shape
carat
color
clarity

We're ENGAGED!!

Ganesha

Shiny_Rock
Hello ladies,

The last few days have been a whirlwind, but I'm so happy and excited to share that as of last Monday evening I'm engaged to the love of my life! And the ring is more beautiful than I could have ever hoped or imagined. :love:

The proposal was perfect—sweet, intimate, and heartfelt. I arrived home from work to find a spotless apartment, a dozen red roses, a delightful bottle of pinot, and my handsome boyfriend dressed to the nines (vest, tie, and antique pocketwatch!). I was touched and surprised and immediately asked the occasion, which he played down (he often brings home flowers or cooks an elaborate dinner for no reason in particular) but before long, my darling was down on one knee, saying the most romantic things and asking me to marry him. Of course I said a tearful yes! And then he slipped the ring on my finger.

Being a Pricescoper, I couldn't help but be somewhat involved in the process of choosing a ring. Last Christmas, he asked me to teach him how to select a diamond (should the occasion ever arise ;-) ) so I compiled a guide of all my PS-gleaned knowledge. We looked at many rings in person, and continued to browse online. As I would come across new sparklies that caught my fancy, I'd forward them to him. Often, these additions would contradict things I'd said before... what can I say? My taste is subjective and somewhat unpredictable, especially when it comes to the vintage aesthetic I love... :wink2:

By February, he'd found THE stone and although he intended to keep me completely in the dark, my wide-ranging tastes caused him to second guess his decision and he asked for my blessing before making the purchase. I gave him a resounding yes! During the setting design process, he also broke down and showed me the CADs but as before, I could only approve his choices. From then on, he really did keep me in the dark—I've known he's had the ring for months now, but never glimpsed even an image until he proposed. Seeing this stunning ring in person during the most special moment of my life was the best kind of surprise.

Long story short, I taught him what I could and the resulting ring is HIS vision. It's more beautiful and more 'me' than anything I could have chosen myself. It's a 1.43 L VS2 August Vintage Cushion from Good Old Gold, and the setting was custom made in platinum by Brian Gavin Diamonds. A big thank you to both these outstanding vendors for helping create the ring of my dreams!

We're so happy and excited! I feel truly lucky to be able to spend the rest of my life with the most wonderful man, my perfect match.

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Stunning! Congrats!!!!

RebeccaMUA

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!! That ring is absolutely gorgeous!!!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!! Congratulations!

sjm

Rough_Rock
Lovely story, stunning ring!! Congratulations! Wishing you both much happiness!!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Congrats :appl: gorgeous avc - bet that beauty deserves a comprehensive SMTB thread :cheeky:

DuckLovingVegan

Shiny_Rock
Congrats and your ring is absolutely beautiful!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow! I love that it's an AVC L color in a pave type halo setting! Congrats and wear it in good health!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Yeah! Congratulations!

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
I love AVCs!! Congrats!!!

aliceinwonderland

Shiny_Rock
Your rings is beautiful! I love the profile. Congratulations!
Alice

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what a rock! Congrats!!!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
So pretty! It looks huge in that teeny little finger of yours! What's your ring size?

Ganesha

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much, centralsquare, RebeccaMUA, mary poppins, sjm, DuckLovingVegan (adorable name, btw!), pregcurious, *Twinkle* and wishfuldreamer!!

Blackpaw: Thanks! Stay tuned... :naughty:

Amys Bling: I love the L color too! In some lights, it has a gorgeous candlelight warmth, and in others it's nearly as white as the F/G sidestones. It always picks up and reflects the colors around it—I love seeing the little flashes of blue, green and pink!

aliceinwonderland: The profile view is one of my favorite details, too!

tuffyluvr: I'm still getting used to how substantial it looks on my hand! My ring size is 4.75.

Thanks again ladies! Couldn't be happier!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats on your engagement and your gorgeous ring! It sounds like you and FI make a great team!

Ganesha

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, yennyfire!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
wow, that is a beautiful ring! many congratulations on your engagement :)

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE your ring!!! Gorgeous! We need more pics! And your fiance 'done good'! ;)) Congratulations!

OrchidVee

Rough_Rock
Congrats!!!! Beautiful!!!

TwinkleStar

Shiny_Rock
Ganesha, that is STUNNING!!! Your ring is making me fall in love with cushion halos (August Vintage versions no doubt).

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

moosemom

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations to the both of you! Your ring is stunningl. I am considering an L colored AVC and seeing how beautiful it looks and how happy you are with is great to hear. May you always wear your new ring in health and happiness.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is absolutely gorgeous!!!! :love: I love AVC's, and I think the halo is perfect with the warmer center stone!

Magpie09

Shiny_Rock
Congrats :appl: Your ring is gorgeous!

Ganesha

Shiny_Rock
thank you, slg47, OrchidVee and TwinkleStar!

Ara Ann, thanks! just updated my SMTB thread with more pics!

moosemom, i suspect you'd be very happy with an L AVC! the color gives it so much personality--it looks different in every lighting condition. and the cut is beyond stunning! i say go for it!

thanks so much diamondseeker and Magpie09!

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Your ring is stunning!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results