shape
carat
color
clarity

What an AWESOME find

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Island Gurl

Rough_Rock
HI All,

This is an awesome website. My brother has sent me on a mission to find a diamond ring for his finace to be. Yes, I am doing his dirty work. Can you believe the nerve. LOL He is going to owe me big time for putting me in charge of this project. There is a lot to read and A LOT to know. I am not sure where to begin. He is still in the beginning stages. He can''t even decide whether to get her a princess or a round diamond. He''s thinking maybe around a carat....ish. Any opinions on which one would be nicer...more beautiful. He wants to knock her socks. I would greatly appreciate your feedback. This site might become addicting.....
wavey.gif

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome!
wavey.gif

You can't beat a round brilliant for light performance.

Ask us some questions, and you will get answers.

Good luck - how many months do you have?

Regards,

clementine

Shiny_Rock
I started looking at princess cuts and ended up with a round brilliant that just arrived today - YEA! You wouldn't believe how it sparkles - it's really amazing! I never saw any of the princess diamonds that I looked at, sparkle the way my new round does.

Have fun, ask questions, and take your time!

Good luck!
2.gif

shelbyscout

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 5/13/2003 7:57:32 PM Island Gurl wrote:

He can't even decide whether to get her a princess or a round diamond. He's thinking maybe around a carat....ish. Any opinions on which one would be nicer...more beautiful. He wants to knock her socks. I would greatly appreciate your feedback. This site might become addicting.....
wavey.gif

----------------

I would try to ascertain from her whether she'd prefer a princess or a round. A diamond is a very personal thing and she probably has something in mind already.

That said, I prefer rounds. He should get what I like. Ha ha
1.gif

Princess and rounds are two very different looks. A well cut round will be more sparkly and be more "wow, look at that fire and brilliance" than a princess. On the other hand, a princess of the same carat weight will be larger and have a "wow, look at how big that sucker is" effect.

The main, determining question is: how much does he want to spend?

Shelby
read.gif

Island Gurl

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for the welcome mat. I guess I am gonna have to find out which one she really wants. This is suppose to be a surprise. These next few months are going to be very very interesting. I think I'll go to the mall with her and casually go into every jewelry store. I'll tell her I am looking for myself and maybe fish out some info. As far as the budget, I think he mentioned something around $8000. I'm amazed he even knows how to write a check much less have a savings account. LOL Well it seems the consensus is round is the way to go. I can't wait to go to the mall. Now there's a statement you don't hear a girl say too often...LOL

69gm

Shiny_Rock
howzit IG,

i think you have a good idea by trying to fish info. for your brother. i think coming from him it would be too suspicious. once you get the info, come back to the forum. lots of help is available here. lots of awesome people will write to you so no worries.

by the way, just curious about your name...are you from hawaii? if so, let me know. i'm from hawaii and can share with you my local experience of stores here. i think i did some pretty decent research of stores here and can save you at least a little bit of time.

good luck!

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Island Gurl

One other little item you should find out while you have her in one of those stores. Her ring size.
From your brother, find out his maximum budget and use every drop of it :)
Use the home page here to find out what is available and how much it will cost.
If you need help, just ask and have fun learning.

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
Hi Gurl.....
What a great sister you must be
But one little hint...it seems to me

Since you're doing all the legwork
The least he can do
Is to throw in a bonus,
Like a ring for you too!!!

Enjoy the search....you'll love the folks in here!
Heyjud
9.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi IslandGirl,

For your viewing pleasure here are 2 top of the line stones within their respect shapes. One is a pretty hard to find princess cut with EXCELLENT cut quality and great reflective abilities. The next will be a round that is tops in it's class too. You'll need the GemAdvisor software to view their respective files but once you download and install it you can pull up both stones side by side and compare them under the various light conditions supplied in the software. This may help insofar as a virtual analysis is concerned however viewing these side by side in real life helps.
1.gif

You can get the free GemAdvisor software at this link.

http://www.pricescope.com/MSU/Library/InstGA1_1.exe

Then click on the footer of this post for an awesomely cut princess. Load the stone into Disco light and hit the green play button.
1.gif

Kind regards,
Rhino

Attachments

• pr92evvs1gem.gem
    7 KB · Views: 18

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
And here's a round stone. Open the 2 side by side and enjoy. Perhaps this may help your bro too.

Peace,
Rhino

Attachments

• GOG-BR100DSI2GEM.gem
    17.2 KB · Views: 17

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Hey Rhino,

That software doens't work on Macs. Very frustrating, as I can no longer view the stones on your site. Won't you consider posting the old viewing format as well, for those of us who think different?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I'd vote for an excellent round cut. I'm not very familiar w/ princess cuts except they seem to appear smaller than RB's & they hold body color more.

Island Gurl

Rough_Rock
mahalo nui loa 69gm. No I am not from Hawaii. I WISH!!!! If and when I win the lotto, that is the 1st place I am going to. I love the beach, palm trees, the feel of the hot sun. Sorry, I got lost there for a second. Back to my project at hand. I have made a date w/ her to go the mall tonight. It's kind of sudden, but I can't stand this. I hope I don't blow it. I think my brother would seriously hurt me if I screw this up. LOL He should know that girls can't keep a secret. TEE HEE. I will keep you posted.

P.S. Thank you so much to ALL OF YOU for all your input and your patience. This is like a little family of friends helping each other out. This is so great!!!!!

2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chiming in a little late but I love RB's too. Princess cuts just dont seem to look the same. I have a friend with one and is not impressive to me. Though you could always go the way of the SuperbCert princess with alot more light return than the average mall cut.

Just don't buy anything at the mall!!! Or as we call it here, the maul. They will charge you $8k for a 1c horribly cut stone!! You can get great deals online and some of the best cut stones around. For your bro's max budget you could get around a 1.25c well cut stone. Much better
2.gif

Good luck and let us know how the mall visit turns out!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results