shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing under your dress?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
31.gif
(No, not the scandalous things you may - or may not - wear!)

I have it in my head that you MUST wear a bustier under a wedding dress. I guess it’s because all the bridal shops offered them when I was shopping for my dress. But I’ve had THE hardest time finding a bustier that fits correctly and both stays up but doesn’t make me pudge out of the top and bottom. I’ve spent countless hours shopping for one and it’s such a pain trying those things on by yourself!

I’m thinking a better solution than wearing something that creates bulges where they don’t naturally exist is to wear a strapless bra of some sort along with high-waisted Spanx. Will the bridal gods strike me down if I do that? I haven’t had my first fitting yet so I haven’t had a chance to talk to a seamstress about what would be the best option.

So what are you wearing under your dress to support and slim on the big day? Maybe we can come up with a list of recommendations for those of us who are in the market for this sort of thing.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
When my sister got married she bought a strapless bra to wear under her dress. When I was helping her to get dressed on the day she couldn''t wear the bra as it felt too uncomfortable. Her dress was designed to hold her up and in without her needing a bra.

I thought that might be helpful lol!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t have to wear a bra under my dress so I''m just going to get a nice pair of knickers for under it. Maybe get something built in that will hold you in up top, especially if the bra/bustiers are making the dress sit wrong or if they''re not comfortable.

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
My dress doesn''t do well with bras & bustiers, so I''m just having cups sewn in underneath the lining. While the idea of wearing beautiful underthings sounds so appealing, most of them are plain uncomfortable!

Your solution of a strapless bra and high waisted Spanx sounds perfect, though. I''d rather not worry about odd bumps and bulges on my wedding day. You can always "slip into something more comfortable (and pretty)" when you''re alone with your new hubby.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
What does your dress look like? You will probably have to get something to accommodate the shape. I do think they recommend going braless if you are comfortable with that. I wouldn''t be, so I will probably do something like this Victoria Secret slip:

vs.shapeslip.jpg

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 5:44:56 PM
Author: Maisie
When my sister got married she bought a strapless bra to wear under her dress. When I was helping her to get dressed on the day she couldn't wear the bra as it felt too uncomfortable. Her dress was designed to hold her up and in without her needing a bra.

I often wonder about this as far as bra's go. I've never really seen a wedding dress on the inside so often wonder how the bra/non bra situation works. Built in support would be nice!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I remember her dress had an sort of thick elastic bra strap that fastened first, then you zipped up the dress. It had cups sewn in too.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I might go for sewn in cups, since nothing will fit under my dress (oy, it''s tight!) but I do need some hoisting up top because the boning creates a missile-boob situation.
40.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 6:25:26 PM
Author: sunnyd
I might go for sewn in cups, since nothing will fit under my dress (oy, it''s tight!) but I do need some hoisting up top because the boning creates a missile-boob situation.
40.gif
LOL!! I love that.
9.gif

I''ll be wearing some form of industrial strength foundation garment to keep the girls locked and loaded ... hopefully, I can have this weapon preventing mass destruction built in for ease of comfort.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Perfume
2.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 6:19:47 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
Date: 3/20/2009 5:44:56 PM

Author: Maisie

When my sister got married she bought a strapless bra to wear under her dress. When I was helping her to get dressed on the day she couldn''t wear the bra as it felt too uncomfortable. Her dress was designed to hold her up and in without her needing a bra.

I often wonder about this as far as bra''s go. I''ve never really seen a wedding dress on the inside so often wonder how the bra/non bra situation works. Built in support would be nice!

I am doing it (having the bra sewn in), so I will let you know how it works! The back already has like bra eye hooks under the zipper. If it can support me..well then I am sure it''ll work for just about anyone. Lol.
2.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
For those of you having cups sewn in, let me know how it goes! My 32-D''s definitely need real support so I''m interested to know if the sewn in cups are more for shape or if they support also.

A couple of times when I tried on my dress the saleswoman pointed out how it will look different once I have the right bra underneath (one that pushes up the girls more
2.gif
). I was wearing my normal strapless bra so I''m hoping that I can find a new one that''s more supportive since apparently my current one isn''t doing the job!
40.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 8:02:15 PM
Author: Sparkalicious

Date: 3/20/2009 6:25:26 PM
Author: sunnyd
40.gif
LOL!! I love that.
9.gif

I''ll be wearing some form of industrial strength foundation garment to keep the girls locked and loaded ... hopefully, I can have this weapon preventing mass destruction built in for ease of comfort.
Bahahaha!!!

