shape
carat
color
clarity

Well, Now Brett Kavanaugh Can Face His Accuser

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To all the conservatives, you sound like GIANT hypocrites. I'm just going to leave this right here. I know you think THIS is ok but the "dems" are the obstructionists. What a bunch of crap. I will not waste any more of my breath arguing with any of you, you are all broken records. You know what they say- repeat a lie often enough and you start to believe it. :lol:

I can't wait till this piece of dog s*** is gone.

Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 5.48.01 PM.png

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I realize you didn't post this to have a productive discussion, but I'm going to respond anyway.
Lol. I could say that about many of the posts here. ;)2

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wait a second. You're saying these guys AREN'T credible journalists?! I'm confused!

img.jpg

hannity-crime-family.jpg

Screen-Shot-2018-05-30-at-21.08.01.jpg

g3ibk8rrxebvv78vmxb9.jpg
Those guys don't claim to be journalists. He will be interviewed by Martha Mccallum.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see the jury has already voted and he is guilty.

Why do we need to hear any testimony? Oh right, it's America and not Alice in Wonderland.

He's not on trial.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Martha MacCallum is conducting the Kavanaugh interview tonight on Fox News. Isn’t she the one who came running to defend Roger Ailes? Looks like they picked the right person to interview him SMDH.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This just gets better and better. Kavanaugh is arguing that he didn't do any of these things because....wait for it.....he was a virgin.

I seriously can't make up this stuff. That's the level of idiot we're at now. :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you serious????

So let me guess. He waited to have sex but putting his d#$k in a woman’s face while drunk is perfectly acceptable. It just matters that you stay a virgin.

Does Kavanaugh call his wife “mother” too?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is with these women who stand there after they find out the awful things their husband has done?
IDK, Maybe you should ask HRC. :whistle:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This just gets better and better. Kavanaugh is arguing that he didn't do any of these things because....wait for it.....he was a virgin.

I seriously can't make up this stuff. That's the level of idiot we're at now. :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:
Why is that a bad thing? How do you know he wasn't? Is there something wrong with someone waiting to have sex? Or is it that you won't believe anything he says and he is already guilty in your eyes?

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The woman in the Kavanaugh commercials (Louisa Garry) has rescinded her endorsement of Kavanaugh.

If I’m not mistaken the commercial began with her saying she has known Kavanaugh for 35 years. Even his friends are jumping ship. That doesn’t look for Kavanaugh.

Last edited:

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MollyMalone I appreciate the historical perspective. Have any of those incidents had the circumstances, influences, polarization, etc. (the right words are escaping me right now, sorry) that THIS investigation has had? I’m asking as it pertains to the leaks, etc., because in prior administrations (e.g. 15+ years ago), my observation is that lips in Washington were ‘tighter’ then, so not as prevalent as recent years.

And in any of them, has someone (e.g. the President) been removed from office, had their power limited, etc., before an indictment/charge was handed down for either himself or a member of their staff, etc? I was a little young for most of them, so I don’t know off hand.
15 years ago, little more than 50% of the households in the US had any sort of Internet access; 21 years ago less than 20% of American households had 'net access. So there wasn't the widespread audience, and the multitudes of online sites seeking to feed audience appetites, that there are currently. Plus, it's human nature to generally seek validation of one's views, and there are now countless sites where one's confirmatory bias -- no matter where you stand on socio-political spectrums -- can be nourished nonstop 24/7. A huge difference between the not-so-distant past and present.

Take a look at this Watergate scandal timeline & you'll see that a number of White House officials/associates/confederates were indicted (with a goodly percentage of them convicted, after trial or by their guilty pleas) in the 2 years preceding Nixon's resignation on the heels of the House Judiciary Committee's approval of articles of impeachment, but before the full House voted on the impeachment articles.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_Watergate_scandal

IIRC there were no indictments arising out of Clinton's White House tenure or anyone within his prior Governor's office; Watergate was a corporation created in the late 1970s. But the nature-number of leaks from Ken Starr-his Office of Independent Counsel was troubling to criminal litigators, both defense attorneys and prosecutors. I remember attending a professional ethics program largely devoted to that. Although the Drudge Report had launched in 1995/96, it burst into national attention in early 1998 when it was the first to publish the DC scuttlebutt about Clinton and Ms. Lewinsky.

Last edited:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Because he "was a virgin"?!

Oh give me a f***ing break :rolleyes:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hubby: "I can see why. Who the hell wants to have sex with someone who wags their d*** in their face?"

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MollyMalone I appreciate the background, and understand many of those cases predated the internet & 24-hour news cycles (God how I sometimes long for those simpler times! LOL).

I guess my question really is this: in any case where the President was the subject (primary or secondary) of an investigation, has his constitutional authority/powers ever been diminished, reduced, etc. before charges/indictments were handed down?

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the answer to that is no. Fortunately this kind of thing is very rare. Unfortunately it appears that the impeachment process is ill-equiped to deal with this situation, where the sitting president and sitting congress are of the same party and congress doe not want an investigation.

It will be interesting to see what congress response will be when Trump gets rid of Rosenstein. Trump can't fire Mueller. But he can get rid of the person who can fire Mueller (Rosenstein) and replace him with someone who will do Trump's bidding. Republicans said there will be hell to pay if Trump does that. We'll see.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/12/us/politics/trump-rosenstein-mueller-russia.html

eta, I guess the rumor now, is Trump is planning to "clean house" at the DOJ and FBI after the midterm elections.

