shape
carat
color
clarity

What center stone size blends in best with 0.22c sides?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moolman

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I''m going with the verragio ENG-0023, it has pear sides that are 0.22c. Around what center stone do you believe will blend in best with the ring. The problem is that the jewelers that have it in stock have a CZ already set in it, so I can''t place a bigger diamond to anaylyze the look. The 1c CZ looks small, so if you have an opinion, I''d appreciate it.

Thanks

Alex

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the setting is made for a 1 carat ceneter stone (probably about 6.5mm), a larger one may not fit in that well. Even if the head holding the stone can be adjusted, there isn't enough room between the sidestones and the larger diamond will have to hoover way up over the sidestones. Since verragio settings already place center stones pretty high... I am not sure this will work that well.
At least as far as I can tell from this picture:

ad2.jpg

The question is... does Verragio make that setting to fit a larger center stone
33.gif
And this either Verragio or the retailer should be able to answer.

Added: actually, a note on Verragio.com (link) says that these setting can be "center settings can be customized for almost any shape and size by special order".

To me the version on the website looks well proportioned. Not that a larger diamond might hurt
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results