shape
carat
color
clarity

What am I supposed to take from hospital?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Peepa

Shiny_Rock
I''m expecting my first baby in January and everyone has been telling me to take a big overnight labor bag because there will be plenty of items the hospital will give me to take home.
Will someone be packing these things for me or do I just take them and how do I know what I''m supposed to take?
I don''t want to not take something and be billed for it anyway.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
From the hospital I received: mesh panties (
30.gif
), pads, thermometer and nasal aspirator bulb, diapers, wipes, changing pads, and I stole some of those shortbread cookies
18.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/24/2009 5:47:25 PM
Author: fiery
30.gif
)
LOL this part made me laugh, esp the love face.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I know people who took diapers throughout their stays since the nurse will refill the diaper drawer. So they stocked up on diapers. They gave us formula and nipples, soothie, nasal aspirator (keep this one, mch better than any store bought ones), mesh panties and pads, squirt bottle (to clean the stitches from tearing or episiotomy), and diaper bag. They give moms who have problem breastfeeding a manual pump and lanolin.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Take anything and everything!
2.gif
Trust me, you're paying for it whether you know it or not!! I took all the diapers, wipes, formula, nipples, tshirts, hats, one blanket (per child, just as a memory), wash cloths, thermometer, nasal aspirator for baby. For me, I took all the mesh panties, humongous pads, squirt bottle, Tucks, Dermaplast, Purell. They'll also give you a diaper bag full of stuff from one of the formula companies, especially if you're not breastfeeding--they'll give you tons of formula samples. You should take everything that isn't nailed down. They won't pack it up for you, just start hoarding as soon as you get the stuff!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
They told us what we couldn't take -- the blanket she was wrapped in was pretty much it and maybe her shirts, but somehow we wound up with one or two anyway -- and then we took everything else. I did start hoarding the mesh panties and asking for more pretty regularly once I figured out how comfortable they were, but I didn't end up wearing them at home because I didn't have pads that were thin enough to fit. We also got a big backpack full of formula even though our plan was/is to breastfeed.

But I would definitely have a big bag for bringing stuff home because while you might not get that much stuff from the hospital, you'll get a lot of baby gifts from friends and family while you're there.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/24/2009 6:20:23 PM
Author: Mara

30.gif
)

Those panties are awesome. I had them tucked away but one day FI went on a rant about accepting granny panties with loving open arms but he would not accept those haha

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
My nurse told me what to take. She said the insurance had been billed for the thermometer, aspirator, wipes and diapers, panties and pads and any hygiene items. Also some accessories for a breast pump. So, I took them. Anything that had touched my baby or had been opened for my baby (besides the hospital clothes and blankets) came home with me. I also went through and stripped all of the announcements that were on his crib, door, etc. The nurse also brought in a ton of formula in a diaper bag for us. Then she had DH bring in the carseat and made sure that we were strapping him in and layering the blankets safely.

I loved my nurse.

big ditto on hoarding the panties. I''m a big girl so I had to slit the side a bit from the bottom to make them more comfortable, but they were the only panties I could wear after my c-section.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I was allowed to take everything but the blankets. We ended up with a hand knitted beanie, all the hygene items, a bottle of motrin and tylenol, a cute little card with his pic on it from Valentines day (the NICU nurses made them and stuck them on the bassinets), nipples/formula/diapers and wipes. I had my mom take home some things before hand (dirty clothes, labor bag), so there was space left for those things.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I''m wondering now if I wasn''t supposed to take the blankets lol! We have 2 at home and 2 hats. Oops.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/25/2009 12:06:08 AM

Date: 11/24/2009 6:20:23 PM
Author: Mara

30.gif
)

Those panties are awesome. I had them tucked away but one day FI went on a rant about accepting granny panties with loving open arms but he would not accept those haha
Ha ha, my Dh actually wanted me to take home the mesh panties. Crazy guy thought the see through mesh boy shorts were sexy.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay so what''s the deal with these mesh panties everyone is raving about?

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/25/2009 12:22:56 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
okay so what''s the deal with these mesh panties everyone is raving about?
I HATED them! They''re really sheer mesh stretchy disposible undies. Great for holding in the GIANT pads they give you
2.gif
. Although, to the c-section ladies, I was soooo bloated from all the fuilds that I couldn''t fit into the big grannie undies I had brought to the hospital, so mesh undies were great for that.

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/24/2009 8:06:25 PM
Author: curlygirl
Take anything and everything!
2.gif
Trust me, you''re paying for it whether you know it or not!! I took all the diapers, wipes, formula, nipples, tshirts, hats, one blanket (per child, just as a memory), wash cloths, thermometer, nasal aspirator for baby. For me, I took all the mesh panties, humongous pads, squirt bottle, Tucks, Dermaplast, Purell. They''ll also give you a diaper bag full of stuff from one of the formula companies, especially if you''re not breastfeeding--they''ll give you tons of formula samples. You should take everything that isn''t nailed down. They won''t pack it up for you, just start hoarding as soon as you get the stuff!
+1.

Our nurse was super nice and re-filled our baby supplies right before check-out so we ended up taking home a lot of diapers, wipes and formula.

I hope you have an easy labor and delivery!!
1.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I''m in the "take anything and everything" camp. I told my daughter to check every nook and cranny.

btw, those mesh panties are the shizzle. Tragic that they didn''t have them available in 1979.
20.gif

Peepa

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for your replies. PS''ers are always so helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results