shape
carat
color
clarity

What about this dress for city hall WP1?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
What do you guys think of this dress for signing the legal papers at city hall? Worth ordering and trying on? The overlay is cotton, do you think that will make it too casual? I'm starting to think I want a cute but fancy shortish white dress for the civil ceremony that I can wear a veil with. Any thoughts?

neiman dress .jpg

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
That dress is adorable! Where did you find that?!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cute! I think an accent flower in the hair would look better than a veil though...

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
It''s from Neiman Marcus.

Would it look good on 5''2" with a large chest and small waist?

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Well - I''m a mere 5''3" - But never have I ever had the "problem" of large chest, small waist
26.gif
! haha!

As long as you are comfortable with strapless dresses, i think this dress would be adorable for your frame and for the occasion!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
When is wedding part I? To me the dress, especially the overlay, screams summer, not that that matters! I think it will look great on your frame, the empire waist emphasizing that small waist!
26.gif

Nicki

Shiny_Rock
I think it''s adorable! I think it would make a wonderful Wedding Part Uno dress.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE it! I have no clue what to wear to city hall--my FI''s parents were married at city hall and she wore a white suit. If you think it''s too casual you could always wear a cute bolero or something. I think it would great with bright, summery shoes!

happy in love

Shiny_Rock

Date: 8/28/2007 6:36:51 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
I LOVE it! I have no clue what to wear to city hall--my FI''s parents were married at city hall and she wore a white suit. If you think it''s too casual you could always wear a cute bolero or something. I think it would great with bright, summery shoes!
I love it too! I think the dress is great... It would be a perfect dress to wear a cute pair of blue shoes with too! (I''m pretty much LOVING the blue shoe thing right now, and thought you might too after noticing the sassy shoes you posted a while back).
Anyhow, great dress, and I think it would accentuate a larger bust and small waist!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm... it really IS a summery summer dress, isn''t it? W.P. Uno is end of March. Probably the 28th. It''s in a place where the weather will be (still not good with F.... hold on...) 65-75ish, and spring will be on its way into summer. But people there, at least last time I was there that time of year, are often still wearing coats, even though it''s WAY too warm for coats. I think they just like coats or something. Who doesn''t like coats? They consider it ''spring'' for sure.

Now THIS dress is KILLING me. But they''re out of stock WAAAH!
39.gif
And wait till you see the matching coat!

rtaylor dress.jpg

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Isn't that just SICK! And it's perfect for spring too.
30.gif
30.gif
I love the way the fringe from the dress peeks out the bottom.

rtaylor coat.jpg

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Wish I had those nice long legs though.
7.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Ooo, great taste, Independent Gal, that is GREAT dress, too!

And I''m all for the blue shoe thing--as soon as I got my white bridal shoes I immediately dyed them bright peacock blue.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
wait?! you''re 5''2" really? hum. never wudda thought that!
anyway, i love dress #1!!! i like the second one, but only with the coat. but that''s just my taste.
you''d be able to pull off either one though!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
what about this?

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Yup. 5'2". In the pic of me in the dress for WP2, I'm wearing 4.5 inch platform shoes!

ETA: JCrow, GREAT find. I LOVE THAT! Hmmm... Might have to order that one and try it on. Bet FI would love it too.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
when i saw it a couple of days ago i thought of you and your other wedding dress.
it was on another blog. the girl said to check out bloomingdales. she bought it for $148. here is what she wrote:

"Seriously! What a steal! And it’s SO much cuter in person.

Since I just snagged the dress last night, there are probably some sizes left at other stores. Call up a Bloomingdales near you. If they don’t have your size, they’ll be happy to check the inventory of other Bloomies and give you a list of those that have your size in stock. You can call the stores yourself and have them ship the dress directly to you."

good luck!!!

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
Indie- I tried on the dress Jcrow posted...it''s FANTASTIC! I sooo wanted to buy it, but didn''t need it and it was not on sale when I tried it on. I''m 5''3, pear shaped. I thought it looked great.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Yep, I agree with Jcrow...Indy is 5'2"...GET OUT!!

Your posts are much taller!! (ha ha) Funny, how we picture each other. I actually picture Indy Girl with long legs and athletic type that likes to run. Hmmmm not sure why I think that...IT IS YOUR AVATAR. Silly how height or coloring...as in brunette, blonde etc really can be interpreted in words. But I totally agree, who da thunk Indy girl is a little cupcake/firecracker?

Also I LOVE LOVE LOVE that 2 piecer you found, IG. The coat is too much! Perfect.

Not available...so move on...that dress Jcrow found for you is so you! It is so similar to THE dress. You know, after your wedding I think that it will be so much your style you'll wish you had a more casual one...if only you could find one that you could wear to a cocktail party or event...OH but wait...there is the one Jcrow found you!! You should get it whether you wear it at the court house or not.

The others you posted are so 60 mod. I see Sienna Miller or Twiggy wearing them. Do you think you want something more along those lines for variety?

DKS

ETA: wait a minute...we have seen you in that dress...you weren't BIG chested and you did have legs a mile long because you looked as tall and slender as a model. What gives? 4 inch platforms don't change your bust!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
dks - not only the avatar, but her dress pics! i completely thought she was oh, around 5''9". seriously.
that and, pretty much everyone is taller than me. ha!
6.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Awwww...aren't you guys sweet! Well, with those platforms (the crazy patent leather silver ones I posted) , I'm almost 5'7"! That's pretty tall, right? I wore those shoes shopping and it felt so kewl to be tall. The world really is different up there.

As for the, uh, girls. They're, uh...32 Double Debbies. So, not HUGE huge, since that's like a C on a 36, but, uh, disproportionate to my little frame.
2.gif
I'm also only 107 lbs.

I'm going to call Bloomies first thing tomorrow AM. Can't spend a lot on this, because of the 12K Surprise, but under $200 works!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Jcrow...me too...thought she was at least 5''9"!!!! That photo in her dress makes her look a mile long! She packs a confidant wallop for a dainty little 5 twoer.

Aren''t you 5''2" too?

DKS

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Here's the thread with the supah-shoes in question:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/amazing-shoes.66065/

I know some PS'ers had some reservations about them, but I'm still 100% lovin' 'em.

ETA: Actually, I think in the photo I posted of the dress, I might have been wearing a clunky scratched up old pair from the last time platforms were in style (in the 90's?). But whatever. Same height! Same diff!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2007 9:58:09 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
Jcrow...me too...thought she was at least 5''9''!!!! That photo in her dress makes her look a mile long! She packs a confidant wallop for a dainty little 5 twoer.

Aren''t you 5''2'' too?

DKS

5''
2.gif

and igal, i hear ya on the tall shoes! i have a pair of plats and i wear them all the time. brings a sort of confidence. not to mention what it does for the legs!
31.gif

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
i love them all!!!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
5''

Awww you guys are mini cupcakes
emfemale.gif
emfemale.gif
! Jcrow in your wedding shots you look petite and feminine too but much taller. Too cute...both of you.
36.gif
36.gif

DKS

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the first one. I think it is so cute!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
So I called Bloomies and the lady said ''Why is everyone calling about this dress?!!?!'' Apparently, I''m about the 10th person to ask about it in the last few days (the BCBG that JCrow posted, that someone had written about on a blog). Guess that''s the internet for ya!

Well, they have my size, but it''s not $148, it''s $396.
39.gif
I would have jumped at it but that special assessment.... Gotta pull the reins in.
7.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Super super super cute - the first one...not as keen on the later ones. A cardigan would look cute with the first if you're worried about the temp.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
boooooo!
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results