shape
carat
color
clarity

What are Maggies made of??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Okay, weird question I know
31.gif

Are they real silk etc or are they polyester/synthetic?

I haven''t managed to go and ''feel the quality'' yet - they look so good in the photos though I can''t believe that they''re not natural fibre.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Mine is satin, so, synthetic.

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
My Maggie is satin, I''m assuming polyester satin versus silk.
With that said, polyester satins can be high quality, and low quality.

Here''s a linky to a satin question re. the difference btw an 8.99/yd satin and the pricier ones.
Fabric Q&A

Only because I was curious myself.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
So, I''m guessing the cheap satin is like what those halloween costumes and my high school graduation gown were made out of? blegh. Maggie''s satin is definitely much nicer than that.

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
I agree!
of course mine is taking so long to come in that I almost forgot what it felt like.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Thanks!

I keep looking at what they saw but it just has : satin, chiffon, lace etc

So, is it silk satin, silk chiffon etc - I guess I''m just going to have to go and check them out in person. The only dresses I''ve seen that state that they are silk are about $6k
23.gif

I''m also intrigued re undergarments.

I''ve been looking at lots of these real bride sections and everyone seems to have really flat stomachs and no bits sticking out in the wrong places even when they are a bigger size.

I''m 5'' 11", 66kg and a UK size 12 - I''m also 34 and gravity is starting to have its way
38.gif
and I could do with a bit of help in the right places! I have bought those Bridget Jones knickers for some events - they were okay, but a bit uncomfortable after a couple of hours and the photos still didn''t look totally flat. I''ve also tried those corset things but all the boning seems to stick out and you can see it through the dresses (ball dresses rather than wedding dresses).

Are all these girls suffering for hours in super tight knickers, do you have amazing undergarments in the States? Do you need these to try on the dresses with - if they exist??

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/3/2007 6:37:47 PM
Author: Pandora II
Thanks!

So, is it silk satin, silk chiffon etc - I guess I''m just going to have to go and check them out in person. The only dresses I''ve seen that state that they are silk are about $6k
23.gif

I''ve been looking at lots of these real bride sections and everyone seems to have really flat stomachs and no bits sticking out in the wrong places even when they are a bigger size.

I''m 5'' 11'', 66kg and a UK size 12 - I''m also 34 and gravity is starting to have its way
38.gif
and I could do with a bit of help in the right places! I have bought those Bridget Jones knickers for some events - they were okay, but a bit uncomfortable after a couple of hours and the photos still didn''t look totally flat. I''ve also tried those corset things but all the boning seems to stick out and you can see it through the dresses (ball dresses rather than wedding dresses).

Are all these girls suffering for hours in super tight knickers, do you have amazing undergarments in the States? Do you need these to try on the dresses with - if they exist??
Spanx? They give a nice smooth tummy

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/3/2007 6:37:47 PM
Author: Pandora II
Thanks!

23.gif

I''m 5'' 11'', 66kg and a UK size 12 - I''m also 34 and gravity is starting to have its way
38.gif

I think Maggie gowns have the most fantastic construction in general. There is no way my strapless gown will slide down. And I don''t need a bra underneath at all. I think you should try one on and see what you think :)

rms

Brilliant_Rock
the great thing about Maggie corset style dresses is that undergarments are really not needed...the dress seems to do the trick all on its own. At least, that was my experience
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results