shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today? Pearl edition!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
My new to me Mikimoto Black South Sea Pearl Necklace!
Very slightly graduated from 8.2mm to 11mm with 1893 signature clasp.
17.5” length.
I honestly never paid attention to Tahitian pearls.
I don’t think I ever saw any before these crossed my path and I was enchanted.
Perfectly matched….I cannot get over how perfectly matched.
Silky and velvety with flashes of green and purple.
My new go-to!
Thank you for letting me share.
1B9253A3-0F57-485C-8D86-A08F6E72B3E6.jpeg
How fantastic for you, those are so round, so perfectly round. What a great strand!
You can dress up or down!

Three months ago, someone could've said "hanadama" to me and I would've responded "hana-what-a?" But then @ForteKitty finally sucked me in and now I have these amazing 9.5-10 PSL Hanadamas. Honestly I didn't think there'd be SUCH a big difference between these and the 8.5-9 Akoyas I had before but when I was stringing them last night I finally understood. They're just so perfect and so smooth and so shiny! :kiss2: damn you pearls, why must you be so amazing?
IMG_6555.jpg

Oh heavens, those are so beautiful on, and beautiful pearls!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I wore my detachable Tahitian pearl drops with my emerald cut diamond studs to a goddaughter’s birthday party. They have a regal feel to me ☺️ 4A138B22-C9B7-49A5-8E6C-4846183F10DB.jpeg

Such a perfect, classic look. I like the soft silvery tone of the pearls.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
I wonder if you can wear them with a higher saturation? I had some off white soft gold ombre pearls and I looked absolutely sick and washed out with them, but the deeper tones or saturations work okay. I love the gold pearls more than they love me :)
I rehomed the softer tones to my red-headed sister in law.

Oh, I missed this, somehow! I've purchased a couple strands hoping that the color would be like the photos, as in more saturated. Not much luck with it, so I decided to just. stop. while. I. was. slightly. ahead. :bigsmile:

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Most skins have a lot of yellow in them, which is why gold pearls can 'sink' in and get lost. And why blue pearls especially tend to zing.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I got some faceted 14k beads so I decided to restring the pale goldens I have.
871D3C49-91F1-4DCA-BBBD-2257ABA2B218.jpeg

I apparently do not move forward quickly, I am still ga-ga over this golden set on you. It is just perfect!
Three months ago, someone could've said "hanadama" to me and I would've responded "hana-what-a?" But then @ForteKitty finally sucked me in and now I have these amazing 9.5-10 PSL Hanadamas. Honestly I didn't think there'd be SUCH a big difference between these and the 8.5-9 Akoyas I had before but when I was stringing them last night I finally understood. They're just so perfect and so smooth and so shiny! :kiss2: damn you pearls, why must you be so amazing?
IMG_6555.jpg
Oh yes, and these too! :) oh heavens. I love pearls.

Most skins have a lot of yellow in them, which is why gold pearls can 'sink' in and get lost. And why blue pearls especially tend to zing.

Aha, this makes perfect sense! Thanks so much.

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Today just for a moment (before i hopped in the shower) with some diamond company and an old singlet i slept in
But note i have got the pearls under control today 20220531_103401.jpg

A 'shortener' will show multi strands who is the boss around your neck

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got some sandalwood beads and strung them onto elastic with my old Pearl Paradise 13.4mm WSS. Very clearly inspired by Paspaley's Kimberley collection, which also uses sandalwood - but I've adored sandalwood since I was a child (it's an Indian household staple).

I might add some beads of some sort to make it look less Paspaley-esque. I have to say I am LOVING this combo - glossy white pearl and rich dark wood are gorgeous together!!

WOOD2.png

WOOD3.png

WOOD1.png

Edit - both pearls are spherical, the wood beads are slightly ovoid but close enough ::)

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got some sandalwood beads and strung them onto elastic with my old Pearl Paradise 13.4mm WSS. Very clearly inspired by Paspaley's Kimberley collection, which also uses sandalwood - but I've adored sandalwood since I was a child (it's an Indian household staple).

