shape
carat
color
clarity

What’s one thing you’ll never do again?

I love rollercoasters and Alton Towers, even sat in the front row of Oblivion by mistake, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

DK :))

Good! You can go on a rollercoaster with @missy so I don’t have to! :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
“They” say the top 3 most stressful experiences are:
Moving, divorce and death. I don’t know the order.

:lol: I had to edit this because I was thinking of it pertaining to us. I thought if were dead we wouldn’t be stressed about moving or divorce because we wouldn't be doing any of those after we died!

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
skydive - did one tandem jump many years ago and it was a total adrenaline high but once was enough

roller coasters - last time in an amusement park years ago i got a horrible headache from all the jostling of the ride

motorcycle - i had one years ago but wouldn't ride again, definitely not a heavy motorcycle but even a scooter is iffy around here with the way people drive

i guess in general i have less need for adrenaline or i get it from travel adventures instead these days... =)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy :snooty::hand::shifty: No rollercoasters for me!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
skydive - did one tandem jump many years ago and it was a total adrenaline high but once was enough

roller coasters - last time in an amusement park years ago i got a horrible headache from all the jostling of the ride

motorcycle - i had one years ago but wouldn't ride again, definitely not a heavy motorcycle but even a scooter is iffy around here with the way people drive

i guess in general i have less need for adrenaline or i get it from travel adventures instead these days... =)

Yes to motorcycles. Greg had one and I occasionally rode with him. Despite hating them knowing how dangerous they could be. One year 2 of Greg’s close dear friends died (separately) in motorcycle accidents. 6 months apart. Greg turned to me and asked if I’d be ok if he sold his. I have never been so relieved. They call them donorcyles for a reason :(
RIP Gus and Paul.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

We get all the adrenaline we need from bling! :sun:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes to motorcycles. Greg had one and I occasionally rode with him. Despite hating them knowing how dangerous they could be. One year 2 of Greg’s friends died (separately) in motorcycle accidents. 6 months apart. Greg turned to me and asked if I’d be ok if he sold his. I have never been so relieved. They call them donorcyles for a reason :(
RIP Gus and Paul.

I’m so sorry @missy I’m so happy you guys don’t ride them anymore..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry @missy I’m so happy you guys don’t ride them anymore..

Thanks Joanne❤ I hated that he rode one but I didn’t want to be the kind of person who told her partner what he could or could not do. I have a much easier time telling him that now however lol. I guess decades together does that.

I really didn’t ride them for any length of time. Occasionally I went with greg for a short ride.

Found an old photo.
DE3DCFD9-1E78-40E7-B0A6-A8ED84F95B4B.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
Haha I just said this to Greg yesterday. I don’t want to pay for features we won’t use!

Unfortunately its a long list for me and after 3 yrs of owning my car which I still love, that list has grown
Those options sounded so good at the time.
I have used them only a handful of times.
On my now short list for when I change my car - heated steering, seat heat/cool. Multiway seat adjustment. Maybe autostart with temp control i would keep.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be just a giver in a friendship, it's better to move on from a friendship that one is trying to keep when it's obvious the other person just isn't interested in the same level of care or compassion, it's sad but it is actually freeing to let it go. Being the giver all the time is really emotionally draining, so it's freeing to just let it goooooooo and move on.. not a lot of friends in my life I've had to do that with, but a few - which leads me to not holding on to a husband when it's patently obviously he is not in love with me and to let it go in the beginning, didn't do that with #1 but once out of it - oooh I was so happy! .

The other thing I will never ever do is go to Venice again, it is just a hole, toooooo many people, too much black mold on buildings, the water looks terrible and too many people hawking knockoffs of chanel, vuitton etc, the whole place was really full of tourists and I truly felt claustrophobic! maybe one should go there ONCE in a lifetime.. I almost feel the same about Rome and Florence, but not quite yet, Especially the Uffizi! oh gosh - heaven.

Great question my wonderful Missy! xo

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh and get a sun roof in a car/suv, seriously we have never used it in the last 3 cars at least, it's tooo hot in Texas and it was toooo windy in Maine! ha.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Been thru all 3, so for me it's:

Death, Divorce, Moving - frankly divorce is exactly like a death but the idiot is still around in your life on occasion years later, till he finally get's the message.. Losing my grandmother, my mother, my father, Daisy Dog, my sister, my brother and my aunt has changed me forever and ever and till I either die and there's nothing or I die and I see them, either one, I will mourn till that happens, it's extremely painful, only thing worse would be if one my kids or Auti died.. Moving - after you do it 4-5 times get's easier because you don't care if the couch breaks, all your lamps die, you lose your very expensive Oriental rug etc, BECAUSE you made it to the next place! xoxo

“They” say the top 3 most stressful experiences are:
Moving, divorce and death. I don’t know the order.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I would never bungee jump off a train bridge run by an illegal bungee jumping company. I did this in college, when visiting a friend in Northern California...all because it was an adventurous and fun thing to do.

Now I’m a parent, I cannot fathom doing anything so idiotic.

