shape
carat
color
clarity

Went to GOG

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ladies,
It's been a while since I've updated you. Not much has changed, except for my family moving to Miami, utter school confusion, reaching over 2 years with BF, and going to GOG with him today. We got there about ten minutes before closing, so there was much more pressure than anticipated-- barely got to look around at all. GOG has a great storefront and they're all genuinely helpful and knowledgeable-- so thumbs up there. But being there and having to say "engagement ring" in front of a store of people felt truly ridiculous. So, ultimately, the ladies who lovingly "attacked" me with their wisdom here a few months ago, were partially right-- I'm not ready. Do I love BF and feel like I could genuinely spend the rest of my life with him? Absolutely. Can I actually see us getting married any time soon? Absolutely not.

We both felt the same way, and although we still see ourselves going toward that goal... it's nowhere near as close as I had thought just last night. Being there together truly felt like a joke. I had to bite my lip from laughing. There was a lot of "what am I doing here?" The woman helping us was talking about WG maintenance, how usually women just get it replated before the wedding pictures. I guess hearing it out of a strangers mouth made me realize how incredibly silly it sounded. Us? Getting married? :lol:

All in all, good epiphany, but saddened feelings. I knew we wouldn't marry anytime soon due to age, etc., but after his original proposal (10 months into our relationship), I felt that a ring would at least signify a commitment. Today I realized that we don't need a ring for that, we're obviously committed. Ultimately, I could re-convince myself :roll: that it would make a difference, but what would be the point of that?

Aside from all of that, our Valentines Day started early and he got me the most beautiful and sweetest flowers and candy. He apparently went to the florist with our information to pick out a bouquet that is US. They didn't have Lily of the Valley, my birth month flower, but they had another GORGEOUS Lily which is in the bouquet, White Carnations-- apparently January flowers, our anniversary and his birthday. Also, pink roses, daisies, and some other flowers-- so thoughtful I practically burst. He's wonderful and I'm glad to have him in my life, engaged or not.

Have a wonderful Valentine's Day ladies! Hope you've all been doing well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results