shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My jeweler opened up this week after 2 months so i went and had him set my round sapphire bought from a PSer into a preloved ebay HoF queen Anne setting. My jeweler wasn't surprised that my first contact with a shop other than the supermarket was him.:lol: i asked him to just pop it in for cheap but he retorted that I wouldn't settle for less than loupeable work, so it has been lasered and polished to look brand spankin new. As an aside, I AM taking distancing seriously,and aside from jewelers, plan to continue isolating for another month. But, ya know, they are essential services in my mind.
20200513_232519.jpg

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
My jeweler opened up this week after 2 months so i went and had him set my round sapphire bought from a PSer into a preloved ebay HoF queen Anne setting. My jeweler wasn't surprised that my first contact with a shop other than the supermarket was him.:lol: i asked him to just pop it in for cheap but he retorted that I wouldn't settle for less than loupeable work, so it has been lasered and polished to look brand spankin new. As an aside, I AM taking distancing seriously,and aside from jewelers, plan to continue isolating for another month. But, ya know, they are essential services in my mind.
20200513_232519.jpg

That is a beautiful stone and a gorgeous setting! I had been looking at that setting too. What a stunning ring!

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I had been looking at that setting too. What a stunning ring!

Thanks the stone fit perfectly; used settings for small stones don't pop up very often! I wonder how many times PSers unknowingly bid against each other in online auctions.

shelovesinclusions

Shiny_Rock
Today I'm wearing my close-fit elliptical moss in snow bangle (and probably for a week or so).
IMG_20200517_104848~3.jpg
As well, my blush sapphire. I moved it out of it's old yellow gold home and put it with these lime demantoid garnets. The sapphire is a really hard to capture king salmon shifting to deeper rosé wine color, and has chatoyant like inclusions at some angles. It can pick up flashes of faded eggplant and faint dijon yellow in natural light, and loses a lot of saturation in the sun. It also fluoresces red in one direction and almost orange marmalade in another. I love unusual colored stones, and this one is my favorite. The demantoids have some faint reddish brown wispy inclusions, and IRL it has this changing leaves impression. I've spent a lot of time looking at it, and the complexity fascinates me. Did I mention it's my favorite of the non-conventional ones I have?
pixlr.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wearing this Zuni cuff with my emerald ring today, headed out for a stroll. Featuring glue on nails! Hey, these actually stay on really well and look good, if anyone is looking for a temporary manicure option, I’m pleasantlysurprised. 4257100D-17FB-45DF-9B61-78C218BCBC6E.jpeg 14BE59DA-2085-4FE6-AED4-2443EE7508F6.jpeg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
8443BCE0-37E2-4E79-B44E-0C18E800B1CC.jpeg

this softly glowing jadeite bangle cheered me up today while I was trying to get my son to do his practice writing

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Feeling like silver today. It’s been very warm and the urge is something soothing and cooling. The bracelet was made by my grandmother, and this grape chalcedony is just funky and fun. 03F66A9A-F209-496C-B878-CCEA1D63C95A.jpeg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Feeling like silver today. It’s been very warm and the urge is something soothing and cooling. The bracelet was made by my grandmother, and this grape chalcedony is just funky and fun. 03F66A9A-F209-496C-B878-CCEA1D63C95A.jpeg

Wait, you've been here over three years, and we're just finding out that your GRANDMOTHER was a METALSMITH - and a damn good one by the looks of it?!!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wait, you've been here over three years, and we're just finding out that your GRANDMOTHER was a METALSMITH - and a damn good one by the looks of it?!!

She was! She studied jewelry making as a very young adult...saved money from summer jobs to buy supplies. Then later in life started again and really focused a lot on silversmithing with Native American themes themes. She was more complex/intricate/delicate in her early work, but became simpler, bolder with more pure lines in late life. This bracelet was a late life piece, sand cast. Here is her early life, senior project piece which she gave me. It’s high karat gold and tinypearls....I had this back frame attached so that the tiny wires don’t catch on clothing. She made many pieces, which have all dispersed in the family. I have a total of 3. I got my love for jewelry from her and my other grandmother. The love feels genetic. C6CFF4DE-4739-4FC6-954E-83EA63D5A9B2.jpeg 2FAE6080-EE20-408D-8D24-4B94C22F6C14.jpeg 91B333A4-CA03-475A-9857-E0F874481B83.jpeg

Last edited:

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm wearing my new red spinel ring from Daniel M. Here are a couple of pictures of it in good light!

There is also a lovely mauve colored spinel in the same shop that's about 7 mm, I'm tempted to get it and have it set to stack with this ring.

As usual, my apologies for my subpar photography skills, lol!

spinel ring 1.jpg spinel ring 2.jpg

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
And sometime I’d like to get earrings like these to go with it!
75013318-4485-4106-AC82-F3FD6E1C4790.jpeg

:love::love:

Maybe I ask how you clean them over the years? Are seed pearls kind of fragile to use warm soapy water to clean? I guess the high karat gold keeps well over time.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Warm, soapy water works fine. Seed pearls are pretty much all nacre. Their fragility Seems to come with excessive force in handling, during which they can crack around the drill holes and fall off.

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Warm, soapy water works fine. Seed pearls are pretty much all nacre. Their fragility Seems to come with excessive force in handling, during which they can crack around the drill holes and fall off.

Thanks. It's good to know that they could be clean generally.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She was! She studied jewelry making as a very young adult...saved money from summer jobs to buy supplies. Then later in life started again and really focused a lot on silversmithing with Native American themes themes. She was more complex/intricate/delicate in her early work, but became simpler, bolder with more pure lines in late life. This bracelet was a late life piece, sand cast. Here is her early life, senior project piece which she gave me. It’s high karat gold and tinypearls....I had this back frame attached so that the tiny wires don’t catch on clothing. She made many pieces, which have all dispersed in the family. I have a total of 3. I got my love for jewelry from her and my other grandmother. The love feels genetic. C6CFF4DE-4739-4FC6-954E-83EA63D5A9B2.jpeg 2FAE6080-EE20-408D-8D24-4B94C22F6C14.jpeg 91B333A4-CA03-475A-9857-E0F874481B83.jpeg

Wow, that is magnificent. I cannot imagine working with such delicate materials. I love the fact that you can see the arc of her artistry from an early, more intricate aesthetic, to more bold, elegant pieces later. I can understand that. As I get older, I want less and take greater pleasure in simpler spaces and designs. So lovely!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results