shape
carat
color
clarity

What Color To Pick????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HAPPY_BRIDE

Rough_Rock
Does anyone have any FAB IDEIA FOR A COLOR SCHEME?? I have been every where from all white to Pink/brown but i can''t commit. This is the cenario. It will be a formal evening wedding in the summer in brazil. The church is about 300 years old it''s silver and gold palted and it''s located on a cliff over looking the ocean. It will be summer and the reception will be on the putside area. I have a few pics from a previous wedding i will post them. What you guys think?? my wedding dress wiil be either lush or the monogram dress will decide on sat:))

chacha3.jpg

HAPPY_BRIDE

Rough_Rock
entance pic 1. i will post about six its alittle hard fpr me to get it right but i will keep trying:))

chacha9.jpg

HAPPY_BRIDE

Rough_Rock
iside altar

chacha10.jpg

ndnyhagen

Rough_Rock
HB,
Summer Wedding + Beautiful Gilded Church + Seaside Locale = Blue!!! I don''t think you can possibly go wrong using some shade of blue for your wedding. It looks gorgeous with gold and silver, will reflect the ocean colors, can be your "something blue" and surely your Groom won''t mind integrating it into his wedding attire. Whether Navy, Cornflower or the infamous Tiffany Turquoise Blue, I don''t think you can go wrong with this choice. Let us know what you decide.
37.gif

laine

Brilliant_Rock
The location looks beautiful! I would think nearly any colors would look lovely! Are you looking for colors for the wedding in general, or for bridesmaids dresses as well? What colors have you been considering? I know you said you''ve been all across the rainbow, but what were your top choices? What colors would you absolutely hate? And if it is for bridesmaids, are there any colors that would look particularly great or particularly bad on the girls?

I''ve always been partial to blue as well, but what do you like?

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
I agree... go with some shade of blue to reflect the setting you are holding this event in! I think a sky blue or cornflower blue with silver accents could be stunning.
10.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Going against everyone else here it seems... but that church and setting need some LIFE. And blue isn''t doing it for me.

032108_bouqgal_6l.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Or these... which are the colors I''m fairly sure I''m doing (if I don''t do green orchids and green as my color).

BQG014m.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I''m also going to go against the crowd here - I think it wouold be really fun and would really warm it up and "pop" against the blue if you did burnt orange, ivory and gold, with tons of candles for a warm light. Sort of like this for the colors:

47b6d803b3127cce8a0e119d90c100000015108AZNGLlyzYuB

Good luck!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
hmmm...i gotta vote with gypsy here...thsoe two color schemes would really looks gorgeous in that setting! warm and lush, really pop against the setting.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had an outdoor ceremony outside Chicago in the fall, and my flowers were the almost the same as Gypsy''s 2nd pic...the bm''s wore a champagne colored dress, and the groomsmen wore champagne tuxes--it was beautiful. The flowers gave enough color to pop out in the pics, but the champagne colors of the dresses/tuxes gave the pics that "antique" look, especially in the color pictures.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I'm with the others....deep bronzes and reds (with a splash of gold) would be gorgeous. I don't see "blue" when I think Brazil, and I'm having a blue wedding! I've only got blue on the brain.

HAPPY_BRIDE

Rough_Rock
Thank you guys!! i dont think you guyd realise how awsome is your imput!! At first i wanted everythinh white the typical traditional but it got old so fast . I LOVE , LOVE , LOVE WHAT YOU GUYS POSTED !!!! Thats a graet color scheme.
Laine: I have not picked the colors for anything yet . the only thing i have is a dress and location:))
MONARCH i LOVE , LOVE THE INPUT!!!

I had this in mind what you guys think? But if i picked those flowers i had no ideia what to do with the bridesmaid and grooms...

lanielizabeth_w_080503_06.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm, how do you feel about green?

65884_GR7274_SU06_m.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this suit for groomsmen:

73682_WV5310_SU06_m.jpg

laine

Brilliant_Rock
Personally, I love the bright multi-colored flowers. You can go in any direction with the bridesmaids. Pick your favorite color out of the flowers, or ask them what they might like.

With the multi colored flowers, I would try to minimize the number of colors elsewhere, so it doesnt get too rainbowy and overwhelming. Whatever color you use for the bridesmaids, you could use elsewhere, or just stick with whites for things like table linen. With such bright flowers, you wouldnt even need any other colors.

HAPPY_BRIDE

Rough_Rock
Wow the green looks amazing and it would match the church too. Do you guys think it would look wierd if the flowers inside the church were white since its a completly diferent area from outside?? And have the colors outside??

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happybride, I think it would be nice to have white flowers inside and colorful ones outside. You can have the best of both worlds that way...I think the white inside would suggest formality and tradition, whereas using colorful, bright flowers outside would create more of a relaxed, fun, party atmosphere! Also, keep in mind that not everyone can wear that color green, ha ha! You could also do a bright pink or coral color dress...I''m just brainstorming here, lol! I''m excited to hear what you decide!
35.gif

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
First thing that came to my mind was peach/orange or maybe different shades of yellow w/blue accents.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results