shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you doing for Valentine''s Day?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tickintime

Rough_Rock
Question:

What should I do if I am in love with this bangle, yet think I was seriously ripped off?
I paid an even grand for it. The tag said 2160, but I know that means nothing. I was so determined to get her something for her wrist (we are building up to the finger), that I was definitely blind.

What would you pay? I ask because looking at the price of the WF ACA Shared Prong bangle with 1cttw, I feel uneasy as I have a lot of metal and not much sparklers...

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/25/2008 2:11:20 AM
Author: Harleigh

Date: 1/24/2008 2:12:25 AM
Author: monarch64
fingers crossed for you Harleigh!!! It''s hard enough to keep a surprise from your guy, too bad your weather isn''t cooperating. I hope you are able to find the CD!
Thanks, monnie! I have been glued to the news and weather channel, but neither seem to be able to make up their minds, so I''m just going to pray it all works out in our favor. We are both in need of some together time away from all of the hustle and bustle of our everyday lives!

Good news is, I didn''t find her new CD as I figured out it''s not out yet, but I did find her Greatest Hits with 16 songs on it for $6.88 at Wal-Mart! (Good thing Rusty loves me for being so frugal, huh?)

Thank you for the well wishes! I''m going to go try to sprinkle some PS Weather Fairy Dust outside in the morning and see where that gets me!

Have a great night!
*Sprinkes some PS Weather Fairy Dust*

Your plan sounds wonderful - I hope the weather gods cooperate. Enjoy!!

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/25/2008 9:48:37 AM
Author: tickintime
So, I don''t think this was restricted to one sex or poker, so I am going to add my 2cents! This will be our first Valentine''s Day and given that I love spoiling her, I may be going over board...

I am going to be leaving this with the restaurant before we get there with a single rose in a clear vase. I will tell them to have this around the vase as though it was a decoration.

The restaurant of choice is Moshulu Unless someone can think of somewhere else
9.gif
9.gif
. We will be staying at Sofitel.

Moshulu

Sofitel
I''ve never eaten at the Moshulu but have heard good things about it (and it''s on my list of Philly area restaurants to try at some point). The bangle is beautiful - I think she''ll love it. Enjoy your v-day!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2008 1:56:37 PM
Author: tickintime
Question:

What should I do if I am in love with this bangle, yet think I was seriously ripped off?

I paid an even grand for it. The tag said 2160, but I know that means nothing. I was so determined to get her something for her wrist (we are building up to the finger), that I was definitely blind.

What would you pay? I ask because looking at the price of the WF ACA Shared Prong bangle with 1cttw, I feel uneasy as I have a lot of metal and not much sparklers...
Did you buy it in a B&M jewelry store? If you aren't 100% happy with it, would you be able to return it? If not, it probably isn't best to agonize over it, especially if you can't do anything about it and you're in love with it as you say. Just my two cents though--there are many more, far more knowledgeable folks here than I, so don't take my word for it, please!
3.gif

To answer the original post, on the 14th, I'll be at grad school doing work and J will be at home, 200 miles north of me, so we aren't doing anything at all on the day specifically. But the week before I'm going up to visit, and we've got plans to go out for a nice dinner, which is all I really want to do. He'd talked about getting me a big present (a new digital camera!!!), but I told him to just save that for my birthday in March (also because I'm 99% sure he hadn't thought ahead to what he'd get me for my birthday and we don't have much money so we can't do two big presents two months in a row). So I'm quite happy with my Valentine's Day plans, such as they are!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results