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
My Pronovias gown comes with an elastic ''corset'' in the dress, I just have to wear a bra and undies...I tried to get away with no bra (I have a small chest and the dress stays up because of the corset), but my shop told me I had to wear one
19.gif
or they wouldn''t fit me
20.gif

So just a strapless and undies for me!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wore nothing up top
6.gif
SO glad I have little boobins. Well, most of the time.
39.gif
2.gif

Everything showed through. EVERYTHING. I bought a corset mostly for fun, I thought it would make me more bridal-y, and the seams showed right through. My strapless bra showed on the edges. It wasn't a see-through issue, it was that that dress hugged every little curve... including the edges of undergarments. Like blair, I had a pronovias dress, but mine didn't really have a corset... it was just an elastic band at the waist to help hold the dress up.

I barely got away with some lacy/meshy pale pink (my skin color
3.gif
lol) boyshorts. Those didn't show through, thank goodness, because they were so sheer and thin.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
i think i have the biggest challenge of all, 34DDD in a halter dress
23.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I needed a lot of help in the boobage department...34A (B on a good day), and I don't fill out my corset-style wedding dress. I toyed with the idea of getting cups sewn into the dress, but I wanted to wear some sort of slimming undergarment, so I found this:

http://www.balicompany.com/detail.asp?col=&cat=3&styleno=8912&color=WH

It's pretty, slimming, has a lot of padding for the small of boob, and converts to straps/strapless. There's a hook and eye closure at the crotch so you can go to the bathroom. And as an added bonus, it's lacy and white, so it's good wedding night wear as well as wedding day!
11.gif

ETA: Lovesparklies, this may be a good solution to the bulge-on-the-bottom situation, since it's a full bodysuit. You could still wear the lower-cut spanx underneath it if you wanted.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Blair: I can''t believe they wouldn''t fit you without a bra! I''ve never heard of such a thing... did they give you any other explanation?

I''m hoping to go bra-less, with or without sewn-in cups. I''m thinking just the sticky "petal" things will prevent any... ermm.. unwanted friction between me and the fabric. I''m also a small A... so there''s not much to support.

For the bottom: Spanx Higher Power!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 8:41:08 PM
Author: musey
I wore nothing up top
6.gif
SO glad I have little boobins. Well, most of the time.
39.gif
2.gif

Everything showed through. EVERYTHING. I bought a corset mostly for fun, I thought it would make me more bridal-y, and the seams showed right through. My strapless bra showed on the edges. It wasn''t a see-through issue, it was that that dress hugged every little curve... including the edges of undergarments. Like blair, I had a pronovias dress, but mine didn''t really have a corset... it was just an elastic band at the waist to help hold the dress up.

I barely got away with some lacy/meshy pale pink (my skin color
3.gif
lol) boyshorts. Those didn''t show through, thank goodness, because they were so sheer and thin.

hehehe I am so stealing that word *giggle*

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
My dress is very form fitting, so it holds the girls in pretty well. I won''t be wearing a bra with it. I will most likely wear spanks or something similar for help with smoothing everything.

So I realized the other day that I haven''t tried sitting down in my dress yet. I hope i can!

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/21/2009 2:14:31 AM
Author: PilsnPinkysMom
Blair: I can''t believe they wouldn''t fit you without a bra! I''ve never heard of such a thing... did they give you any other explanation?

I''m hoping to go bra-less, with or without sewn-in cups. I''m thinking just the sticky ''petal'' things will prevent any... ermm.. unwanted friction between me and the fabric. I''m also a small A... so there''s not much to support.

For the bottom: Spanx Higher Power!

Nope-no explanation...oh well, I lost some weight and my ta-ta''s seemed to have disappeared as well (which is way sadder when you realize that I didn''t hardly have any before
39.gif
)

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 8:41:06 PM
Author: Blair138
My Pronovias gown comes with an elastic ''corset'' in the dress, I just have to wear a bra and undies...I tried to get away with no bra (I have a small chest and the dress stays up because of the corset), but my shop told me I had to wear one
19.gif
or they wouldn''t fit me
20.gif

So just a strapless and undies for me!

Ditto to everything Blair138 said!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results