carat
color
clarity

What are you doing for the honeymoon?

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Hi Brides,

What are your honeymoon plans?

I'm still figuring it out, but it looks like we might go on an Alaskan Cruise. I also wanted to go to Disneyland, or Hawaii, but at this point the cruise looks like the cheapest option. (OMG everything is so expensive!)

I've heard that going on the honeymoon right after the wedding is important for destressing and that it doesn't feel as much like a honeymoon if you wait, so we'll probably go the day after the wedding.

Any bargain honeymoon tips?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
When is your wedding? A lot of the pricing of vacations depends on what time of the year you are doing. For summer (since Alaska is an option for you I'm assuming summer) I would call a travel agent (Costco and Amex have some great ones) and ask them what is a good buy for your time of the year.

BTW, we waited 3 years for ours but picked a very romantic Hawaiian resort on Kauai and told them it was our honeymoon. And it felt like a honeymoon. They comped us a romantic cabana, gave us champagne, and a bunch of other amenities. We made reservations at the on property romantic restaurants and told them it was our honeymoon, and they made extra effort for us. It was lovely.

February, Kauai and the Grand Hyatt there was fabulous for us. And cheap in comparison to their normal prices (February was off season).

Whether or not it 'feels' like honeymoon is all about your mindset. Because you can control how you feel. If you want to take a few days off to unwind after the wedding but delay your honeymoon trip for a while-- there's nothing that says you can't.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would go to a travel agent and tell her when you wanted to go away and ask for input as to which places ate priced well that time of year... You might get ideas and find someplace to go you otherwise might not hVe thought of..,

atp223

Shiny_Rock
We're getting married in a city we don't leave in, so we're going to have to take a few days off for the wedding itself. We want to go to Bora Bora and New Zealand for 2/2.5 weeks for the honeymoon, though, and if we went right after the wedding we probably couldn't be away from work for hat long consecutively. So we are thinking about getting back to work, re-clearing our dockets, and going maybe a month after the wedding.

One of my good friend's wedding and honeymoon were thwarted by Hurricane Irene, and she was forced to (1) have her wedding on fri rather than sat, and (2) had to postpone her honeymoon. So after the wedding, they had no choice but to chill out and wait for a few days - she said it was amazing, bc they got to hang out with everyone and recap the wedding, and rest up, go back to work, and then go after all the craziness was over...

I definitely want to be relaxed when I leave for the honeymoon, and don't want to be stressed about work at all! But if you can get away right after the wedding, I think that would be fun too!

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
We are staying in a cabin in the mountains for a couple days after the wedding. We were not going to take a honeymoon, but we had friends recommend that we go somewhere at least for a couple of days to unwind. We did a cruise last November that was planned before we got engaged, so another big vacation is not really in the cards at this point. Besides, we would rather take a beach vacation in the fall/winter when it is cold where we live, so we will likely take another cruise in Dec 12/Jan 13 and call it our honeymoon. :)

getting excited

Shiny_Rock
I heard the Alaskan cruise is amazing!!!

We are spending 9 days in the French Poynesia between Moorea and Bora Bora. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh I can't wait!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are spending 15 days in British Columbia. We have a week gifted to us at a very nice resort on Vancouver Island and we're staying 2 nights before the resort stay in Tofino at a B&B to do whale watching/hot springs waterfall tour. Then after the resort we are spending 2 days in the city of Vancouver (checking out everything there) and 3 days in the Whistler area to check out the beautiful Canadian rockies (at the Delta there-yay for having friends with hook up's!) before heading home. I'll be 6 months pregnant on our trip but oh well! I'll still be hiking like a crazy person and swimming in the ocean.

If I could leave the country we probably would have gone else where but to be honest-I'm really glad we're going to BC. I've heard nothing but WONDERFUL things about alaska though and I highly recommend going if you can since I've seen pictures and it's BEAUTIFUL!!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
All those honeymoons sound amazing!
As it turns out my mom is giving us the Alaskan cruise as our wedding gift :love: :love: :love: My mom is the best!

Vintagelover229 - it's funny that you should mention honeymooning in BC - yes BC is quite gorgeous - I live there :sun:
I'm sure you're going to love Tofino and Vancouver is very interesting in a big-city way, and Whistler will give you a lovely view of the Coast mountains (whistler can be a bit expensive and pretentious - but don't take it personaly)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results