shape
carat
color
clarity

What are your deal breakers?

inne

Shiny_Rock
That, IMO, should be a deal breaker for everyone.
:errrr:
::)

:lol:

I don't know, I assume it would be a selling point for some. Or at least negotiable.

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
My answer will probably differ depending on the time of the month:lol:. But generally a decent, kind, compassionate and opened minded person is enough for a partner and friend. Since I am watching criminal minds, I'll add no serial killers or psychopaths lol

I don't really have dealbreakers for home. Generally safe is fine. I grew up in south philly and now living in Brooklyn, so I can't be too choosy:D:P2

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
That, IMO, should be a deal breaker for everyone.
:errrr:
::)

:lol:
I grew up in a confirmed by us haunted house.
It was kewl.
Mine tiger wanted nothing to do with the basement however and would growl down the steps.

The house my friends mom owned however no one would want.
It is an empty lot to this day.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I grew up in south philly and now living in Brooklyn, so I can't be too choosy:D:P2

:lol: Hey, I have to say Brooklyn is a nice place to visit but a great place to live.:love:

What is not to love about this awesome borough? It is diverse, with people of different cultures coming together to occupy a beautiful portion of a great city!

With all this energy and culture, no wonder Brooklyn has produced many top-level performers that have taken the world by storm. Beyond its performers and the art they produce, Brooklyn is home to some of the most iconic landmarks in New York City. Starting from the legendary Brooklyn Bridge to Coney Island, the Brooklyn Botanic Garden and many more.

Brooklyn also has a lot of wisdom in its heart and many of its natives have shared that wisdom from time to time.

“It’s ironic that no matter where I go, I meet people from Brooklyn. I’m proud of that heritage. It’s where I’m from, who I am.”

“People from Brooklyn grow up with a certain common sense. If it doesn’t ring true, it’s not true.”

"Brooklyn, a nice place to visit, a great place to live."

What can I say? I am a girl from Brooklyn...and Brooklyn will always be a part of who I am.
:)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I can think of a house dealbreaker I forgot to add - I agree with a lot of them that have been posted here, too, but one I haven’t seen yet - I need a bathroom for every bedroom in the house (preferably en-suite, but if not, at least a dedicated bathroom per bedroom). Or at most have one less bathroom per bedroom. I just hate having to manage multiple people through one toilet and shower.

Yes, I agree. I think having one's own bathroom can help a marriage immensely. I know that was one of my deal breakers too. When we got engaged and started looking for a new home I said we each need our own bathroom. It is definitely a plus in my book.

I’m the opposite. I love having just one bathroom to clean. But there are only two of us.

I am glad it works for you Sally. I don't mind having more bathrooms to clean especially because Greg cleans his own bathroom so that works for me lol.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lying.

I’m sure I’ll come up with others but “don’t lie” encompasses a lot for me.

Oh and narcissistic people. Total dealbreaker.

Yes lying is right up there with one of the most unpleasant behaviors IMO. If you can be so generous and call it a behavior. Sometimes I think (with some people) it is a character flaw. I do not care for liars.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In a life partner? Dishonesty, arrogance, needless unkindness, negative attitude, smoker, controlling, doesn't like cats, can't have a decent conversation, doesn't bathe, drinks to excess, thinks women are second class citizens.

I am right there with you @Rons Wolfe
If only we could discuss politics.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not for me! I've almost always lived in hopping old houses :bigsmile:

I don't know, I assume it would be a selling point for some. Or at least negotiable.

I grew up in a confirmed by us haunted house.
It was kewl.
Mine tiger wanted nothing to do with the basement however and would growl down the steps.

The house my friends mom owned however no one would want.
It is an empty lot to this day.

I guess people vary. :)

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
Partner... not required... however dishonesty, controlling, judgemental, thinking they should be equal to or above my child or family....

