missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
An anti bucket list of sorts.

EC2CE594-3E77-4549-BA6A-71009BFE40CE.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ll never order mussels again at a restaurant. I got food poisoning from mussels when we were in Italy. One of the worst experiences ever. I won’t go into details but suffice to say I hope to never repeat that experience again. ::)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go on a rollercoaster that goes upside down, my neck really hurt for hours after that. I’ll also never go on Nemesis at Alton Towers (theme park here), you hit G force which resulted in me :sick: the minute I got off.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Likewise, it is food related.

I shan't eat raw food such as steak tartare mixed with a raw egg yoke within 24h of a long haul flight!

It has not put me off having steak tartare, however, I am more wary about having it in unfamiliar countries outside Europe!

Another one is to chew a raw oyster, never again!

DK :roll2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go on a rollercoaster that goes upside down, my neck really hurt for hours after that. I’ll also never go on Nemesis at Alton Towers (theme park here), you hit G force which resulted in me :sick: the minute I got off.

Sorry you experienced that Austina. That reminds me of the time I went on one of those centripetal force rides. Ugh. I’ll never do that again. I felt like my insides were being squished to death. :knockout:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wedding photos

We had one of those photo days before the wedding to form the wedding album and omg it was a chore!!!!! I don't mind a few photos but there is nothing more irrelevant in life (imo) than posing for a gazillion photos! Unless you're being paid for it!

Never ever ever again!!!

It was worse than giving birth! Birth was at least fast! This was so tedious!!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Likewise, it is food related.

I shan't eat raw food such as steak tartare mixed with a raw egg yoke within 24h of a long haul flight!

It has not put me off having steak tartare, however, I am more wary about having it in unfamiliar countries outside Europe!

Another one is to chew a raw oyster, never again!

DK :roll2:

Yeah. No thanks lol. I’m with you. Yuck.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wedding photos

We had one of those photo days before the wedding to form the wedding album and omg it was a chore!!!!! I don't mind a few photos but there is nothing more irrelevant in life (imo) than posing for a gazillion photos! Unless you're being paid for it!

Never ever ever again!!!

It was worse than giving birth! Birth was at least fast! This was so tedious!!!!

Haha sounds not fun. We didn’t hire a wedding photographer. Our friend took pics. No video either. I didn’t want any intrusion. So I get you.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love rollercoasters and Alton Towers, even sat in the front row of Oblivion by mistake, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

DK :))

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha sounds not fun. We didn’t hire a wedding photographer. Our friend took pics. No video either. I didn’t want any intrusion. So I get you.

You are a wise woman!!!! Very very very wise!!!!

Yikes it was tedious!!!!! As you can see I'm still not over that wasted day of my life!!!! I've had more fun painting the old house with hubby!!!!! Heck cleaning mould with him was more fun than that day!

Ooh we didn't get a video either! Our relationship has evolved so much over the years I am really glad I don't have the wedding video. I don't feel like the two kids who got married were right for each other the way we are today. They are an important part of the past but I don't want to visit the past. Hope that makes sense!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not going to say never never to finding another soulmate/significant other/whatever, however, I am certain that I will not get married again, as I don't really see the point of all the hassles involved.

I shan't say no to a ring though, whatever one would call such a ring! :lol-2:

I am having a ring made that I would like as an ER in 2022, as I doubt if anyone would come along to sweep me off my feet, let alone getting me such a ring! The centre stone has already been cut (a round pink Sapphire by Jeff White), just need to finish paying for it (nearly done), and to finance the setting.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found relocation the most traumatic of all major life events, and I am going to die in this house that I purchased in 2006 than to move again.

The only reason to move would be to move to another property without stairs, however, I am determined to stay in this house for as long as I can.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ll never order mussels again at a restaurant. I got food poisoning from mussels when we were in Italy. One of the worst experiences ever. I won’t go into details but suffice to say I hope to never repeat that experience again. ::)

OMG, sounds absolutely awful! I'm sorry! My mil had the exact same scenario. Mussels in a restaurant in Italy. She actually passed out

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm. Never going to visit my hometown. Or revisit past hobbies. Ride a bike. Travel to the US.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found relocation the most traumatic of all major life events, and I am going to die in this house that I purchased in 2006 than to move again.

The only reason to move would be to move to another property without stairs, however, I am determined to stay in this house for as long as I can.

I cried while we were packing to move to the new house. It was pretty distressing to try and box up 15 years of your life. Ooh my goodness the amount of junk we accumulated over the years. At one point I rang my bestie and declared I was going to die in the hovel because of my inability to pack.

We did it in the end (yaaaay) and I wouldn't say "never" but I really really really don't want to move again.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hijack. I would move often if afforded the chance. I love being in new places and different houses. It's a family trait. We're known as the wanderers. The last time I ate seafood was the last time ever. I'm allergic to it now.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I am done with roller coasters, it seems you get to an age where you can't tolerate the rapid acceleration and loops like in youth, apparently I'm there.

