shape
carat
color
clarity

We''re postponing the wedding

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Just too much going on financially this year, and now my 3-year-old needs oral surgery to remove one of her front teeth. She banged her mouth on the hardwood floor back in September, the tooth died, and now it''s begun to abcess. Gotta have it removed. That''s going to be at least a $2,500 bill (and that''s just the deductible portion). Her father has not exactly been helping out with medical bills, so I know this is going to have to come out of my pocket. There goes any money for a deposit on a rental so we can move in together, and forget about a $$$$$ wedding!

Ugh.

Margot

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 2:30:16 PM
Author:Winks_Elf
Just too much going on financially this year, and now my 3-year-old needs oral surgery to remove one of her front teeth. She banged her mouth on the hardwood floor back in September, the tooth died, and now it''s begun to abcess. Gotta have it removed. That''s going to be at least a $2,500 bill (and that''s just the deductible portion). Her father has not exactly been helping out with medical bills, so I know this is going to have to come out of my pocket. There goes any money for a deposit on a rental so we can move in together, and forget about a $$$$$ wedding!

Ugh.
So sorry to hear about that. I stress about where I am going to come up with the money for a wedding because I will be the one footing the bill. It will happen though. :) I hope your little one recovers soon!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
One day at a time, honey! One day at a time. Ruby will be fine, but it''s just a matter of paying off the bill when it comes.

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
Aww, I''m so sorry!
7.gif

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sorry to hear about your difficulties. Hope your little one gets better soon!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww I''m sorry, that really stinks
7.gif
I''m sorry about Ruby, I hope she feels better soon.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear. It''s a tough year for sure to be having all the expenses associated with a wedding. I hope your little one feels better soon.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, Winks, that''s really awful. I hope things pick up soon for you. Is your daughter''s name Ruby? It''s such a sweet name!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry Winks. Everything will be ok.

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
Awww bummer
8.gif
I''m so sorry for both you and your daughter!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no...that''s not good. I hope you little girl is better soon.

The wedding will be even more worth while when it finally happens.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry about your little girl, I hope she''s ok! That stinks.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear about that! Its been such a rough year for so many.
7.gif
Any chance you guys could have some kind of small private ceremony to make it legal and then have something bigger and fancier when there''s more money?

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m really sorry to hear that. Sending hugs.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear that! Hugs to you and Ruby!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/15/2009 2:55:15 PM
Author: kama_s
Aww, Winks, that''s really awful. I hope things pick up soon for you. Is your daughter''s name Ruby? It''s such a sweet name!

Yes, my daughters are Ruby (3) and Kimberly (almost 9...means diamond). My daughters are my gems!
9.gif

I also have two sons.
16.gif

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/15/2009 3:45:42 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
7.gif
Any chance you guys could have some kind of small private ceremony to make it legal and then have something bigger and fancier when there''s more money?

I think we may wind up doing that, and not tell anyone in the family we got married. It would be for the benefits.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Winks, sorry to hear about your postponement. I hope your daughter''s oral surgery goes well. How old are your sons?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Melissa -- I''m so sorry to hear this! I hope you find a way to get married sooner rather than later, with your loved ones in attendance.

As one who broke three teeth as a youngster, I had to smile (and wince) when I read about the "why." Best wished for your little girl!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I am sorry to hear about this!!! I hope she gets better soon!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry to hear about your little one. I hope she gets well soon. I am so glad we have the NHS over here. It would be awful to have a big bill like that to worry about.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear this Winks
14.gif
Your poor baby...

We''re here for you. (((hugs)))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/15/2009 5:22:21 PM
Author: Winks_Elf

Date: 4/15/2009 3:45:42 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
7.gif

I think we may wind up doing that, and not tell anyone in the family we got married. It would be for the benefits.
That''s a great idea! Just get married and have a big receptin and vow renewal when you can afford it!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I am sorry to hear this Winks
7.gif

What a bummer!

We actually have a lot in common though.
1. My son fell at Legoland and lost a tooth when he was 18 months. It turned black and they had to pull the root
14.gif

2. Ruby is the name I was going to use for my last baby (if I ever have it) b/c it was my Grandfather''s name. His name was Rubin and my Grandma called him Ruby.
3. One of our first dates was at Cafe Reggio

I hope things start looking up for you
35.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry Winks.
7.gif
I hope your little one gets well
7.gif

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Wink since you are not married yet and you have 4 kids, look into seeing if the hospital offers financial assistance, they might do things on a sliding scale and can offer you a discount. Also you could apply for Medical Assistance for them since they are minors.

Something to look into.

Sorry to hear about your wedding being postponed!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear that your wedding will be postponed (unless you secretly get married). Hope your Ruby will be ok and those medical bills get paid, honey. Take care.
1.gif

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Aww, I''m sorry, what an unfortunate thing to happen.
15.gif
I hope things start looking up for you soon.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Melissa,

I hope your little Ruby feels better soon.

I''m sorry to hear about your wedding plans. Sometimes, when you have to put things off for a little while, even better things are waiting in the wings.

Take care...

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 2:55:15 PM
Author: kama_s
Aww, Winks, that's really awful. I hope things pick up soon for you. Is your daughter's name Ruby? It's such a sweet name!

I'm so sorry Winks! It seems such a shame to have to postpone your wedding.
7.gif

I'm glad your bub will be okay.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results