carat
color
clarity

What a scream!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I must be watching far too many crime shows. :lol:

The other night I was having an absolutely awful dream, where I’d been kidnapped by a psycho. I won‘t go in to the gory details, but suffice to say, he was torturing me, and twice, I woke up screaming my head off.

DH was extremely alarmed, he didn’t have a clue what was going on. He sleeps like a log, and nothing usually disturbs him, so it must’ve been pretty loud to wake him up.

I usually have very vivid dreams, often pretty weird, but very detailed, which I can recount when I wake up, but I’ve never had a dream like that before where I was actually screaming.

Do you ever watch a show and then dream about it?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I dream vividly. But usually my dreams are where the actor in the movie I just watched is my partner--Tom Cruise, George Clooney; you get the drift. LOL. And I absolutely eschew murder crime shows. Never watch them--I still have Ivory Tower dreams from University days!

cheers--Sharon

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am also a vivid dreamer but I don’t remember any screams. I’m also single so maybe that’s why.

This thread reminds me I need to lay off the melatonin as it tends to give me very active dreams if I use it more than a couple weeks.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s the first time I’ve ever screamed out loud @monarch64, I’ve had lots of weird dreams where I’m trying to scream but nothing comes out.

I had a really weird dream a while back that my DH was having an affair with a friend of mine, and I wasn’t so much annoyed he was having an affair, but that it was with this particular friend :lol: I kept saying “with *****, with *****, have you lost your mind? I could’ve understood if it’d been ******, but *****

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too dream very vividly but have never screamed that I am aware of or remember. I have awakened laughing and crying but not screaming. The other night I woke up and had my hands running through my hair because in my dream I was putting conditioner on my hair! I have also awakened turning knobs in the air because I am doing so in a dream. I watch lots of true crime shows too and often time real life is deeply woven into my dreams. Interestingly enough, I have never dreamed of being a crime victim - thank goodness! Must have been terrifying! The human mind is so fascinating though.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
If it makes you feel a bit better knowing it's not just you ❤️ I absolutely have dreams like that quite often. Waking up screaming and scaring my husband. We had an incident once where i woke up yelling about the house burning down. Though they have definitely reduced these days since I was forced into using the CPAP. We think some of the violence in the dreams was me not being able to breathe for real.

I've found I also have to try and get enough sleep or I have hallucinations of giant spiders and other wierd things with more night terrors very quickly. But I've been doing much better with the machine thankfully!

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Do you ever watch a show and then dream about it?

A friend gave us The Sopranos years ago. DH was off work, freshly diagnosed with a chronic health issue. So we kind of binged (for us) on up to three episodes per day. I should say that I avoid suspense, violence, and in general scary movies/TV/videos...

At the end of day three, while the show still seemed okay, that night I had Dreams and it was the opening theme music running through the dreams. The sense of dread and suspense in my dreams ended my watching The Sopranos. :lol:

I've never wakened up screaming, but have definitely woken up with cramps in my face and stomach from laughing so hard in dreams. :lol: I've wakened up crying, too—deep, deep sorrow in a dream.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have very vivid dreams and can also occasionally do lucid dreaming.
But I rarely remember what I dreamt about. I wish I could but as soon as I wake up the dream usually fades

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MissGotRocks , watching unsettling things doesn’t usually bother me, so I’ve no idea why I had such a lurid dream

I’ve added the spoiler of what he did to me, read at your peril.
In the dream the psycho was slashing my flesh off and I could not only feel, but hear the sounds of the sword he was using scraping down my bones :shock:

That sounds horrible @MeowMeow, glad you’ve got it under control now.

Several years ago @SparklieBug I’d fallen asleep on my arm and when I turned over it was numb and fluttering, I sat up in bed and was convinced that a mouse had run over me, until I realised it was my own arm :lol:

It’s strange isn’t it @missy that you can have such vivid, detailed dreams and they just disappear as soon as you wake up?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
if i have too many blankets on i have weird kind of unpleasent dreams
i make a point of not watching anything scary or violant before bed

last night i just dreamt about Borris (our cat) who was safely asleep at the end of the bed -she is still there in fact -having a winter sleep in =)2

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omgoodness @Austina I used to have vivid scary dreams as a child. I would even have one repeat. I cannot watch horror films. I’m sorry you had such a fright.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MissGotRocks , watching unsettling things doesn’t usually bother me, so I’ve no idea why I had such a lurid dream

I’ve added the spoiler of what he did to me, read at your peril.
In the dream the psycho was slashing my flesh off and I could not only feel, but hear the sounds of the sword he was using scraping down my bones :shock:

That sounds horrible @MeowMeow, glad you’ve got it under control now.

