shape
carat
color
clarity

West Virginia Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AOmagman78

Rough_Rock
Ok, so I''ve been thinking about asking her for 2 months now, and we planned a weekend getaway at a WV bed and breakfast next week. So I talked to my parents and hers tonight (we''re 21 and 20 and they still foot most of the bill for each of us) and got both approvals. I feel that next weekend is a perfect opportunity, though she''s coming up to see me in a month (my original plan was on the Ferris Wheel at Cedar point, is this a good one? Should I wait?). She kind of thinks I might do it, since we talk about it a lot, but she probably doubts it (mainly because she knows I was scared to ask her father). Anyway, my top choices for proposal ideas are:

A: Just in the room or deck with a bottle of wine and some candles, kind of impromptu. The rooms are pretty romantic and this would give us tons of time to just talk about it and enjoy the moment. I know she''ll be smiling for roughly 3 hours afterward so if we''re in the room it gives her plenty of time to enjoy the moment.

B: On a hike, probably at the top. Pros: romantic, Cons: We have to walk back afterward and we may be tired or gross and sweaty, so not so sure that''s a good idea. But at the same time it''s kind of a neat location and very secluded.

C: A picnic somewhere outside of town. I like this idea the most. If I do it at the beginning it gives us plenty of time to talk without having to do anything right away except eat. I got this idea from the forum and I like it. Unfortunately it banks on good weather, which I don''t know if we''ll have or not.

D: At breakfast. It''s a bed and breakfast, so there will be lots of people around. She is totally shy, and I''m not crazy about the idea, but I think it would just make for an awesome story. We''re all about stories and events and proposing in front of lots of people would really show how much I love her and it''d make for a great story later on. She''d be embarrassed but I think looking back she would appreciate it a lot.

These are my best ideas so far. I''d love to hear others. I am totally excited about all of this! My biggest fear was calling her dad, still can''t believe I did it, whew. I know she''s going to say yes, so the real thing is just making it totally special. WV is in between the both of us, I''m in Ohio for the summer and she''s in S. Carolina, so it''s kind of a cool ''location'' engagement that hopefully someday we can go back to. So for that reason I want to do it a little early on in the vacation so it''s not like "Will you marry me? Cool, see ya!" Anyway, any inputs or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I''m totally cheesy romantic and she LOVES that stuff, so I''m open to any kind of corny suggestions!

Muster Bartin

Rough_Rock
You know, option B is actually what I'm going for. I have a similar post in that respect (Mount Marcy Proposal - Thoughts?) and I think personally it's a great way to propose. Most people try the restaurant idea, romantic trip to another country, at a public event, etc. so in a way it's all too ordinary even though it's not. The reason I like the hike idea is that it can be scenic (and therefore romantic despite the sweat) and will really catch her by surprise because she would be too focused on the hike and/or the view to really expect it. Just my two cents...

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
Any of those options are wonderful!!!!! I think if the weather''s good, Option C is great, and if it''s not so good, an impromptu private dinner proposal is lovely! I say, go with the muse, but no matter what, just tell her you love her and ask her to marry you. She''ll be so shocked no matter what.

As much as I sensed a proposal was coming in the coming weeks, FI proposed to me at a restaurant on an important anniversary for us, and arranged to sit in the same booth we were in before. It was so lovely! As much as I thought that it might be coming (he was so sweet and romantic and sentimental all day), the moment he asked me was a complete shock and blur. A lot of brides experience this at the moment of proposal, as much as they know it''s eventually going to happen.

Keep us posted on what you decide! I love the thought that you can go back there together in the future after you''re married. How romantic!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results