shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you doing for Save-The-Dates?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
And when are you sending them out?

I''m trying to figure out when to schedule an engagement session, if I should use an e-pic for the STD''s, and if they''ll even be ready early enough to use.

Most of our guests are traveling from out of town, so they should probably receive their STD''s at least 6 mths in advance?

How''s this for a time-line? Engagement Session in March (7 mths in advance) and mail out STDs in April (6 mths in advance).

Another option is taking our own pictures and sending them out in March. I love the photo-booth idea...

stdphotoboothidea.jpg

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, that guy looks a bit creepy. Here''s a better one...

stdmagnetsidoc.jpg

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
we DIY''d our save the dates and they came out awesome. FI went to art school so I put him to work. i''ll post a pic of it when i get home.

but, i sent them out last week and my wedding is 7/31. hope that helps.

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sending out my Save the Dates as soon as I get addresses from my mom and dad for their guests. We have a lot of out of town folks and I want to make sure they have enough time to prepare to travel if they need to.

mz_save_the_date.gif

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Can''t wait to see yours, Marlie!

ts44 -- can I just say that I am IN LOVE with your STDs???
30.gif
A few elements in our wedding will include a bird motif (card holder will be a bird cage, cake topper will be birds). I love the vintage feel it gives to a wedding. Did you make your own STD''s or did you have them done? More details pretty pretty please!!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2010 10:55:38 AM
Author: idreamofcushions

30.gif
A few elements in our wedding will include a bird motif (card holder will be a bird cage, cake topper will be birds). I love the vintage feel it gives to a wedding. Did you make your own STD''s or did you have them done? More details pretty pretty please!!

Didn''t know if ts44 would be on this weekend, so here''s here thread on her Save The Dates: LINKY!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
I think if more than 50% of the guests are from OOT, it''s worth it to send them earlier than later. Our wedding is in October and everyone is from OOT - we plan to send ours on Tuesday. (I think no mail Monday?)

We just went and bought our STD materials today. I took graphic arts in undergrad so I designed them myself and we''ll be putting them together this weekend. Will take photos and post later tomorrow.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
That's SUCH a cute idea!!! Here are ours. I got them from Taylor's Paperie on etsy. She is INCREDIBLE!!!! I just placed my invite order with her for the same invites.

ergrehyesfdsfdsfdsfsdf.jpg

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/16/2010 4:40:42 PM
Author: vc10um
Date: 1/15/2010 10:55:38 AM

Author: idreamofcushions

30.gif

Didn''t know if ts44 would be on this weekend, so here''s here thread on her Save The Dates: LINKY!

Thanks vc10um!
35.gif
I love them ridiculously - but now I have to find invites that I love as much! Because they''re all hand-stamped, I doubt the same etsy seller would be willing to do 250 matching invites with reception cards and envelopes. Her hand might fall off!
6.gif

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
These are ours, going out Tues!!!!

savethedatesrda.jpg

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
We just sent ours out before the holidays. Basically 9 months before the wedding.

photostdlifsof.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results