shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing to your engagement party?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Girls-best-friend

Shiny_Rock
Here is a style I am considering. I know its a wedding gown but I can just envision it in black.

What do you think?

What are you thinking of wearing?

35.gif

gabor.jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
i really like that maggie gown. Would you have it made in black with all the lace and everything? I can''t really picture that lace being black. It would be VERY formal for an engagement party.. but its beautiful.

I still don''t know if I''m having an engagement party. I asked my parents to have one for me.. they don''t want to.. so my sister might.

JKohio

Rough_Rock
WOW! That''s an incredible dress!
23.gif
It would be perfect for a very formal engagement party, if that''s what you have in mind. We didn''t have an engagement party & I''m very glad. 7 months is barely enough time to plan a wedding, let alone squeeze in an extra party & our schedules are hectic enough as it is.
3.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
That dress i gorgeous... what kind of engagement party are you going ot have?

I just had an engagement dinner (v small w/just family, about 16 ppl) and I wore a pink 3/4 sleeve top w/some beading on the shoulder and a pair of formal black slacks, both from ann taylor.

Originally I had wanted to find a nice semiformal holiday dress but couldnt find one I liked, it was very diappointing!

I was thinking of hosting an engagement party at my place sometime this spring for my friends though, dunnos yet.

Good luck finding a dress!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
How about this one for what you are thinking about? I love this dress, but too bad I can''t wear it as my evening gown for my reception because black for wedding is a nono in Chinese culture (my future mother and father in-laws would die if I wear it). I did see one in red before, but I couldn''t find it anymore. It has similar lines to my wedding gown, so maybe I should look for something that is a little bit different instead.

eveninggown.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock

Wow that''s formal!!!

I actually didn''t have one. I just think that the engagement party , the bridal shower, the wedding...i.e., give me lots of gifts, it''s enough already. But that''s just my 2 cents.

Girls-best-friend

Shiny_Rock

Would you have it made in black with all the lace and everything?

My sister can sew, so it will be realtively easy to duplicate. Yup I plan on doing the whole thing in black lace and all.

WOW! That''s an incredible dress! It would be perfect for a very formal engagement party, if that''s what you have in mind. We didn''t have an engagement party & I''m very glad. 7 months is barely enough time to plan a wedding, let alone squeeze in an extra party & our schedules are hectic enough as it is.

Wow is just what I said when I firs saw it. It was one of my possibles for wedding gowns but then I found "THE ONE". If I hadn''t really wanted a ballgown style for the wedding this would have been it. I don''t blame you on not having an engagment party 7 months not a very long time to get it all done in.

That dress i gorgeous... what kind of engagement party are you going ot have?

Very formal black tie! His mom is hosting the party and suggested it be black tie. I am so boring I figured I would finally do something different and said sure besides it would give me the chance to wear that amazing gown.

I was thinking of hosting an engagement party at my place sometime this spring for my friends though, dunnos yet.

Good luck finding a dress!

I think you should go for it. FH has been teaching me we only go around once we might as well stick some new things into our lives.

How about this one for what you are thinking about? I love this dress, but too bad I can''t wear it as my evening gown for my reception because black for wedding is a nono in Chinese culture (my future mother and father in-laws would die if I wear it).

Oooo that is a beautiful one! Could you maybe have it made in the color you want?

actually didn''t have one. I just think that the engagement party , the bridal shower, the wedding...i.e., give me lots of gifts, it''s enough already. But that''s just my 2 cents.

Gifts are given at an engagment party? I know they are at the bridal shower. We are having it because there are still some family members whom we haven''t had the chance to meet yet like aunts and uncles cousing etc. on both sides. Also were just really happy about the
engagement and want to celebrate our love.

35.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
HELL YA they give you gifts!!!!
3.gif
LOL.... It's totally rude not to....You honestly don't think people give gifts at a black tie engagement party???
23.gif
You could always put "no gifts please" on the invites!

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
I''m with MMM on this - but it''s just my opinion. I''m not having an engagement party because I don''t want more attention on me, nor do I want people to have to buy me gifts. I''m even thinking of having a ''no-gifts'' shower (my mom''s friend is insiting on throwing me a shower).

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t realize that gifts were given for engagements until I had received a few gifts from family (one from his dad and one from his aunt) and one of my cousins asked whether I was registered. At first I was like, registered? We don''t even have a date yet- and she said, no registered for your engagement! I was totally shocked- apparently one of her friends had registered at tiffanys and her bank(so you could transfer money to her!!) for her engagement. Maybe I''m totally out of it, but I was completely floored. I would imagine the customs would be very different depending on where you''re from, the type of party, and the general precedent set by other friends and family... I certainly didn''t expect gifts at all, and to me engagement parties are just a fun event and an excuse to get together to celebrate!
1.gif

In any case, I had a wonderful engagement dinner hosted by my parents and I loved it! IMHO, if someone is thoughtful enough to host something in my honor, I am glad to go! (and even if I''m not, I probably don''t have much of a choice, esp if it''s mom and dad!) Although, ours was a very small dinner, only 2 tables. Plus, my mom made it clear no gifts were necessary, and that was nice, so no one felt uncomfortable.(if someone gave a gift and others didn''t kind of thing) I just wanted to spend time with my family and it was a great way to get everyone together and EAT!
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

Girls-best-friend

Shiny_Rock
I didn't know gift were given, I will have FMIL put on the invite no gifts. Glad I found out about it before hand.

I'm not having an engagement party because I don't want more attention on me,

We don't look as it as attention on us but a celebration of how we feel about each other. Love is a beautiful thing and even more so when you find someone to share it with. This will also give us the opportunity to meet some of the family members we haven't met yet. When its family which we include in that the few friends we are inviting then its really all about sharing happiness not getting attention. Not everyone invited to the wedding is coming to the engagement party. If someone doesn't want a party then I wouldn't try to force them to have one.

I was totally shocked- apparently one of her friends had registered at tiffanys and her bank(so you could transfer money to her!!) for her engagement. Maybe I'm totally out of it, but I was completely floored.

You can register at your bank, OK NOW I've heard everything
23.gif
I have never heard of an engagement registry.
33.gif

I just wanted to spend time with my family and it was a great way to get everyone together and EAT!

I agree

35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results