shape
carat
color
clarity

what can I say when asked (lying revisited)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jaz

Rough_Rock
After we had to sell my origional wedding set (5 years ago) my husband got me a ring with a cz stone. I never wore it out in public because I knew people would ask me if it was real and I didn''t want to lie--but also didn''t want to embarass my husband and say ", it''s a cz"

Now I am wanting to wear it out in public but feel very unprepared as to how to answer people when they ask about it''s real-ness.

is there some clever way to answer that is neither lying or telling the truth???

cheers,
35.gif

Jaz

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Just smile? Who asks if it''s real or not? Most people seem to just ask what size it is. Is it some giant sized monster or something?

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, how about just giving a little smirk and saying, "Wouldn''t you like to know!!"
31.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
LOL, or the common saying, ''''I''d tell ya, but then I''d have to kill ya!" or "I''d tell ya, but then I''d have another body to hide!"
11.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just sat it''s real, they don''t have to know it''s a real cz!!!
31.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually would never consider asking someone if their diamonds are real
6.gif

I honestly don''t know what i would say if someone asked me. I am planning on putting a cz in my old wedding set and will wear it from time to time, or at least until my upgrade is complete
31.gif
. You should wear it b/c it symbolizes your hubby''s love and commitment to you and don''t worry about what other people think
1.gif
2.gif

Jaz

Rough_Rock
LOL!!!

I never thought of it that way!!

cheers,
Jaz

birdgirl

Rough_Rock
Are you in a circle where people will really ask if it''s real or not?
I''m only thinking that you might not even encounter that question. I think most people will ask to see it, ask what the ct weight is and where did you get it.

I usually wear a diamond ring and cz earrings, or a cz pendant. Once I did get asked if my pendant was real and I replied, "some of my rocks are real and some of them aren''t."

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm, I guess it really depends on the type of people you hang out with. I can't imagine strangers asking if it's real unless it's sooo large, it'd be amazing if it were real.

My friends would be comfortable enough asking if it was fake, but I don't think it'd ever occur to them that it could be fake. They'd just assume it's real and if it were cloudy, that it was dirty or just not taht great quality. All of our friends and relatives that saw the e-ring my fiancee is wearing just ask what size it is. No one's ever asked if it is fake. And it's kinda cloudy right now cuz it's so dirty.

They've asked price. That can be uncomfortable I guess. We just smile or give very vague responses.

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
I think anyone who would ask if it was fake is just plain rude. I guess my response would be "How rude of you to ask that."

I have never had anyone ask if my rings were ''fake'' however a friend who knows I used to wear a lot of CZs, and does so herself, asked me when I got my new upgrade..."That''s real, isn''t it?" Because of the situation and history between us, I wasn''t offended and found it humorous.
emteeth.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Lots of people lie about their age, weight, whether or not their hair dyed....why not lie about jewelry, too?
31.gif

I personally think anyone rude enough to ask if it''s real DESERVES to be lied to!

widget

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
First of all, I can''t imagine anyone being that brazen to ask you if your stone is a fake. But if they did, you basically have a couple of options. If you aren''t embarrassed by the fact that it''s a CZ, just tell them the truth. If you don''t want them to know, this is what I''d do...give them an icy stare and reply in a very disgusted voice "Does this LOOK like a fake???" That way, you''ve put the ball back in their court and you haven''t told a lie. If they are rude enough to persist with the subject at this point, I think you are entitled to be rude enough to walk away without answering. I personally don''t think it''s anyone''s business what your stone is, how much you paid for it, or where it came from. I think those kinds of questions are way too bold. The only people I can think of that would ask me something like that would be my mom, my sister, or my best friend. All three of them would already know the truth, so would have no need to ask.

solange

Brilliant_Rock
I think it is the height of rudeness to ask such a question. I would never have the nerve to do that. I do not think that a person who is tactless enough to ask a question like that does not deserve an answer. I would just say that it is rude to ask that question and I would not give any answer at all.

You do not have to lie if you feel uncomfortable about it but neither do you have to give out information you consider private.

schmoopy

Rough_Rock
Hi Jaz,

That would be a hard one for me to answer, regardless if the stones were real or not! I would first go through a "What is wrong with you?! That is a very tacky thing to ask!" and get irritated, then I would probably say "Well, this is a REAL finger, with a REAL ring, and a REAL stone!" It wasn''t a figment of their imagination!! My soon-t-be sis-in-law deals with these sort of questions with a more comical approach. For instance, while in Caribou Coffee she was asked by a very outspoken, borderline rude lady who jumped in front of us in line, how much she spent on her diamond. (She wears a 4ct princess) And she responded with "How much did you pay for your horrid fake blond dye-job?" I could have pee''d my pants!!!! I would never have the muster to say that, but she is a spunky gal who has those quick comebacks! My advice to you is who gives flying rats tail whether or not your stone is a diamond, you are happily married.....in the end that is all that counts!!

25.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
love the user name schmoopy....you''re a schmoopy...no you''re a schmoopy!

schmoopy

Rough_Rock
LOL!

Around our house it''s "I love yoooooooooou, Schmoopy!" "no - I love yoooooooooooooooooooooooou, Schmoopy!"
30.gif

Sick, sick, sick!!! Sick I tell ya!!!!!!!

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Wear the CZ proudly. Why would you be embarrassed at something your husband bought for you? Even though it is a CZ, its still has the same meaning that your diamond did. I don''t know many people that would come out and ask if it''s real, but if someone does, just say "my husband bought it for me and I love it!"

If people act all snooty and disgusted, then they aren''t worth your time or energy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results