shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today? Pearl edition!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is me with no neck and no chin
I had to give my original piercing a break
ive had them pierced for over 25 years but they did not enjoy wearing screw backs
I just love these dangles that came via some PSer pear peeps
i wanted to put Andrew's studs in too but my ears needed a day off
the gold top pair are from Gary many years ago
I told them id like them for my birthday and he wrote me a check
As i was just going to work i realizes my gold necklase and pendants are too dressy so i wore mum's tiger eye my sister rejected

20210430_225350.jpg

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
The length is kind of inbetween right now, I'm going add in the rest of the loose pearls and see if 27" sits better on me.

This is today's wrist stack. Still need to remove one pearl from each bracelet because they keep sliding all over my forearm and the clacking makes me anxious.

20210422_091703.jpg

Looking thru all the beautiful pics here! I have a question that has been bugging me, but it looks like this picture just answered it. I'm assuming it's safe to stack pearls? What about stacking a pearl bracelet against a gold bracelet?

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Looking thru all the beautiful pics here! I have a question that has been bugging me, but it looks like this picture just answered it. I'm assuming it's safe to stack pearls? What about stacking a pearl bracelet against a gold bracelet?

I am still paranoid! Walked around with my arm parallel to the floor and there was minimal clacking... then promptly removed one after the pictures. It's supposed to be fine to stack pearls together, but I can't get past the paranoia. Definitely wouldn't stack with gold though.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Speaking of paranoid, I just put this together. I bought two bracelet strands and harvested the most metallic coppery pink/mauve/purples into a single strand. (no pics, had to re-string because it was too long) These are the leftovers, mixed with some gold filled/vermeil beads and a vermeil magnetic clasp. I'm too lazy to deal with real clasps. When open, it looks most ombre. Think I need to mix up the gold beads a bit more because they tend to line up next to each other when worn even though they aren't placed symmetrically.

fw double 3.jpg
fw double 4.jpg
fw double 6.jpg
fw double 5.jpg
fw double 2.jpg
fw double 1.jpg
fw double 8.jpg
fw double 7.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am still paranoid! Walked around with my arm parallel to the floor and there was minimal clacking... then promptly removed one after the pictures. It's supposed to be fine to stack pearls together, but I can't get past the paranoia. Definitely wouldn't stack with gold though.
:lol:

I feel like it’s one of those things that technically, yeah, not stacking is better than stacking, but the damage you do is sooooo minimal compared to how much you might enjoy wearing them together...

I mostly only use flat gold ball clasps without a ton of texture, though. I do worry about gold filigree or non-burnished diamonds rubbing nacre all day long - that seems much more damaging! My two GSS strands are the only two that have textured clasps and I won’t wear them with other valuable pearls.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Speaking of paranoid, I just put this together. I bought two bracelet strands and harvested the most metallic coppery pink/mauve/purples into a single strand. (no pics, had to re-string because it was too long) These are the leftovers, mixed with some gold filled/vermeil beads and a vermeil magnetic clasp. I'm too lazy to deal with real clasps. When open, it looks most ombre. Think I need to mix up the gold beads a bit more because they tend to line up next to each other when worn even though they aren't placed symmetrically.

fw double 3.jpg
fw double 4.jpg
fw double 6.jpg
fw double 5.jpg
fw double 2.jpg
fw double 1.jpg
fw double 8.jpg
fw double 7.jpg

That's a rather lovelly creation especially from left overs !
I must say i like the ombre
Do they fit as a choker ?

One day im going to change everything i own to a magnetic clasp !
I only have one on a fabulous fashion type pendent of a stone i can't remember
it is a joy to wear !!!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmmmm its only just 5.30 here
If its this dark why didn't the stupid flash work !
Anyway i was all dressed up with nowhere to go
we were going off to the shops to buy a new microwave but it was awfully bright for Gary's eyes so we stayed home

Now only grandma's brooch is left of my finery
1619933266078786219127.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
B3D7B6CC-196E-447A-930C-3467A8134952.jpeg 368112F8-F97E-49A9-8824-7D94276BA9C7.jpeg
My baroque pear strand. The clasp is an ebony ball that is removable and can be changed for a baroque pear clasp for an ‘endless’ look.