Friends: dishonest, not loyal & gossiping

House: beggars can’t be choosers.... anything I could afford to buy these days. I’m happy to renovate & happy to comprise. As long as I have room for my child & myself & it was ours I’d be happy

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
@missy I think I would "love" Brooklyn if we could afford a bigger/ better place. I moved from a brownstone to a building complex. While it's bigger, it's still barely 1000 sq ft and can feel a touch small with 4 people. And while my neighbors are usually okay, summer and spring are filled with loud music, bands playing, general screaming (kids??) and sirens. And dog poo. I can't get over that lol. There's so many dogs here and not everyone picks up after them. And we don't own, so there's that too. We missed the opportunity to buy years ago and are unwilling to spend 2x the monthly rent to own a comparable place. My friend bought a huge place for just a little over a million outside philly. That would get me a 2 bed, 1 bath condo here. But other than that, Brooklyn's great! Lol

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know how to answer this. I don't plan on ever having another partner, this one is just right.

I guess smoking. I can't have a smoker around me in any capacity. I especially hate smoking appliances. :devil:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Partner:
1. Lacking in integrity
2. Drinker
3. Smoker
4. Rides a motor cycle
5. unreliable
6. impatient
7. unkind
8. disrespectful
9. dissimilar values, religion, direction in life
10.obnoxiousness
11. cheap
12. must be able to see the big picture

Friends:
1. Lacking in integrity
6. impatient
7. unkind
8. disrespectful
9. obnoxiousness
10. cheap

Home:
1. must be comfortable
2. must be safe

City:
1. must be safe
2. must have good restaurants
3. must have good grocery stores

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In a life partner? Dishonesty, arrogance, needless unkindness, negative attitude, smoker, controlling, doesn't like cats, can't have a decent conversation, doesn't bathe, drinks to excess, thinks women are second class citizens.

This covers a lot of my dealbreakers, except alter to “doesn’t like animals especially dogs”. Probably being vegan, tee-total and a Labour/Greens voter would also be a dealbreaker! :think: It would be hard to reconcile that with my family and I’m very close to them.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Partner deal breaker:
-Not putting me high up on the list of priorities. Not saying I gotta be #1 all the time, but I must be always near the top.
-Not acting responsibly.
-Not being a decent person. This includes deceit, lack of empathy, etc.
-Lack of curiosity. I can't enjoy life with someone who's either content not knowing about the world or with someone jaded who "knows it all" and has it all figured out and is thus not game for my impromptu adventures, or would be unwilling to compromise.

Friend deal breaker:
-Deceit
-Neediness

Home sweet home deal breaker:
-Unsafe neighborhood
-Lack of privacy
-In need of renovations (to keep creepy crawlies out where they belong)
-Built on an undesirable site

Town/city/state:
-Natural weather conditions must not be deadly, aka no high heat plus humidity, no subzero freezing temperatures
-the rest all depends on deal breakers for my loved ones; I could live anywhere!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PARTNER
- Abusiveness (emotional or physical)
- Selfishness
- Religious fanaticism
- Extreme political conservatism
- Lack of intelligence/insight/curiosity
- Lack of sense of humor
- Lack of integrity
- "Showoff" personality
- Addiction
- Dishonesty
- Condescending
- Hates dogs
- Party animal mindset (I'm way too introverted and serious/boring to keep up)

FRIENDS
- Selfishness
- Pettiness
- Judgey-ness
- Religious fanaticism
- Superficiality
- Condescending
- Dishonesty
- Lack of integrity
- Party animal mindset

HOME
- On a busy road
- In a crime-ridden neighborhood
- Only 1 bath
- Psychic juju, i.e. someone died there
- In an area with high risk of floods, wildfires, etc.

TOWN/STATE
- Lack of ethnic diversity
- Heavily conservative (I'd be happier in a blue or purple area)
- Lack of good restaurant choices
- Lack of arts and culture
- Has a lot of mosquitos and other biting insects
- Far from nature

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results