shape
carat
color
clarity

What color metal would you use?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
My first thought was rose/pink gold. It's a moody stone though, and I'm undecided. I got a few of it's moods, so tell me what you think and what you would do!

ETA: in diffused daylight

IMG_4211.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

ETA: under halogens

IMG_4237.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
This seems to be the color it is the most...

ETA: incandescent

IMG_4239.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
But then it does these copper flashes that are much more apparent in real life, but I almost captured it here....

ETA: fluorescent

IMG_4244 freke.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last pic, sorry so blurry. And this is it from the side. In daylight...

IMG_4261.JPG

ma re

Ideal_Rock
It''s one of those colors that can go either way, depending on light, so it''s all a matter of preference. So if it can exhibit plum, magenta, violet and purple (anything else?), you have to figure out in which tones, warmer or colder, you like seeing those colors. Either yellow or rose would probably increase perceived color saturation; yellow would bring out the blues, rose would bring out the reds. Do you have something similar? If you do, try going with a different option, for a bit of variety.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone. Love the moods. I think those colors would look great against yellow gold. I''m a fan of bringing out the blue tones, and your stones has lovely bluish undertones.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
I love the idea of variety, to use a metal that you don''t have than much of!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I really enjoy ''moody'' stones, just can''t tell what it''s going to look like from one moment to the other. Sorry, don''t know about the metal color...I think maybe gold?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two tone?

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
My first thought was yellow gold for contrast. But you could probably go with one of the others too. I''m a big fan of purple!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I covered the color basics, but it does go red red sometimes. And in natural daylight it almost has a mystic topaz look and feel to it--like you don''t know what color it really is...very odd...

I think I''m still leaning towards the rose/pink gold because of the last picture and the second to last picture. The vendor described it as mauve, which is when it flashes those copper highlights. I''m attaching another picture in the same lighting situation.

I''m torn between rose/pink and white just because I don''t really wear yellow. I don''t have ANY rose/pink gold settings at all, with only one planned in the immediate future. And I don''t know what I''d put in it, even though I have a bajillion and a half stones I could use...

IMG_4243.JPG

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree - rose gold for sure will bring out some of it''s beautiful pink/copper colors!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think rose gold would be really pretty! Is this for your engagement ring Freke or a stacker or rhr?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Rose gold for that one, and the peachy-pink one from this weekend
1.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
My ering is just waiting for it''s custom reset. It''s a 1.2ct blue/gray/purple spinel from Barry Bridgestock. There are pics somewhere...

I''m thinking that I''m going to be one of those people who has a ton of solitaires, and just pairs them with my wedding band. So I''d have something like 12 "erings" and wear a different one whenever I feel like it...
31.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
hey, a different ring for each month- that''s a great plan!

i''d go with rose gold for your moody gem.

Barcelona

Shiny_Rock
Love the range of colors. I''d probably go with a white metal - just my preference with purplish stones, but rose gold would be beautiful too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results