shape
carat
color
clarity

What’s your current thing…other than jewelry?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just spent an hour watching my DH tinker with his home office desk set up. He’s constantly improving, adjusting, adding and subtracting from his space. I’ve been into custom mechanics keyboards, a surprisingly fun but slow and slightly pricey hobby. Will post some pics later. What have people been into lately?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Buying (more) clothes :oops2: I never thought crop trousers would suit me, but I really like them, so I bought a white pair. Then I bought a black and a navy pair, then a red and a cobalt blue pair. Then yesterday, I bought a lime green and oyster coloured pair:oops:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Buying (more) clothes :oops2: I never thought crop trousers would suit me, but I really like them, so I bought a white pair. Then I bought a black and a navy pair, then a red and a cobalt blue pair. Then yesterday, I bought a lime green and oyster coloured pair:oops:

Yeah. I do that too. Multiple colors…. Easy shopping

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cooking!! Omg!! I’m trying to drop the weight I gained during pandemic, and I am obsessed with cooking healthy meals!! Ok. I started on Monday, but I have not eaten out once!! That is a first!!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Boyfriend jeans!! Found a pair that fit nicely. So comfy!! Have about six pair of differing shades now!! :lol:

well it would be clothes, handbags and scarves for me but these aren’t things I’m “newly” into, I’ve always loved them! Maybe traditional indian wear... I’ve been into traditional threads and weaves and techniques in the last year or so.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me:
Cycling
Animals
Clothing
Exercising
Music
Hiking
(wish I could get back into reading)

Greg:
Cycling
Animals
Woodworking
Audiophile
Sewing
Cooking
Baking
Clothing
Hiking

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have my hands full with a puppy. He arrived on 28 May 2021 at 5 months old.

Hopefully, he will be ready to go camping with me soon.

His first 2-night test trip is at the end of this month, and I have planned to sleep in my campervan outside my house with him next week.

DK :))

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
We're planning an extension to the house. I'm trying to work out minimum dimensions for a dressing room to see if I can fit one into what will be our new bedroom.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I recently started playing tennis again, something I haven’t done in about 30 years and I also started playing piano again….I had 20-30 year lapse of both of these activities once I started college and got married and raised children. Now, my eldest moved away for college, my younger kid is driving everywhere….I have all the time in the world to pick these activities up again!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bathroom tiles - ugh.
The bathroom off the laundry has lifting tiles so the refurb, which I have been putting off, has to be done. Do you know how many tiles and how many sizes, finishes, prices they come in? Heavens. And every time I make an alteration to the tiles I have to recalculate number of tiles required. And then there’s a new vanity and taps. How many types of taps there are is mind boggling. 581449C3-CE04-4C6E-98E5-2FBF9EF9247B.jpeg 60A9FA70-DD2A-4072-AD09-DBB9BAF9573C.jpeg
My Guinness Book of Records attempt!
A single, continuous Granny square. That’s going around and around and around. It’s been a work in progress for 4 years. I’m now nearly there. How big? It has to be at least 12 metres by 12 metres. It now takes 3 x 100 gram balls of wool to go around just once.

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
I recently started playing tennis again, something I haven’t done in about 30 years and I also started playing piano again….I had 20-30 year lapse of both of these activities once I started college and got married and raised children. Now, my eldest moved away for college, my younger kid is driving everywhere….I have all the time in the world to pick these activities up again!
I always wanted to learn how to play tennis. By the time my kids were older and I got some free time, I developed tendinitis in both elbows probably from all the gardening I do.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Coffee. Always trying different beans and such. We have an Italian espresso machine and an old manual Pavoni machine too from the 70s! I also used to be really into clothes and shoes but haven’t as much since working from home due to Covid.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
R.

I'm sure I'll give up soon and that'll be a relief.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Mostly just surviving, but I also really want to teach my daughter simple things. We are trying to do something every day, as I have noticed our lives are disappearing without anything really resolving/changing/improving on a day-to-day basis. We have started working more hours since the pandemic started, and it is not a good change in our lives. We are much more sluggish, overwhelmed and too tired to do anything after work as a result. I've noticed the person who is suffering under this the most is our daughter who is trying super hard to engage us. So I'm trying to work through some of the ideas here

https://www.kiwico.com/diy/lists/30-screen-free-steam-diys-for-kids

Some days we manage, some we dont do so well. I'm trying to make a plan to manage at least something every day. Otherwise I am supposed to be preparing for a new baby, but do not have the time to do it (I'm sure this will be an oversight in a couple of months time :lol-2:).

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Christmas shopping. I decided I wanted to have the Christmas season this year totally disconnected from shopping. So I'm doing it super early and am having a great time! I'm filling Christmas stockings for people, and they're really personalized and a bunch of fun.

I'm also trying to finish my jewelry collection. I know that sounds like jewelry, and you asked for things other than that - but finishing a set collection is a very specific thing and is taking a lot of active designing and finagling in general. It's very goal specific, and I'm pushing hard to get it done.

Lastly - right now - my back is taking most of my focus. My back is often pretty crap, and I've just recently re-blown at least one disc and am living my life around trying to find a comfortable way to sit, stand and walk. I normally exercise a lot, but can't at the moment, and it's sending me crazy! I see a surgeon on Tuesday and am anticipating back surgery (which I've had before but which is significantly more complicated now).

And today is my birthday. And I have a house full of the people I love most in the world.

So it's a mixed bag for me right now.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday @mrs-b !

DK =)2

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Reading, cooking unhealthy food (as a hobby, once or twice a week). Cooking yummy and relatively healthy food daily. Walking my dog 45-50 min every morning - the only kind of exercise I like to do these days.
Photo of unhealthy food attached. They were fried in oil and have meat and potato/onion filling inside. Street food in the USSR. The taste of childhood both my husband and I love. IMG_5074 (2).JPG

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bathroom tiles - ugh.
. Do you know how many tiles and how many sizes, finishes, prices they come in?

YES I do, imagine the fun of trying to choose them for an entire house, when you’re one side of the Atlantic, and the design centre is the other :lol: We’ve recently had to choose everything for our new house via FaceTime. Of course, the design consultant picked out the most expensive options that fitted our criteria:roll: We felt mugged after the meeting, but can’t do anything about it.

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
Walking, kayaking, caring for all my new perennials and planning our trips from December through next May! Have 2 planned this winter and one in the spring to Europe with our adult son. So looking forward to spending 3 weeks with him!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results