shape
carat
color
clarity

What color should we paint front door?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would pull that teal color from the trim of the stained glass and do it at about 75% saturation.

Because i love light blue doors...

36A5BD21-06FD-4B87-87F9-84FF273722A5.jpeg 10192A7A-80A1-4896-AE34-207773E444D9.jpeg EE4CD260-1907-4F28-A18F-D1DF77AAB409.jpeg

Otherwise, I would do yellow.
Love this color!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would paint it black! I think it would make the stained glass pop!

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a yellow door at my last house. Builder painted it, and it matched really well. It was a newer house, but based on the Craftsman style design.

It had a mixed reaction of good or bad amongst friends & family. I personally grew tired of it. Black is my favorite color and with the right brick/rock combo that can look really good too. Lots of people are doing the turquoise/teal color around here as well. It looks okay, but IMO, is just over used due to popularity.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If all the trim on your house is white and your roof is black or grey, you can paint it just about any color. If not, the color choice should not conflict with the roof or shutter/trim color. I love a glossy black or deep maroon glossy red. I take it that the colors of the stained glass are more visible on the inside than the outside. If it is dark outside and the lights are on inside then the door color will only be illuminated by the porch light...which should be painted the same color as the door. I love the aqua pastels in flat colors. Green is a hard color , flat or glossy, so it really depends what else is going on with the house.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a pic of the old place that had the yellow door. Guess it followed the white trim rule that @lambskin noted. I'm not sure I would have ever picked the colors but they all worked together. I don't have any with the front door, but if you can imagine a door of similar color & style as the web pic below with the actual house, that is what it looked like.

house.jpg

front-door-colors-for-gray-house-with-black-shutters-what-does-a-red-front-door-mean-sherwin-williams-exterior-paint-colors-2017-change-door-color.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Puppmom, did you ever decide? Enquiring minds and all. ::)

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That yellow color is really pretty. Remember, it is only paint and you can always repaint it. Our door was white and we painted it a glossy black. I love it. But now I am thinking about a glossy lapis lazuli blue. But I would have to paint surrounding iron work and decorative cement planters the same color and not up to that ...yet...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results