shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you including in your ceremony and where?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

candctroll

Rough_Rock

Okay girls as the title says "What are you including in your ceremony and where?"

Are you having passages or poems read? Are you having someone sing? Are you doing a unity candle (or something similar?) What all are you going to have at the ceremony?

Thanks in advance!

E B

Ideal_Rock
We haven''t completely planned it yet, but we''re going to keep it short and simple. I''d like to include a poem or a passage first, followed by some really sweet vows I found that aren''t the typical religious "in sickness or in health".

We''re also going to have a string trio playing some of our favorite songs before and after. I love hearing beautiful strings playing more contemporary music.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
We''re mixing up some things from both of our traditions (FI is catholic and I''m jewish). We''re having a unity candle as well as the breaking of the glass. We''re going to say very traditional vows since neither of us feels comfortable writing our own and reciting them infront of everyone. We''re having FI''s nieces read "the blessing of the hands." We have a friend who used to joke about how he wanted to sing at our wedding when we got married way before we were even thinking about getting married (possibly before we were even dating!) so I''m thinking about asking him to sing something. He has an amazing voice and is one of the best men.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Our is going to be super short. We''re going to walk in, the officiant is going to read a few Bible verses, we are doing our rings, our vows, and that''s about it. No solos, no unity candles, no readings by family members, no awkward moments of everyone staring at us while we stand there and a song is played, no nothing. I have had 2 friends who have done almost the same thing, and it was short, and VERY sweet. No one had time to get bored or anything.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
We''re going to adapt the ceremony and vows that my dad wrote for my parents'' wedding. It is based on the writings of Dietrich Bonhoeffer, German theologian who was executed in 1945 for attempting to assassinate Hitler. It''s mostly a reading by the officiant about secular love and diety, then ends with the traditional vows. It''s not too long, though.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
We''re pretty much going with what the minister suggested, which seems pretty normal other than the occasional hawaiian bits. The main things we added were the Apache Wedding blessing and the traditional repeated vows in addition to the ministers own brand of I do vows. Part of the minister''s ceremony includes a wine unity bit right before the vows.
I was very happy that the minister''s predone stuff so closely fit with the feel we wanted. Just one less worry off of our minds.
5.gif

sarie_j

Shiny_Rock
I hate being the center of attention - I know, it''s my wedding day and I won''t be able to help it - but we''re having it very short and sweet, just the standard ceremony and a reading one of my friends is doing - Around here pretty much everyone goes with the standard, I''ve never even seen a unity candle or any of the other things people are talking about --

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results