shape
carat
color
clarity

what are your wedding colors?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
just curious what colors everyone is using in their wedding!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
We're doing copper, bronze, and champagne colors with a hint of chocolate brown somewhere (maybe) :love: October wedding and Ivory colored flowers :) Colors below are just ones I googled that are somewhere along the lines of the colors

images.jpeg

Kashmir_Gold.jpg

Color Swatch  - Copper-2.jpg

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
It's been a while since I was a BIW (two years!), but I just wanted to make an observation. For my wedding, my colors were eggplant purple and sage green. The year I got married (2009), a couple girls I knew also had dark purple as a wedding color. Now, I feel like every wedding I go to is all about the dark purple! Anyone else noticed this?

asymons412

Shiny_Rock
kittybean|1304485581|2911841 said:
It's been a while since I was a BIW (two years!), but I just wanted to make an observation. For my wedding, my colors were eggplant purple and sage green. The year I got married (2009), a couple girls I knew also had dark purple as a wedding color. Now, I feel like every wedding I go to is all about the dark purple! Anyone else noticed this?

Oh goodness... those are actually my colours as well! :lol: Although the reason is that purple has always been my favourite colour, and green is fiancés... so we've known that we wanted to have that pair all along. 8) I guess it's a great pairing! Here are my "be my bridesmaid" invites to give you an idea (although I'm thinking that I will incorporate darker purples).

http://www.etsy.com/listing/73370620/will-you-be-my-bridesmaid-custom-order
card1.jpg

As for flowers, I'm not sure if I want purple dresses with white/green flowers or what... but you get the idea!

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
I'll play! We're using sunset colours (hot pink, orange, yellow and everything in-between) with sapphire blue as a base. This probably sounds completely disgusting, but I love rich, deep colours so it's perfect for me.

I have been a bad PSer and haven't uploaded any photos yet to show this off... :???:

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I think we're going with white, a natural brown (burlap and brown twine etc) and purple.

I'm starting to wonder if our wedding is going to be too neutral and boring looking because I'm not planning to go mad on the purple (bridesmaid dress, mens ties/bow ties, my shoes, some of the flowers and a little bit on the stationary). I have day-mares where I walk into the reception room and think "meh, I guess that's ok but it's not amazing". I'm afraid things wont look well co-ordinated and put together :errrr:

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
We're going with blue and ivory, super unoriginal, but originality isn't really my goal! My mom has a collection of Wedgwood china that I've loved since I was tiny. It's a very particular shade of blue with ivory trim and Neoclassical designs. I had always wanted that as a wedding theme, because it was so meaningful to me. When we first decided on a winter wedding, I thought I'd have to abandon that idea for the holiday feel I wanted, but then I found this:

wedgwoodsnowflake.jpg

Wedgwood snowflake! I love it. So essentially that is our theme. FI wants a little silver or something sparkly to give it a snowy feel, so we'll add some metallic/sparkly accents. I know blue and white are the most popular colors in the world, but I love it.

A

Anonymous

We're going with an elegant rose garden color scheme that focuses on pinks and ivory. Linens will be ivory/white, cake will be an ivory shimmer with pink flowers and scrolling. It's hard to describe because all of the stuff isn't with me (it's in NY) and all I have are pictures to try to piece everything together. My FMIL and F. Aunt IL (writing "FAIL" just doesn't work!) have assured me that it will be beautiful and elegant. 8) I can't wait!!!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
tammy77|1304526939|2912079 said:
We're going with an elegant rose garden color scheme that focuses on pinks and ivory. Linens will be ivory/white, cake will be an ivory shimmer with pink flowers and scrolling. It's hard to describe because all of the stuff isn't with me (it's in NY) and all I have are pictures to try to piece everything together. My FMIL and F. Aunt IL (writing "FAIL" just doesn't work!) have assured me that it will be beautiful and elegant. 8) I can't wait!!!

hahahaha FAIL...too funny :lol: :lol:

CourtLynB

Rough_Rock
We're doing white, light blue and yellow. with maybe a hot pink accent, still not sure.
Our venue is on the beach(ocean) and they have blue and white striped hangings on the ceiling. I'm going to try to post a few pictures from the website. It's going to be super beachy with beach grass and seashells in the flower arrangements.

Oceanbleu-at-Westhampton-Beach-Bath-and-Tennis-hamptons-new-york-ny-wedding.jpg

Orange and Fuchsia! I can't wait!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Black and white with bright summer flower arrangements (lilies, daisies etc in bright pink, orange, yellow, green, etc)

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Cream, gold and various shades of pink (from pastel to deep pink, I'm not looking for a too matchy-matchy look)

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Nonconformist here: So far I don't have wedding colors, and I'm not sure I'm going to pick any ( :o ).

