shape
carat
color
clarity

What color shoe for "diamond white" dress?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
The lady at the store told me that diamond white is kind of in between white and ivory. I actually thought it looked a little darker than the ivory, but maybe that''s only because I was comparing it to the ivory I''d seen earlier at a different store and don''t remember correctly. The coloring of the dress is a little confusing to me because from a distance the sparkles seem more gold-ish, but when you get up close, you see that they''re actually silver. You can''t really see ANY sparkles in the pic, but I don''t have the dress on me right now to show you up close. I definitely don''t want white shoes, but is ivory going to be close enough to match? I don''t think I''ve ever seen shoes called diamond white, but if they have them, I''d love to know where to find them. Thanks in advance for any help!

Here is a picture of the dress from my other thread (please excuse the weird face I''m making
1.gif
). I''m thinking something strappy and not over three heels, maybe lower.

dressfromfronta.JPG

Barcelona

Shiny_Rock
If you buy white silk shoes they will match since silk isn''t a pure white. Otherwise a light ivory should be fine.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thanks.
1.gif
I looked up past threads and people said to go with white, but my dress really isn''t white, definitely more of a creamy color. I haven''t seen white silk though, so I''ll have to go check some out. If I go to a bridal store, would they have some I could look at in person? It''s so hard to tell just from looking at a computer screen.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Can you get sample of fabric from your dress to take with you and compare when shopping for shoes? That''s what I did, and I am suprised to find such a variation in white or ivory. It would be a challenge getting them online I would say unless you are willing to dye them, or return them.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I also have a diamond white dress, and I''m going with colored shoes so I don''t have to worry about matching! Mine are pretty bold -- bright blue and green flowers on an white-ish background -- but I think a light, shimmery pink would look lovely with your dress.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
nobody is going to look at your shoes. You are beautiful in that dress!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I know its not teh traditional route, but I really love the idea of wearing coloured shoes, like a bright pink , yellow or red.
I think it adds some fun, and looks great in photos!
Perhaps you could choose a colour from your theme (what are your theme colours btw)?

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
LOL thank you lulu! I''ve been looking at a zillion perfectly shaped brides in designer dresses in magazines all weekend, so you just made my day!

Thanks for the ideas everyone. I might be able to get a sample of the fabric. It came with cap sleeves I''m not going to wear, but I can''t remember what they''re made of. I''m also going to tuck in the corset strings, maybe they''re made of the same color. I''m sure I can figure out something.

I hadn''t thought about getting colored shoes. I''m not opposed to the idea though. Once I figure out my theme colors, which brings me to the next thing.... I''ve changed my mind on the colors several times now. I finally picked my venue though, and it''s a boat that we''ll have all to ourselves. The boat is already beautiful, and it''s decked out in a cranberry/burgundy-ish red, golds, creams, white, and navy blue. I thought since we''d have the place all to ourselves that I could color cooridate with the boat. I haven''t chosen flowers or bridesmaid dresses yet because I can''t figure out what colors to go with. Maybe you guys could help me choose. I''d LOVE some outside input. I''ll post a few pics from the other thread so you can see the colors. Thanks so much for any advice!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Here is what the boat looks like when you walk in.

1walkina.JPG

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Another view.

1walkinturnarounda.JPG

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
And just to see the colors, I''ll post close up pics of the carpet, walls, curtains, and chairs. It''ll be a nightitme thing too, so the lighting will be different.

First: the carpet

carpet.JPG

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
The chairs

chaircloseup.JPG

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
The walls

wallcloseup.JPG

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
And the curtains

curtainscloseup.JPG

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I''ve thought about doing navy blue dresses, or gold, or burgundy, but I don''t want everything to totally blend in with the background either so I can''t decide. A HUGE thank you to anyone bearing with me through this!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/20/2009 11:22:27 AM
Author: Kelli
I''ve thought about doing navy blue dresses, or gold, or burgundy, but I don''t want everything to totally blend in with the background either so I can''t decide. A HUGE thank you to anyone bearing with me through this!
On the shoes kelli, i think anything you pick will be fine - i wouldn''t go stark white, but any form of ivory will look lovely i am sure! you won''t see them too much, or at all, so just get whatever you like.

Having said that, I LOVE colored shoes with wedding gowns and i plan on wearing some with mine. Some options that i''ve seen on others are "something blue," a bright splash of pink/red, and i think someone on here wore green.

A fun gold shoe would be great with that dress too, because there''s gold in the decor of the boat. I would either do that, or maybe i would match my shoe to the color of the bridesmaids'' dresses??? As for what they are wearing, i love the idea of coordinating them with the decor of the boat...based only on the pictures you showed, i think there''s too much burgundy in the background to put them in that color - they might blend into the background.

i would like navy for them (very nautical
9.gif
) You could do something in a light gold/champagne for them with a navy sash or something too and then you could wear a champagne or blue shoe to match them....just throwing some ideas out there. I''ll see if i can dig up a picture.....

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much violet! I was thinking burgundy dresses would be too much as well, so I''m glad you said that. Since being on the boat, I''ve been thinking either navy or champagne/gold. I love the idea of combining them, and then I think the goldish shoes are a great idea too. Thanks so much!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you go to the Bill Levkov website, you can find lots of champagne colored dresses that have sashes. They fit well and are well made - i do think they typically run over $200 though, so I don't know what your price range is. I didn't pick them, but my bmaid said they were great when she tried them on.

On the site you can customize the dress (and order it that way from what i understand) with any color combo of background material and sash color. Try it out and see if you like the colors together! You could do the burgundy sash too on the champagne and that would be really pretty too.

I was thinking something like this - imagine different sash color....

EDIT: TOO SMALL....SORRY. will find another.

levkov two tone.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
is this bigger?

bill levkov two tone 2.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting the picture violet! I definitely like the dress and the color. Pricing may be an issue though, as I have a very big bridal party and some of them will definitely have a problem paying over $200 for a dress they''ll wear once. I can''t pick up the costs either, since my fiance and I are already paying for almost the entire wedding, reception, and rehearsal dinner ourselves. I''m gonna go check it out anyway though. I''ll be back....
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results