shape
carat
color
clarity

What can I expect to pay for this?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm planning on getting a lavender spinel 7mm precision cut round to go in a setting I have. Not really doing much with loose stones, I have no clue what to expect to pay for one. This is my ideal color:

IMG_5117.jpg

The price for this is around $350 already set as a pendant. I can go lighter just so long as it is a definite lavender color.

If anyone has an idea of reasonable budget and/or if you have seen anything promising please let me know. Thanks!

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Mineralminers is on the cheaper side so I don't think you will do better pricewise. Other vendors you can check for spinels in that colour are cdgemstones, thegemstoneproject and haydenfredgems.

Kevin Bryant

Rough_Rock
Trade
Spinle is so hot right now, The setting and setting of the stone will run about $100 chain depending on size 18 inch 14 kt .75 mm with spring ring around $50-$75 bigger the chain the more it will cost, spinel Depends on the quality and color, I recently sold a .60 ct pear Blue to Purple color change for about $1000 a ct whole sale. so be prepared to spend for for good quality spinel, if its a stronger purple expect to pay less and if has no blue even less. I have sold 1 ct range purple spinel for around $200-$300 per ct

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@qubitasaurus is Mineral Miners a good place to buy from? I guess I worry about them being on the cheaper side as you said, I will also check out the other vendors you mentioned, thanks!

@Kevin Bryant, I'd actually be buying this stone to use in a ring I already have so don't have to worry about chain, my jeweler usually sets stones for me for $60 with sizing included so I guess he is reasonable. The only reason I'm looking at spinel is because sapphire are so expensive and I can't come up with another gem with a good hardness that will give me this color.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@qubitasaurus is Mineral Miners a good place to buy from? I guess I worry about them being on the cheaper side as you said, I will also check out the other vendors you mentioned, thanks!

@Kevin Bryant, I'd actually be buying this stone to use in a ring I already have so don't have to worry about chain, my jeweler usually sets stones for me for $60 with sizing included so I guess he is reasonable. The only reason I'm looking at spinel is because sapphire are so expensive and I can't come up with another gem with a good hardness that will give me this color.

I actually haven't bought anything from them. Nor have I seen much about transactions through them (although there have been a few pieces here and there). I think it is one of those things where you alot some risk to see potentially substantive savings.

If that doesnt sound paletable then you could consider this one
https://www.finewatergems.com/store/p539/1.49_ct_Violet_Spinel.html
Or maybe keep looking, what you are looking for shouldn't be too hard to find.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually haven't bought anything from them. Nor have I seen much about transactions through them (although there have been a few pieces here and there). I think it is one of those things where you alot some risk to see potentially substantive savings.

If that doesnt sound paletable then you could consider this one
https://www.finewatergems.com/store/p539/1.49_ct_Violet_Spinel.html
Or maybe keep looking, what you are looking for shouldn't be too hard to find.

I've reached out to a couple of vendors on Etsy including CDG so maybe they will come up with something. I do like that one from Finewater and saw it previously when searching but it is unfortunately too small for the setting I have. Not in a rush so will keep looking, thanks for all your help!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I’m dying to see what you find!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m dying to see what you find!

This is for that eight prong setting I bought from you! My jeweler told me he would rather not set a diamond in there but a colored stone would be fine :confused2: Erm okay then colored stone it will be!

He is a nice guy and does good work for a reasonable price so I respect his opinions he is a quirky old bat though :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results