Last edited:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/23/kavanaugh-ford-lindsey-graham-837391

I'm not trying to be mean, but it is what it is....

All these "good ol' boys" are old. They will be dead soon. No one coming up wants to associate themselves with their archaic way of thinking, theirraisedinthesouthitsmyheritagelonglivedixie way of doing things, their women on a shelf, have you accepted Jesus as your lord and savior, pullyourselfupbyyourbootstrapsunlessWEneedmoney hypocritical tired ass talking points. The GOP has painted themselves into a corner and they are done. Mark my words. Beto O'Rourke is going to win Texas. Democrats are going to take the house. The Senate is next. Trump will either blow a heart or get impeached.

Times change. I bet you money some of these idiots still ________ to the Jim Crow laws. I don't know how anyone can listen to McConnell and Graham and say "Yeah. This is my guy."

We are the laughing stock of the free world right now. And 30% of this country thinks that's just fine. It's like they crawled out for the county fair and never went back home. I don't get it. All because they could NEVER conceive of a woman (the MOST qualified candidate in presidential HISTORY) getting elected after 8 years of the "black guy."

So they voted for a f-ing reality TV show host and made him President. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

And before you all get your panties in a bunch- I have a REAL story for you. My father voted for this moron. He was a blue collar worker his whole life. Has used the n-word his whole life. Whined about Obama and his environmental regulations and how it was hurting his boss's company for years and that's why he voted for Trump- the company ignored the regulations. A year later he and 6 of his friends were diagnosed with cancer and they all worked in the trenches cleaning out these mixers. NOW he wants to talk about how they all got cancer because they were never told to use masks and the regulations weren't tight enough and wants to hire a lawyer to "look into it." After he probably sat in that office with his buddies calling Obama a n****r and saying "F*** OSHA." I mean, how do you constantly vote against your OWN interests EVERY time???

BUT. You know what he always says about Trump? Wait for it....."But my 401k is doing really good." How far is that 401k gonna get you if you are dead? If Ryan and the rest of the ghouls cut your SS and Medicare?

Since he is MY father, I can tell you exactly what he is REALLY hinking about Trump: "He's white. He's racist. And he says what I think but can't say in public."

And it's why I have distanced myself and my children from my parents. It's that serious for me. It's not just politics. It's teaching my kids to not be f-ing a** holes.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup! One of the most disturbing things since this entire farce of an election began isn't just what we leaned about Trump. It's about what we learned about our friends and family too.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup! One of the most disturbing things since this entire farce of an election began isn't just what we leaned about Trump. It's about what we learned about our friends and family too.

LOVE this one: "I voted for Trump because he's not a politician."

Shit hits the fan and they go FULL conservative. You argue back. Them: "WHY do you have to make everything political???"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why is that a bad thing? How do you know he wasn't? Is there something wrong with someone waiting to have sex? Or is it that you won't believe anything he says and he is already guilty in your eyes?

Nothing wrong with being a virgin, and of course nothing wrong with waiting. My issue with this "argument" from Kav is that it has NOTHING TO DO with the accusations (at least until the last few hours). Up until a few hours ago, he had been accused of attempted rape, and sexual assault related to shoving his p*nis in someone's face. Thus, how is it relevant that he was a virgin? It's just moronic.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing wrong with being a virgin, and of course nothing wrong with waiting. My issue with this "argument" from Kav is that it has NOTHING TO DO with the accusations (at least until the last few hours). Up until a few hours ago, he had been accused of attempted rape, and sexual assault related to shoving his p*nis in someone's face. Thus, how is it relevant that he was a virgin? It's just moronic.
Thanks for clarifying your thoughts.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
by the_mother_thing » Today at 8:29 PM @MollyMalone ***I guess my question really is this: in any case where the President was the subject (primary or secondary) of an investigation, has his constitutional authority/powers ever been diminished, reduced, etc. before charges/indictments were handed down?
Not sure how to answer without asking some questions of my own. E.g., do you consider judicially-imposed limitations on the validity of a President's invocation of executive privilege -- or the War Powers Resolution Act of 1973 (passed by Congressional override of Nixon's veto) -- to be a diminishment of the Presidential authority conferred by the Constitution? If so, the answer is Yes.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of an example of how Trump's constitutional authority has been diminished in a novel way. But maybe you have an example, or more than one, and that's why you're asking?

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If what I’ve read tonight is true, it seems this could be the just the tip of the iceberg for Kavanaugh. It sounds like more people will be be coming forward.

Why do these republicans continue to lie in today’s world where things can easily be found out and people can fairly easily be tracked down. Pure stupidity. The whole virgin confession thing tonight was ridiculously. How does being a virgin prevent from him putting his penis in a woman’s face and t having is friend hold a woman down while he had is hand over her mouth trying to remove her closes? If these allegation are true, the man is a disgusting pig.

Tomorrow may be a very interesting day.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I saw that Mr. Avenatti is going to be bringing another victim out to the public in the next 2 days. No wonder McConnell was so determined to vote on the guy before anyone could find out anything.
I thought it was odd that a judge went on fox news to say he didn't do anything. I watched the body language of his wife. She was there and "supporting" him. I don't think she believes he didn't do it.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After reading all this I need two pieces of pie and an aspirin.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a slice of pumpkin pie after dinner and it was delicious. Really feels like fall now.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results