shape
carat
color
clarity

What am I?

asymons412

Shiny_Rock
Hey there! A few years ago on vacation, my brother bought a Mont Blanc watch while we were outside the country on family vacation, and the seller offered us this for free as a "gift" in attempt to persuade us to go through with the sale.

He said it was worth a few hundred dollars and mentioned what it was, but for the life of me, I can't remember what!

I couldn't capture a great picture of it, but it's a very very light purple (with a hint of pinkish in some light) pear-shaped stone. If it's worth a hoot, I'd love to have it set, but to be honest I have no idea what it is and haven't had time to take it to a jeweler. I feel like it's too light-coloured to be an amethyst, but that's why I'm coming to you guys! Thoughts?

1_24.jpg 2_23.jpg
DSC_0104.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It really could be anything - synthetic or natural. It could also be coated, nuked, heated, filled or whatever else. In terms of gemtype, it's anybody's guess. Unless the jeweller has the right tools (not all have), even he/she may not be able to identify the stone. Finding out the refractive index is the first step in narrowing down what it might be.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Did he say it was a rose de france amethyst? They come in that color.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If not synthetic, It could be a very very light purple quartz (amethyst) or kunzite (pink spodumene), both of which are not particularly valuable. It could also be a beryl, but those tend to be more of a peachy pink, not a light purple. If you're lucky, it could be a natural spinel, but I highly doubt it. Get the RI checked out and see.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results