I might add some beads of some sort to make it look less Paspaley-esque. I have to say I am LOVING this combo - glossy white pearl and rich dark wood are gorgeous together!!

WOOD2.png

WOOD3.png

WOOD1.png

Edit - both pearls are spherical, the wood beads are slightly ovoid but close enough ::)

never heard of them before
but you make it look gorgouse and i will judge all future sandalwood on this, my first impression :kiss2:

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock

WOOD2.png

WOOD3.png

WOOD1.png

This is so cool

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I love it Yssie. Years ago I used to make this sort of thing with wooden beads and an Edison pearl. I used Gold Spacers between the pearl and the wood. Those pearls are really pretty and I don't know that I'd put metal beads next to them and the area around the hole might scratch. However the are some Rondels that are concave and they might work nicely with the pearl snugging into the 'cave' . :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it Yssie. Years ago I used to make this sort of thing with wooden beads and an Edison pearl. I used Gold Spacers between the pearl and the wood. Those pearls are really pretty and I don't know that I'd put metal beads next to them and the area around the hole might scratch. However the are some Rondels that are concave and they might work nicely with the pearl snugging into the 'cave' . :)

I’ll have to look into concave gold beads, that’s a good thought! Thank you!!

I bought some grommets for those pearls, which would remove the metal rubbing concern, but the holes need to be widened a touch to use them and I haven’t yet found the gumption to do the drilling :twisted2: I’d be pretty pro #AvoidingIt :bigsmile:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’ll have to look into concave gold beads, that’s a good thought! Thank you!!

I bought some grommets for those pearls, which would remove the metal rubbing concern, but the holes need to be widened a touch to use them and I haven’t yet found the gumption to do the drilling :twisted2: I’d be pretty pro #AvoidingIt :bigsmile:

im watching with great interest @yssie
as i have my daisy necklace quietly sitting on the back burner - 9 silver & enamel daisies and pearls
the pearls i buy won't be anywhere near @yssie quality, and my daisies have huge holes so a knot isnt going to do squat
i had kind of desided to just buy extra pearls as spairs if the ones next to the daisies get too scratched up and sub them out as part of routine maintenance / restringing

anyway
please carry on
with lots of pictures

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
im watching with great interest @yssie
as i have my daisy necklace quietly sitting on the back burner - 9 silver & enamel daisies and pearls
the pearls i buy won't be anywhere near @yssie quality, and my daisies have huge holes so a knot isnt going to do squat
i had kind of desided to just buy extra pearls as spairs if the ones next to the daisies get too scratched up and sub them out as part of routine maintenance / restringing

anyway
please carry on
with lots of pictures

Having different drill hole sizes is super annoying! I got lucky, there’s only about half a mm difference between the wood and the pearls!!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I just got these 13.5mm WSS drops from Ocean Rhyme today. I had it in my head that I wanted some massive tear shaped WSS so I could make some “Girl With the Pearl Earring” drops, and realized it’s gonna be super hard to get exactly what I want, so these are scratching the itch until then. They’re really lovely and Julia was prompt and amazing as usual. BF1E8FF6-6987-400E-831D-DFE4DCE92E01.jpeg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is fortunate Yssis as beads often have large drill holes....

The pearls were originally drilled with 1mm holes - I had them redrilled to 1.6mm a few months ago. You’re totally right, no way they’d have matched in their original form :bigsmile:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade

WOOD2.png

WOOD3.png

WOOD1.png

This is absolutely stunning!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This thread relaxes me at night. Can we all post more? I know you’re all wearing pearls right now.

Here’s my pearl-of-the-day. From the ever lovely Takahashi 535D4B13-282F-4564-8D82-172F729C1797.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
This thread relaxes me at night. Can we all post more? I know you’re all wearing pearls right now.

Here’s my pearl-of-the-day. From the ever lovely Takahashi 535D4B13-282F-4564-8D82-172F729C1797.jpeg

oh i love an ombre
those are really beautiful

yes i love these kind of threads too

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results