Several years ago @SparklieBug I’d fallen asleep on my arm and when I turned over it was numb and fluttering, I sat up in bed and was convinced that a mouse had run over me, until I realised it was my own arm :lol:

It’s strange isn’t it @missy that you can have such vivid, detailed dreams and they just disappear as soon as you wake up?

Now that is truly vivid! Feeling and sound - yikes! Bet you were VERY glad to wake up! Best wishes for sweet dreams tonight!

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock

Hilarious! I've fallen asleep on my arm and was convinced someone was in bed with me because I could feel their arm...I was single at the time, and this was rather alarming to me. And then I woke up to pins n' needles in my arm. And great relief. LOL!

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
@Austina that must have been a terrifying dream, and disturbing for your husband! I didn't read your spoiler, because I didn't want to allow the visions into my brain, haha!

I have had recurring themed nightmares since I was a child, so they weren't the exact same dream, but similar to each other, always based on whatever was my biggest fear at the time, not so much what I watched on tv (although I have occasionally had those too.) When I was young, it was someone chasing me, and me running in slow motion. When I was in high school/college, they were along the lines of, I had an exam and I forgot to study, or I had a plane to catch and I hadn't even packed yet. The scariest was when my children were small, and I used to have nightmares involving them and water. I would wake up with a scream, my heart pounding!

Apparently, I work through my fears in my dreams. Is the psycho scenario a particularly strong fear for you?

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina - what a terrible dream! I had a similar dream last week. In my dream I had a car accident and a nice family helped me out and took me to their home. I became confused as to why they would not call 911. Long story short- like your dream they were serial killers. In my dream I had escaped to their yard which was a junk yard. I woke up with crushing chest pain. I actually thought I might be having a heart attack. The one weird thing about the dream is that there was a brightly colored parrot. It was neon yellow with red, blue and green stripes. I marveled at the colors. Which settled the debate in my mind regarding if we dream in color.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
I love dreams and dreaming! :bigsmile: I do believe that we can work things out in our dreams for problem solving, etc., and cleaning up "karma" (for lack of better word) kinds of things.

DH and I compare dreams in the morning, and we found a fascinating pattern—when we ate pizza we had wild dreams much like what @Lisa Loves Shiny shared, above. We now call wacky dreams "pizza dreams". No idea what they mean other than we must be working something physical out (digestion doesn't love the combo of ingredients in pizza?!) in those cray-cray dreams. :lol:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@RMOO although I don’t watch horror/slasher movies, I don’t actually think in this instance the dream was based on something I’d seen - at least not that I’m aware of. It came out of nowhere, and I can’t connect what happened to something I’ve ever seen. I can see how your dreams are a manifestation of your fears. When Chernobyl happened, my DS was very young, and the radioactive cloud was drifting over Europe. I did have dreams then of rushing out to be instantly vaporised in the event of it being so serious that we’d be left living in a post apocalyptic world. :shock:

Yikes @Lisa Loves Shiny, that must’ve been scary to think you were having a heart attack. Isn‘t it odd that such random things as a parrot come up in such a scary scenario?

Do they say that cheese causes weird dreams @SparklieBug , maybe that’s why you‘re having the wackly Pizza dreams ? :mrgreen:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t sleep at all if I’m too hot @Daisys and Diamonds, our temps ATM are high 70’s and 80’s during the night. We have the a/c set to 75 because DH is cold, but I end up sleeping on top of the bed with no covers at all.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Right! I can also have wacky dreams when I'm too warm, I forgot about that. I also have those funny dreams like @RMOO mentioned (need to run, and can't, etc.), and finally figured out they occur just before/as I wake up. I now call them my "wake-up" dreams. I think it's because I'm having a struggle to come back to the physical body for daily life? In the dreams I'm often having a struggle to...catch a plane/bus/train and can't find my luggage, or I need to run and my legs can hardly move because they're so heavy. I'm not frightened in the dreams, just perplexed as to the barriers that keep me from going/doing what I want or need to.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
last night i dreamed i was cold and had lost a woolen coat mum had brought me when i first started work (its ok, its in the wardrobe)
anyway i woke up frozen because i must have tossed the blankets off

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results