shape
carat
color
clarity

what color should i make my favor ribbons?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
looking for some of your ladies'' opinions since my brain is feeling fried
26.gif
!

my flower centerpieces will be high and predominantly ivories and peaches. my favors will be truffles inside a cute little favor purse with a ribbon tied around it with our names and date. the favor box is ivory floral--what color do you think the ribbons should be? right now thinking peach or brown. i think peach might be too matchy matchy..but then again, i''m having a hard time deciding. thoughts?

thanks!!

tallblondemonster

Rough_Rock
that''s a though one...do you have a colour theme picked out? if you do i would stick to the theme colours...

if I had to choose i think the peach and ivory is pretty for the flowers however would blend too much on the favour boxes especially if you want your ribbons to stand out as they will have your names and date...in this case i would go with the brown.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
i agree about the peach being too much.

my wedding colors are peach/burnt orange, ivory and burgundy. for some reason i''m not feeling the burgundy ribbons, but i''m open to anything!

tallblondemonster

Rough_Rock
burnt orange sounds nice...if you can get ribbons in that colour...would stand out more against the ivory background i think...i guess you''ll have to see what is avaliable and then go from there and that may make the decision easier.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Can you describe more of the table contents and colors? I mean tablecloth, napkin, dishes...etc.

DKS

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
sure, the tablecloth and napkins are ecru (Off white). the walls/chairs of the hall have a goldish tint but it''s basically a very neutral room. our centerpieces are ivory and peaches (and some oranges), so it''s overall a romantic and soft look. the favor box itself is ivory. so we need something to contrast but not overpower..or take away from overall feel.
thanks!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I have a different view...(don''t know if it holds any merit because I am the only one...
41.gif
) I think I would go more neutral...becuase that little piece of ribbon is all the color the table top is going to have...up high you are going to have the color pop...so I wouldn''t want to compete with that. If there was more color scattered about, that would make me go color.

So my first thought was ivory with gold lettering...or ivory with peach lettering. It would be seen only as you sit there...not from a distance. Just a light touch of color be it pale or accent would be my vote.

DKS

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
I agree with DKS...I would tend to lean toward more neutral colors in very complementary tones...maybe a shimmery gold or very pale peach?

Could you maybe take a picture of what you already have so we could see it and actually get an idea?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm, maybe a combo of pale or dark peach with ivory? Are the favor bags ivory? If so, you could even do a russet red or brown with ivory. So many options with that color pallette!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
hmm, so many good suggestions but i'm still having a hard time. i guess right now i'm down to these choices:
1) ivory with gold lettering
2) burgundy with silver lettering
3) brown with silver or gold lettering
4) peach with silver lettering

again the table will be ecru/ivory with peach petals. the centerpiece is high (clear glass vase) with ivory, creme, peach, orange flowers. the room itself has gold accents (wall and chairs). here's a picture of the favor, but obviously the ribbon will be a different color. i love the idea of ivory but wonder if it would just blend into the table rather than serve as an accent..

favor_bag.jpg

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Oh...the table will have peach petals...so there will be a touch of color on the table tops!! Those petals will be lovely! I lean towards the ivory again...but my second favorite would be the peach. Your petals will have a most delicate touch of color...light pastel shade. Unless you want the favor to really stand out to be the focal point...your idea of using Peach ribbons would flow and carry that color across the table tops as the petals are strewn there also.

At first I thought why silver writing on peach...then it sounded better to me as envisioned the flatware. It may be silver so the silver writing on the ribbons make more sense after thinking about the utensils. I like to envision a unified appearance to your scene. The peach would do that. I don''t think a teeny ribbon would make it look TOO much or too matchy matchy.

Any thing you choose will look great...as it is all in your color scheme. I think you need to decide if you want the favor to take center stage as part of your decor by using a far more intense shade...or just subtle like your petals. It is going to be beautiful what ever you choose.

DKS

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Janine, try www.namemaker.com (I think there is a sale on right now, let me see...). I got my ribbon from there, satin in antique gold, orange (I know, sounds horrible), and redwood! Seriously the colors are beaaaaautiful! For the sale, try septembersale in the sale line. Might work. Or try augustsale. Hope it works!

The colors are below...

satinribboncolorsarecool.jpg

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
Since you will already be tying in the peach in your color scheme with the flowers and petals on the table, I would honestly go with the burgandy ribbons just to add in some more color. You said burgandy is one of your colors- where else is it being used at the reception? I think the mix of the ivory, peach and burgandy on the table would look really nice! The brown ribbon would be my second choice (again to add a hint of a different color). Just my 2 cents though!

However, I wouldn''t stress too much about this- they are only ribbons after all. The guests will just take their favors, they won''t go "Oh, she should have choosen and ivory ribbon here instead of burgandy", trust me!

Good luck with the final decision!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
thanks for the feedback! burgundy is the color of the bridesmaids dresses, so it''s not used much otherwise. good point about it adding some contrast. i like brown too since it''s a nice color against peach.

i don''t know why i''m thinking about this so much! i guess b/c it''s like the final accent on the table...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results