shape
carat
color
clarity

What about this one?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canadian 1

Rough_Rock
Y: Tahoma; POSITION: absolute">

Hello to everyone.

Any thoughts on this one?

1.22Cts. RB
SI1
H
7.03 - 7.00 x 4.16mm
Total Depth 59.3%
Table width 56% (can anyone figure out the mm for me)
Crown Height 14%
Pavilion Depth 43%
Crown Angle 32* * means degrees
Girdle Thickness Thin, faceted

Polish Good to Very Good
Symmetry Very Good
Fluorescence None
Graining Nil

Comments:
"TOLKOWSKY IDEAL CUT" - The proportions of this diamond are within
tolerance of those proposed by Marcel Tolkowsky, as the ideal balance
between brilliance and dispersion.

After I have some opinions, I will let you know where these stats came from.
I think this way the diamond gets an unbiased and fair judgment. At least I hope I'm right about that last part. lol lol

canadian 1
9.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
From the data you posted, it's an EGL Israel report... Well, they are NOTORIOUSLY off in their grading! I'd be very careful, especially with an SI 1 stone -- the inclusions may be eye visible.

Just curious... Where did you get that 32'? From the EGL char I have, a tolkowsky ideal cut stone must have at least a 33.7' crown. Also, keep in mind that the %'s you posted are rounded, so the 14% may be 13.5% as well as 14.4%...

canadian 1

Rough_Rock
Hello Giangi

Observant of you with the 32 degree angle. .
9.gif

You are right this info was not on the cert. I asked a jeweler to measure it for me. As far as the other stats go with the numbers being rounded off, there really is nothing that anyone can do is there if these numbers are stated this way on the cert. in the first place.
Also you say
From the EGL char I have, a tolkowsky ideal cut stone must have at least a 33.7' crown.
I'm just conveying to you what was wrote on the original cert and under the comments section that is what is typed there. Also note that it does say
The proportions of this diamond are within tolorance of those proposed by Marcel Tolkowsky, as the ideal balance between brilliance and dispersion.

So from what you are saying and what you know, is the info on this cert regarding this diamond bogus???? Is this misleading?
Also just curious as to why you think this info is from an EGL Israel report?
Let me know your thoughts, I appreciate them.

canadian 1
9.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, you're right. I think EGL israel reports are bogus. They are very optimistic in their grading and all those fancy names as excellent ideal cut, tolkowsky ideal and premium cut are simply misleading.
The cert is from israel cause:
1. they use tolkowky blah blah blah
2. %'es are rounded
3. there's the voice 'graining'
4. girdle is listed as average
5. they use 'good to very good'
The report should be printed on bluish paper.

Table should be about 3.92mm

My chart (that is from EGL Israel) says that a diamond must have 14% to 16% and 33.7' to 35.8' crown to get that tolkowsky comment. So yours should have at least a 33.7' crown. BTW, a Tolkowsky ideal cut range doesn't exist: tolkowsky proportions were VERY exact and the stone had no girdle --knife edge.

canadian 1

Rough_Rock
Hello Giangi
Hey can you help me figure out how to get the mm size on a 56% Table on a 1.22 size diamond.

In your last post you said
Table should be about 3.92mm
Table what?

canadian 1

9.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
''can anyone figure out the mm for me''
---------------------------------

Average diameter is 7.015 or 7.02 {=(7.01+7.03)/2}.
Table % = (7.015*56%)/100 = 3.93mm to be exact. Table = (average diameter * table %)/100.

canadian 1

Rough_Rock
Hey Giangi you created a monster and nobody wants her you see ect.....(Eminem song .
9.gif

Thanks for showing me how to do that with the calculations.
2.gif
I've been using

them & also taking it one step further and figuring out true table width %'s that have

been rounded off on different diamonds that I have been shown.

Hey do you know any thing about E.G.L. having an office in Vancouver, B.C. in Canada?

That's where I am and I just found out a few days ago that one is here. I kicked the owner of the place that I have to try to do a tradeup with in the a%% just to get him to send a diamond to get it certified.I wanted stats from some place else & I had absolutely no power in where this was going to be sent, as he put his foot down and siad that he would send it locally to E.G.L. in Vancouver. That's when I found out about there being an E.G.L. office in Vancouver. Let me know if you know anything about them , will you? Anybody else out there that can help me I would appreciate it.
I know how anti E.G.L. alot of you out there are so this should make for a F.U.N. debate.

Cheers canadian 1
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results