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What I do not ever want to do again hasn't happened yet. We work in our hometown and live in my late mother's home. In 32 months I will retire and we will make a move to the town that we now call "home" where we have lived in our main residence for the past 27 years.' Downsizing from my mother's home.....I am not really looking forward to it. We have two of everything. But.... I AM trying to stay positive!!

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Get drunk - In my entire life I've been drunk less than a dozen times. It's just not my idea of fun - I have a very low tolerance and I think probably a allergy to certain kinds of alcohol because I can feel dreadful, be sick, and have a hangover after one hard drink. Hangovers are never worth it for me personally. So I stick to my occasional glass or two of wine, beer, and pina coladas or mimosa.

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
I will never get on a boat / ship without motion sickness pills or patch.

The one time I didn't, it took me more than a day to stop throwing up, and 3 days in total for the dizziness and disorientation to go away.

Never ever again!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought I’d never get married again, and I wouldn’t have except my partner decided to change life directions and do a post bac and apply to med school, and wouldn’t have had good enough health insurance during that if we weren’t married. He has regular meds and some chronic health things going on. At this point we technically can get divorced and get him good insurance through his medical school but that would just seem cruel of me, and so much work to boot. The tax breaks are pretty nice too lol.

Personally I would never fly with more flight stops than absolutely necessary. I don’t particularly love flying or airports so as close as a direct flight as I can get, I’m getting! I don’t care how much I can save by taking 3 stops, not worth it.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Get married. Been there, done that. The marriage was abusive, the divorce process was hell.

I just broke up with a boyfriend that I thought would last for life. But he turned out to not be who I thought he was. It hurts like hell. I am so so so so so thankful I didn't get married to him. He understood I didn't want to get married but I know he really wanted to. As painful as the break up is, there is no legal mess to untangle and I was able to make a clean break. It still sucks though. So so so glad I didn't get married a second time.

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a 'thing'. More a list of names - relationships I wish I'd avoided throughout my life. It's not a long list, but it makes for interesting reading.

Last edited:

Rons Wolfe

Shiny_Rock
I'll never get married again. I just married an amazing man, the love of my life. I never want anyone else. The way I see it, if I were to somehow ruin this relationship, I don't deserve anyone. And if something were to happen to him I'd be so devastated I I don't know how I'd go on.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have a small house, only 2 bedrooms and one bath. Back when my daughter was preschool age, I invited someone who was in crisis to live in our heated basement for 2 months during the winter months, until she got back on her feet-- which she did, in the allotted time frame. She went on to create a new life for herself, a new marriage and a second career.

While I am glad we could help her, the intrusion was harder to cope with than I expected. It was hard to get away from her depressed mood and conversation as she processed what had happened to her. My own home stopped feeling like a place of refuge for me. Also, because she used our address for several months for her mail, for years afterward I kept getting dunning phone calls from her creditors.

As a result I won't ever take in a house guest again (unless it's my own daughter visiting us, after she moves out.)

Let someone manipulate me. I was in a relationship with someone who was incredibly manipulative and controlling and I was naive enough to let him completely take over me. I finally walked out of that situation after way too long and realised the worst thing that I can be is not alone, but caged. It’s not just about relationships, but friendships and family as well- no one will do that to me again.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be just a giver in a friendship, it's better to move on from a friendship that one is trying to keep when it's obvious the other person just isn't interested in the same level of care or compassion, it's sad but it is actually freeing to let it go. Being the giver all the time is really emotionally draining, so it's freeing to just let it goooooooo and move on.. not a lot of friends in my life I've had to do that with, but a few - which leads me to not holding on to a husband when it's patently obviously he is not in love with me and to let it go in the beginning, didn't do that with #1 but once out of it - oooh I was so happy! .

The other thing I will never ever do is go to Venice again, it is just a hole, toooooo many people, too much black mold on buildings, the water looks terrible and too many people hawking knockoffs of chanel, vuitton etc, the whole place was really full of tourists and I truly felt claustrophobic! maybe one should go there ONCE in a lifetime.. I almost feel the same about Rome and Florence, but not quite yet, Especially the Uffizi! oh gosh - heaven.

Great question my wonderful Missy! xo

I can so relate to this. Only relatively recently did I experience something very similar. It was a challenging experience and relationship but I definitely came out wiser from it so for that reason it wasn't a total waste. But man, I learned something in my relatively old age that I was fortunate never to have experienced before.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What I do not ever want to do again hasn't happened yet. We work in our hometown and live in my late mother's home. In 32 months I will retire and we will make a move to the town that we now call "home" where we have lived in our main residence for the past 27 years.' Downsizing from my mother's home.....I am not really looking forward to it. We have two of everything. But.... I AM trying to stay positive!!

Good luck Loretta! I hope it goes smoothly!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let someone manipulate me. I was in a relationship with someone who was incredibly manipulative and controlling and I was naive enough to let him completely take over me. I finally walked out of that situation after way too long and realised the worst thing that I can be is not alone, but caged. It’s not just about relationships, but friendships and family as well- no one will do that to me again.

Yes, it can be a very difficult lesson to learn but once learned it is a part of you and those mistakes don't happen again. I am sorry you went through that but you are stronger and better for it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results