shape
carat
color
clarity

what are you all doing with your nails?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beltane

Shiny_Rock
I''m stumped as to what to do with my nails for the wedding. I normally just wear my nails natural because I work with my hands in a lot of water all day (I''m a hairstylist) and so I find that short and au naturel is more functional.

However, my nails are short and ugly.

I am tempted to have some gel nails put on for the wedding... but I just know I am going to want them OFF right away afterwards... which means: ugly ridges on the nail bed that takes forever to grow out.

Ugh.

Do you all have fake nails on? Do any of you have ugly little stubby nails and daring to wear them as-is?

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
If you haven''t already, you may want to try soft gel instead of hard gel nails. OPI makes a version now with lots of their most popular colors.

Otherwise, I always thought that Essie nail polish in Mademoiselle looks very nice on short nails. It give them just a hint of glow.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
My plan is to try to grow my nails out for the wedding using OPI Nail Envy. If they''re long enough, I''m going to have a french manicure (not fake nails). If they''re not long enough, I''m going to use a pale pink color like OPI''s "Privacy Please."

I like the way my hands look with acrylic nails, but they''re just soooo damaging. I tearing them off. Ouch!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I''m going to do something called Light Concept Nails which are a very good, sturdy natural looking alternative to acrylics. I normally wear acrylics, but took them off since I want my nails to get stronger before the wedding to the LCN. I''m actually planning on doing an American manicure as I want something uber natural.

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been working very hard to keep my nails strong and healthy. They look pretty good now (wedding is in 6 days). I''m going to get a manicure with French tips painted on, but NO fake nails. I will NEVER get fake nails again. They look pretty, but they hurt and ruin your real nails for months afterwards.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/11/2010 12:51:58 PM
Author: princessplease
I''m going to do something called Light Concept Nails which are a very good, sturdy natural looking alternative to acrylics. I normally wear acrylics, but took them off since I want my nails to get stronger before the wedding to the LCN. I''m actually planning on doing an American manicure as I want something uber natural.

Princess, I''d never heard of an "American manicure" so I googled it. I love the idea of a paler, more natural looking french manicure. That''s kind of exactly what I want to do for my bridal nails! I had no idea there was a name for it!

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
I plan on growing my nails out and getting a french manicure :)

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
I just started doing my nails again because I wanted to try out a couple looks before my wedding. I usually go several months with overlay then let my nails breath for several months. My nails grow pretty fast so right now I have gel over them with a french manicure. They also put a thin layer of gel on top of the nail to keep the french manicure looking nice and shiny.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results