Not having another child/c-section ever, with our last child one of the things that kept me going was knowing I only had to do all that one more time.

Not owing another house again after this one, grateful for the experience but don't want to do this in old age.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, sounds absolutely awful! I'm sorry! My mil had the exact same scenario. Mussels in a restaurant in Italy. She actually passed out

Oh my! I’m sorry. I hope she’s fully recovered.

It was awful. It took about 4 hours for effects to start after I ate the poisoned mussels. I had it at both ends (TMI) and that lasted about 12 hours. We debated going to the hospital but decided not to. After the initial 12 hours I was left with strong muscle aches from all the violent vomiting etc. I felt like I had the flu because of the pain throughout my body for a number of days afterwards. Yup. I remember it (too) we’ll. Happened almost 2 decades ago yet I remember. We cleaned out all the ginger ale from the minibar in Florence.

My friend passed out from eating a dodgy giant oyster!

Seems like iffy seafood really does people in!!!

Oh no! Yeah if you’re interested read Anthony Bourdain’s book. Very eye opening. Some prefer to be in the dark but I, for one, want to keep my eyes wide open. Once (for food poisoning) is (more than) enough.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cried while we were packing to move to the new house. It was pretty distressing to try and box up 15 years of your life. Ooh my goodness the amount of junk we accumulated over the years. At one point I rang my bestie and declared I was going to die in the hovel because of my inability to pack.

We did it in the end (yaaaay) and I wouldn't say "never" but I really really really don't want to move again.

I hate moving. But once we’re settled in it’s all worth it. To me. But omg the process sucks.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I am done with roller coasters, it seems you get to an age where you can't tolerate the rapid acceleration and loops like in youth, apparently I'm there.

Not having another child/c-section ever, with our last child one of the things that kept me going was knowing I only had to do all that one more time.

Not owing another house again after this one, grateful for the experience but don't want to do this in old age.

I feel you. I love rollercoasters. The bigger the drops the better. The faster the better. However I recently went on one and let’s just say my body can’t tolerate it the same. I was nauseous and dizzy. :/

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm. Never going to visit my hometown. Or revisit past hobbies. Ride a bike. Travel to the US.

Awwww
I’ll never get to meet you irl.
:(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

“They” say the top 3 most stressful experiences are:
Moving, divorce and death. I don’t know the order.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not going to say never never to finding another soulmate/significant other/whatever, however, I am certain that I will not get married again, as I don't really see the point of all the hassles involved.

I shan't say no to a ring though, whatever one would call such a ring! :lol-2:

I am having a ring made that I would like as an ER in 2022, as I doubt if anyone would come along to sweep me off my feet, let alone getting me such a ring! The centre stone has already been cut (a round pink Sapphire by Jeff White), just need to finish paying for it (nearly done), and to finance the setting.

Never say never. :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are a wise woman!!!! Very very very wise!!!!

Yikes it was tedious!!!!! As you can see I'm still not over that wasted day of my life!!!! I've had more fun painting the old house with hubby!!!!! Heck cleaning mould with him was more fun than that day!

Ooh we didn't get a video either! Our relationship has evolved so much over the years I am really glad I don't have the wedding video. I don't feel like the two kids who got married were right for each other the way we are today. They are an important part of the past but I don't want to visit the past. Hope that makes sense!

It makes sense!
I occasionally regret having no videos but some friends took amateurish videos so I do have those. I don’t regret not having someone in my face during the ceremony and reception and I felt so happy the entire time. I would have been uncomfortable if I knew I was being filmed etc. It went perfectly for us.❤

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Get married.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Get married.

We’re all so different. I’m the opposite. I’d never say I was going to remain unmarried forever. Which is what I said before I got engaged. That and I was never going to have kids. That I held steadfast to. The marriage thing I caved in to but glad I did.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just adding losing one’s job is right up there too. Not sure of the order.

“They” say the top 3 most stressful experiences are:
Moving, divorce and death. I don’t know the order.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We’re all so different. I’m the opposite. I’d never say I was going to remain unmarried forever. Which is what I said before I got engaged. That and I was never going to have kids. That I held steadfast to. The marriage thing I caved in to but glad I did.

If my dh died, I'd most likely find someone to share life with. I just wouldn't marry him.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If my dh died, I'd most likely find someone to share life with. I just wouldn't marry him.

Same. I’d never marry anyone else. No desire.
I don’t think I’d enjoy dating anymore so if it wasn’t easy to find someone to share the rest of my life with I’d be ok being on my own. Though if I lose my dh I’m not sure I’d want to continue. Not to be morbid but that’s how I feel now.

I guess not the same at all. Lol. Besides not wanting to marry someone else.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results