shape
carat
color
clarity

What can I do with mum's chipped diamond?

SeeingSunshine

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone!

A few months back my mum gave me her wedding set because she does not wear jewelry at all anymore. She said would like me to reset it in something I like and wear it often. I would like to have it set in a necklace paired with her birthstone (garnet, I'm partial to mali and tsavs) or a bright red stone as that is her favorite color. However, after I really looked at it I realised that the diamond has a chip. I was hoping to bezel it, but I'm not sure if that is possible. It is already quite small, so I don't think recutting is an option.

Obviously I will have it evaluated when it is taken out of the setting, but I'm not planning to do anything with it for a few months and I am curious as to what you all think.

I don't have a clue what the specs on this are. Here are the best pictures I could get:

Thank you in advance!

mums_ring.jpg

mums_ring_macro.png

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could always set it in a bezel...

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SeeingSunshine|1470426897|4062863 said:
I was hoping to bezel it, but I'm not sure if that is possible.

what makes you think that a bezel isn't possible? The size of the diamond? The chip? I don't know the size of the stone, but very small stones can be bezeled and the bezel often hides the chip. Why not take it to a jeweler or send it off to DK for an opninon?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results