This size looks great on you! Can I ask how big the pearls are?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!!! I bought it many years ago and to be honest I need to check the size. About 13 mm I would guess?

I actually prefer high luster baroques to rounds in bigger sizes. The shapes are just more interesting to me. It certainly makes it easier on my wallet.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually prefer high luster baroques to rounds in bigger sizes. The shapes are just more interesting to me. It certainly makes it easier on my wallet.

I agree! I find baroques very natural and elegant. Would love to own a long strand with big baroques or Tahitians.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree! I find baroques very natural and elegant. Would love to own a long strand with big baroques or Tahitians.

Yes! You absolutely should.
I found it hard to find a commercial medley strand I liked so ended up buying separate bracelets and necklaces and combining them (it’s what my cat is wearing in my avatar). Super fun to wear and I get a lot of complements on it since it’s unusual. You would rock a long Tahitian strand.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! You absolutely should.
I found it hard to find a commercial medley strand I liked so ended up buying separate bracelets and necklaces and combining them (it’s what my cat is wearing in my avatar). Super fun to wear and I get a lot of complements on it since it’s unusual. You would rock a long Tahitian strand.

That looks great on your cat
What a super luxurious strand. Do you have a thread for that piece? Would love to see more pics

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks great on your cat
What a super luxurious strand. Do you have a thread for that piece? Would love to see more pics

It was a super fun project and I’m happy with my 3 piece set that lets me wear them in different ways and lengths. It’s a very impactful look at a fraction of what I’d spend on anything diamond haha.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
F76E7A77-F318-40F7-B03E-C07300E23F18.jpeg DBD32F0A-8223-481C-9A5A-8D4A0850D54C.jpeg 5B844F93-6922-475C-BAD4-AF5855C90CBB.jpeg
Wearing my Tahitian pearl strand today. I have 3 pearl strands in total: the white South Sea pearls, the white Baroque strand and the Thahitian pearls.
I am sooooo inspired by the harvest strand that @MakingTheGrade created and I love the combo with blue Akoya’s. Perhaps I will have a shopping spree next year

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
F76E7A77-F318-40F7-B03E-C07300E23F18.jpeg DBD32F0A-8223-481C-9A5A-8D4A0850D54C.jpeg 5B844F93-6922-475C-BAD4-AF5855C90CBB.jpeg
Wearing my Tahitian pearl strand today. I have 3 pearl strands in total: the white South Sea pearls, the white Baroque strand and the Thahitian pearls.
I am sooooo inspired by the harvest strand that @MakingTheGrade created and I love the combo with blue Akoya’s. Perhaps I will have a shopping spree next year

I actually have some blue akoya extras I can list on LT if you’re interested. I’m too lazy to generally list things these days but can if it’s helpful

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually have some blue akoya extras I can list on LT if you’re interested. I’m too lazy to generally list things these days but can if it’s helpful

Oooh, sounds very tempting. This was actually intended as a long term project, but would love to see your loose pearls and pricing

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure, here’s a link to the thread when I got the strand.

Doing the math it comes out to 22$/pearl

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure, here’s a link to the thread when I got the strand.

Doing the math it comes out to 22$/pearl

Loooove these! Looking forward to see these on LT❤️
How many loose blue pearls in total?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Oh those are lovelly
:appl: :appl: :appl:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
It was raining today
its winter (almost) and we live on the west coast so we get rain
i like to make wet days pearl days
im having trouble loading photos but i wore mum's earings today
I thought they would enjoy the walk to work

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
So yesterday we went to Palmerston north to visit the hospital for Gary's annual sarcadosis check (he is doing ok)
I was @Lisa Loves Shiny 's twin in my blue FW baroques with my pink FW studs from the mall
i like the soft pink with the subtlety of the blue necklase
And i dyed all the grey out the other day !
20210518_173232.jpg 20210518_173159.jpg 20210518_173135.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loooove these! Looking forward to see these on LT❤️
How many loose blue pearls in total?

They’re up and there’s 17 total for now (there’s lots of interest in the tincup)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results