shape
carat
color
clarity

What a Tease!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brooke.lynne

Rough_Rock
So, this is it! Our flight to Paris takes of in 2 days and 20 hours, and I am in the full swing of packing. My SO has crossed off everything on his to-do list except one very, very important thing: getting my ring set! Today I went to put some jewelry away in the safe and in the ring box was still there. But to my surprise when I opened it... only the wedding band was in it! The engagement ring setting and the loose diamond were gone. Good news, indeed.
9.gif
So when he came home from work almost a full hour late, I was unperturbed -- in fact, I was delighted.

Of course, I couldn''t resist: I looked in his work bag and there was another ring box in it. I opened it, to have a little look-see and...
39.gif
still unset!

My best friend said that the world will not end if my ring is not set by the time we leave for France, but I beg to differ. I think I am capable of conjuring up (inadvertently, of course) a level of disappointment and childish rage so profound that it could possibly swallow up the Earth like a black hole. I hope it doesn''t happen that way but if so, I apologize in advance to you, ladies, and all of humanity but i.want.my.ring!
29.gif

Now if only I can get myself to be a good girl and stop peeking!

Delster

Ideal_Rock
brooke.lynne you just made me smile! To my shame, I herewith admit that am totally capable of conjuring up those earth-swallowing tantrums too!
38.gif
2.gif

I bet he''s gonna get that beautiful ring all set either today or tomorrow. Sounds like you have the diamond and setting together already, so shouldn''t take a jeweller too long to do it. He''ll probably drop it off today and pick it up tomorrow. In typical man fashion of course, at the last minute!

Do you have pictures up here somewhere? I''d love to see (and apologies if you''ve already posted about it, I can''t seem to remember just now)!

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
That last part had me cracking up. It doesn''t take long to set at all - sometimes it can be done in the same day. Don''t worry about it, just enjoy your trip!

brooke.lynne

Rough_Rock
Hey, girls. You are right about how little time it takes to get a stone set. It really could be done at the last minute and it wouldn''t matter. It doesn''t even have to be in the shop for more than a lunchbreak, let alone overnight.

That''s what I keep telling myself, anyway. He was late coming home from work again today and I checked the ring box in his work bag
27.gif
(naughty, I know) and the stone is still not set. BUT it was wrapped in thin blue paper, the way some jewelers package loose stones. So I think he''s been to the jeweler, and maybe the setter just wasn''t in or something. I hope there''s not some sort of problem.

Either way, in 1 day and 18 hours we will be taking off for Paris. So I''m just going to [/i]trust[/i] that he has everything under control....
5.gif

brooke.lynne

Rough_Rock
By the way, here is my ring, unset in its box.

r1ngb0x.jpg

brooke.lynne

Rough_Rock
It looks rather generic there, but that''s my photography skills, no fault of the ring''s own
2.gif
. The ring is a beaut. By the time handshots roll around I''ll have figured out how to do her justice.

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
Sending tons of dust your way!

Have an amazing trip!
9.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!!

That all sounds incredibly romantic.

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

Stay strong -- home stretch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just_Me

Shiny_Rock
Good luck! This is so exciting!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results