My bouquet/the table arrangements will be made of whatever gorgeous flowers I can get at that time (multicolored), the table linens will be restaurant white, and I'm not sure I'm going to have bridesmaids. If I do, they can just agree on a dress color/style.
My save the dates are light green and cream, and my invitations will be whatever design appeals to me. Most of the Decor will be provided by the beautiful outdoor environment.

If we have a wedding cake I think it will be white.

I'm not out to dazzel with how many matching wedding accesories I can find - I'm pretty sure most of my guests won't notice!

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Hope, we don't have wedding colors either. And we won't. We're just having a small ceremony with about 10 guests and dinner afterward, so it would seem silly for me to pick colors. Even though we don't really need to send invitations, I want to, if only for a keepsake for us! I found a design on etsy that I love (and FI likes it, too). It comes in different color schemes, but I think we're going to get the light blue, yellowy green, and brown. I plan to DIY a bouquet with whatever I can find that appeals to me. Oh and I'm not having bridesmaids or anything.

It's all right - if we had to pick colors, FI and I would probably have trouble agreeing. That, or he'd just give into whatever I wanted but not be that excited about it, haha.

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
I was unoriginal and did purple and white BUT- my BM dresses were whatever they wanted in black and the men wore traditional black tuxes. The only purple was really our flowers, ketubah and kippot.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
We're doing plum with accents of lavender and butter yellow. It's been kind of amazing how much purple has been out there lately (I missed that when I picked colors), but I think it'll still look fresh.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i was married in december - so i used a peacock blue, silver, and black.

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Another dark purple here. :)) The bridesmaids will be wearing amethyst colored gowns and carrying lime green cymbidiums mixed with purple flowers. We're having a Chinese reception, so there will be lots of red too.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Cornflower (or wedgewood) blue, a kind of clover green, with pink, blue, green and ivory spring flowers.. I've saved Claritek's flowers on my computer for inspiration.

5574_613738496114_14300210_36362080_6093896_n.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
thanks for sharing ladies! really interesting to hear about everyone's choices. autumn I think the warmer metallic colors will be perfect for a fall wedding :)

I suppose I should share mine too...thinking of going with teal and chocolate brown with some gold accents...not exactly like this but one of my 'inspiration' pictures
photo1.jpg

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
slg47|1304698981|2913998 said:
thanks for sharing ladies! really interesting to hear about everyone's choices. autumn I think the warmer metallic colors will be perfect for a fall wedding :)

I suppose I should share mine too...thinking of going with teal and chocolate brown with some gold accents...not exactly like this but one of my 'inspiration' pictures
photo1.jpg

I love those colors together!! :love:

turboflgrl

Shiny_Rock
We didn't really focus on colors since the surrounding atmosphere was so naturally beautiful but we incorporated navy blue, light/medium green, and white with peacock feathers as an accent. Absolutely loved how it all turned out. I remember growing up, I always wanted to do a deep purple with a navy blue but we were married at the beginning of spring so I wanted to keep it a little "lighter" :))

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/turboflgrls-pro-pics-d.159574/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/turboflgrls-pro-pics-d.159574/[/URL]

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
KittyGolightly|1304628700|2913237 said:
Another dark purple here. :)) The bridesmaids will be wearing amethyst colored gowns and carrying lime green cymbidiums mixed with purple flowers. We're having a Chinese reception, so there will be lots of red too.
My bridesmaids carried lime green cymbidiums! They looked gorgeous against the purple dresses--very striking. My bouquet had white/pink-throated cymbidiums.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
We just changed out venue (literally, last night) to the one below so I'm now kind of wondering if my colors will still go well?

arts-ballroom-philadelphia-1.gif

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
We're getting married at The Florida Aquarium in front of their coral tank. So.. we're using dark colors like dark purple, blue, black, and maybe some green for accents. This is all tentative it could very well change I dunno. We may end up with just dark grey and dark purple.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
We did mostly herbal greens and ivory, with the bridesmaids' dresses in pewter and their bouquets in peach.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1304782708|2914777 said:
We just changed out venue (literally, last night) to the one below so I'm now kind of wondering if my colors will still go well?

oh my gosh that is a gorgeous venue!!! I think you can definitely make the colors work, especially if you have lighting

asymons412

Shiny_Rock
Autumnovember|1304782708|2914777 said:
:love: :love: :love:

I am sure your colours will work; tweaking the lighting shouldn't be a big deal. That is a stunning room!

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
kittybean|1304718544|2914284 said:
KittyGolightly|1304628700|2913237 said:
My bridesmaids carried lime green cymbidiums! They looked gorgeous against the purple dresses--very striking. My bouquet had white/pink-throated cymbidiums.

That's great to hear! I just met with the florist earlier this week, and am really excited about the BM bouquets. For the life of me though, I can't remember what we decided on for mine. :) I told her I wanted something really sophisticated and structured for them, and something more girly and romantic for me.

The BM dresses just came in, and they are actually more iris than amethyst. Not what I was expecting, but I really love the color!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results