)tan and grey.

All neutrals... depending on how you define black and white.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Please no quizzes, personality tests or other "fun" sites here - too much to clean up.
Thank you.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2007 11:36:14 PM
Author: Pricescope
Please no quizzes, personality tests or other ''fun'' sites here - too much to clean up.
Thank you.
2.gif

Gotcha Irina! Will do!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results