shape
carat
color
clarity

WF Custom X-prong pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
I found PS randomly through a google search a few months ago and I''ve been lurking ever since, absorbing all sorts of knowledge (who knew there was SO much to know about diamonds!? I''m now totally addicted to this site...)

We chose the ring after our engagement, so I spent some time researching on PS before deciding to go with Whiteflash. They custom made the X-prong setting since I wanted a thinner shank than what''s normally offered, and I''m THRILLED with how it turned out. And as for the stone, it just sparkles like mad!

9.gif

I''ve had the ring about 6 weeks, and finally managed to get a few good pics, so I thought I''d post a few...

And of course, the specs:

. Shape: A Cut Above H&A
. Carat: 0.798
. Depth %: 60.9
. Table %: 55.3
. Crown Angle: 34.5
. Crown %: 15.4
. Star : 52.9
. Pavilion Angle: 40.7
. Pavilion %: 42.9
. Lower Girdle %: 78.9
. Girdle: Thin Faceted
. Measurements: 6.01-6.03X3.67
. Light Performance: 0
. Polish: Ideal
. Symmetry: Ideal
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Negligible

chickpeahandshot.jpg

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
Flower shot...

chickpeaflower1.jpg

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
Profile....

chickpeaflowerside.jpg

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
another flower shot

chickpeaflower.jpg

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Wow you little garbanzo bean! You are quite the photographer! Clear and detailed...perfect. It looks perfect. Your fingers are so elegant looking you could wear a bubble gum machine ring...(sorry too late huh? could have saved a bundle huh?) Congrats on getting a beauty! I really love it!

More pics if you have time!!

DKS

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
and finally, some sparkle!

chickpeabluefire.jpg

angeline

Ideal_Rock
WOw that is gorgeous and so elegant. Congrats!

a

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
Thanks DKS! I''m so happy
9.gif

That''s all the photos for now, but I''ll try to post more later!

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
thanks angeline!

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful chickpea!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful! I think the narrower shank really compliments your stone!

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful! Great flower shot.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
If you don''t mind me asking, what''s your ring size? I would like a similar size stone except I''m getting a halo. I''m trying to figure out how large I can go before it looks ridiculous on my hand. I tried a full carat with a halo once (Ritani) and thought it was way too large. I''m all about proportions. I decided on a .75 at the time, but have since decided on a .80 and have now considered a .90. I tried a few on today and the .90 still looked insanely large so I''m thinking I should drop back down to a .80, but I need some visual perspective. That stone looks large on you!

(geez that was long winded lol)

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2007 7:50:58 PM
Author: MoonWater
If you don''t mind me asking, what''s your ring size? I would like a similar size stone except I''m getting a halo. I''m trying to figure out how large I can go before it looks ridiculous on my hand. I tried a full carat with a halo once (Ritani) and thought it was way too large. I''m all about proportions. I decided on a .75 at the time, but have since decided on a .80 and have now considered a .90. I tried a few on today and the .90 still looked insanely large so I''m thinking I should drop back down to a .80, but I need some visual perspective. That stone looks large on you!

Trust me, MW, you need to make allowance for the dreaded DSS! Go with the .90! DEFINITELY the .90!
31.gif

And Chickpea... GORGEOUS diamond, beautiful ring! Congrats!
36.gif

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2007 8:33:22 PM
Author: Lynn B
Date: 11/11/2007 7:50:58 PM

Author: MoonWater

Trust me, MW, you need to make allowance for the dreaded DSS! Go with the .90! DEFINITELY the .90!
31.gif

And Chickpea... GORGEOUS diamond, beautiful ring! Congrats!
36.gif

Haha, that''s what the guy in the store said! I kept saying, "oh it looks too big doesn''t it" and he was like, after about a week it will shrink, don''t worry.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Very beautiful :)

I love that setting :) it is simple yet different at the same time :)

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful ring and awesome pictures!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous, as are your pictures! Congratulations to you!

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
congrats chickpea - such a pretty ring - love the 3rd pic with the big sparkle

i knooow - this site is v. addictive. what is even worse {kidding of course!} is that PS is full service - pre-engagement, engagement, wedding, and then life afterwards! amazing!

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for your kind words and compliments!

Moonwater, my ring is size 4.75 (though now with the colder weather somtimes I think I should have gotten a 4.5 instead...)
.8 is a nice size (of course, I''m biased
2.gif
). I''ve wondered what a halo would like like with this size stone - if you get one, I''d love to see pics!

Early on, I tried on a lucida at tiffany and found that while I liked the x-prong style, the wider band didn''t appeal (on my hand). Given my smallish finger size and the size of the stone we were getting, I didn''t want the shank to overwhelm. WF made this setting 2.7 mm at the top with a slight taper down, and I think it compliments the stone nicely!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/11/2007 5:53:47 PM
Author: chickpea
Profile....
WOW, I love this ring! ESPECIALLY this shot. The profile is absolutely YUMMY! Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
That has to be my favorite X-prong.
30.gif
30.gif
I''ve always liked this setting, but refrained from chosing it because I thought it looked somewhat bulky... I was afraid my .50ct stone would get lost in it and that it would look too heavy on my 4.5 finger. But this one is perfect! Congrats!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful and very elegant! Congrats!!!

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, everyone! I couldn''t be happier
9.gif

Anchor, that''s exactly how I felt. I was a little nervous about committing to a setting I couldn''t see in person first, but WF did a great job of addressing all our concerns and translating our ideas into the finished ring. It''s just what we wanted
1.gif

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2007 7:45:08 AM
Author: chickpea
Thanks everyone for your kind words and compliments!

Moonwater, my ring is size 4.75 (though now with the colder weather somtimes I think I should have gotten a 4.5 instead...)
.8 is a nice size (of course, I''m biased
2.gif
). I''ve wondered what a halo would like like with this size stone - if you get one, I''d love to see pics!
I wear a size 6 but plan to get a size 6.25 so I can have wiggle room (just in case of pregancy). I will definitely posts pics. Unfortunately I don''t know when I''m getting it!
39.gif
Sometime next year tho!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! The setting definitely compliments the stone!

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
thanks, snlee! i''ve been thinking about what sort of w-band might go well with my ring, and have really been admiring your set!
i love the look of a shared-prong eternity but my only hesitation is the durability factor...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results