shape
carat
color
clarity

Well, I’ve had the vaccine, anyone else?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband and I got the first dose of the Moderna vaccine today and have been scheduled for the 2nd dose.
No local irritation yet (I expect the injection site may be sore later, though) and no other side effects.

Connecticut has just announced that they are going to roll out the vaccine by age categories rather than other criteria. However educators and professional childcare providers will have their own, dedicated clinic in March.

Are you, also, in Connecticut? I knew YadaYadaYada was. I just got my first dose (see post 707). It was the Pfizer. Connecticut is moving very quickly and efficiently now.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just this morning received emails rescheduling my mom's and my 2nd vaccine shots ... relieved to actually have appointments ... although it would have been better for us if they'd rescheduled us for the same day/time (our 1st shot appts were same day/same time at a drive-through vaccine super center, and the appts we initially scheduled for our 2nd shot were also same day/same time) ... but we're grateful to have the appts and will do the best we can ... my mom did have a reaction after the 1st shot so we do expect she'll have another reaction perhaps longer/worse ... I'll reschedule my 2nd shot (which is 2 days after my mom's) if I feel I cannot leave her for the several hours my appt would take ... if she's relatively stable, my DH will take off from work that afternoon to be with her while I go get the shot.

Best wishes to all of you dealing with vaccine delays and logistics and tiers and reactions ... I tell myself times are tough but this too shall pass.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And we just got called a little while ago to get our first dose woohoo. On our way now for Moderna.

:appl:

Still no invite for me.

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl:

Still no invite for me.

DK :))

I hope you get called very soon @dk168.

Thank you @Austina. Slowly but surely everyone is getting vaccinated...I cannot wait til everyone who wants to get vaccinated can.

Just this morning received emails rescheduling my mom's and my 2nd vaccine shots ... relieved to actually have appointments ... although it would have been better for us if they'd rescheduled us for the same day/time (our 1st shot appts were same day/same time at a drive-through vaccine super center, and the appts we initially scheduled for our 2nd shot were also same day/same time) ... but we're grateful to have the appts and will do the best we can ... my mom did have a reaction after the 1st shot so we do expect she'll have another reaction perhaps longer/worse ... I'll reschedule my 2nd shot (which is 2 days after my mom's) if I feel I cannot leave her for the several hours my appt would take ... if she's relatively stable, my DH will take off from work that afternoon to be with her while I go get the shot.

Best wishes to all of you dealing with vaccine delays and logistics and tiers and reactions ... I tell myself times are tough but this too shall pass.

I am glad they rescheduled you both and I hope the timing works out for you and your mom doesn't have too much of a reaction.

Perfect Missy :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Thank you @kipari, you and your family remain in my thoughts.

Are you, also, in Connecticut? I knew YadaYadaYada was. I just got my first dose (see post 707). It was the Pfizer. Connecticut is moving very quickly and efficiently now.
@AGBF woohoo I am so glad you got vaccinated.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We went to Costco afterwards and now just waiting for my telemedicine call.

Wishing everyone an easy and prompt vaccination.

covidvaccination.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Currently, where we are, it looks like it could be late summer (!!!) for us! Words fail me. Polite words, that is. :wall:

Ugh I hope you can get vaccinated sooner...fingers crossed for you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh balls. Not even 8 hours have passed and I'm already getting aches and chills. Nooooo!

Dose one and I have chills and aches and started about 10 hours after the vaccination. Sore arm started a few hours after the vaccine. Greg just has a sore arm and is fatigued.

How are you doing now @AnastasiaBeaverhausen?
How is everyone else doing who recently got dose one or two?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So yesterday Greg's vaccinator was an MD and he said that he believes future studies will show the longer one waits between vaccinations dose one and two the better the protection. I am sharing this to ease the minds of those who are perhaps going to have to wait a bit longer between dose one and two. That includes @MamaBee @marymm @SparklieBug @Austina and anyone else. It might prove to be a beneficial thing waiting longer than 3-4 weeks between doses.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got a text with a link and booked my first injection for next Friday 05 Mar 2021, woo hoo!

DK :appl:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So yesterday Greg's vaccinator was an MD and he said that he believes future studies will show the longer one waits between vaccinations dose one and two the better the protection. I am sharing this to ease the minds of those who are perhaps going to have to wait a bit longer between dose one and two. That includes @MamaBee @marymm @SparklieBug @Austina and anyone else. It might prove to be a beneficial thing waiting longer than 3-4 weeks between doses.

My vaccinator was also an MD. I am mentioning it because she was so wonderful. I asked her what she usually did. She works in Rehabilitation Medicine for Yale New Haven Hospital. (I did not ask her specialization.) I thanked her for putting in time doing this work and she told me that it was fun and they were all delighted to do it and to take part in the effort.

Since I got the Pfizer vaccine which has a three week waiting period between doses, not a span like Moderna, I don't think I have the option of waiting. I am not thrilled that a decision has been made to store the Pfizer at warmer temperatures than was recommended. Who did that and with what scientific data to back up that it will still work?

"Federal regulators have informed Pfizer and BioNTech that they plan to approve the companies’ request to store their vaccine at standard freezer temperatures instead of in ultra-cold conditions, potentially expanding the number of sites that could administer shots, according to two people familiar with the companies who spoke on condition of anonymity.

The Food and Drug Administration is expected to announce new guidance to providers as early as Tuesday, modifying documents related to the emergency use authorization that was previously granted for the vaccine, they said.

Pfizer and BioNTech, its German partner, said Friday that they had submitted new data to the F.D.A. showing their vaccine could be safely stored at -13 to 5 degrees Fahrenheit for up to two weeks. That could open up the possibility that smaller pharmacies and doctors’ offices could administer shots using their existing refrigerators or freezers.

Regulators had previously approved distribution only if the vaccine was stored in freezers that kept it between -112 and -76 degrees Fahrenheit. Pfizer ships its vials in specially designed containers that can be used as temporary storage for up to 30 days, then refilled with dry ice every five days. The vaccine can be refrigerated for up to five days in a standard refrigerator if it had not yet been diluted for use in patients."

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My vaccinator was also an MD. I am mentioning it because she was so wonderful. I asked her what she usually did. She works in Rehabilitation Medicine for Yale New Haven Hospital. (I did not ask her specialization.) I thanked her for putting in time doing this work and she told me that it was fun and they were all delighted to do it and to take part in the effort.

Since I got the Pfizer vaccine which has a three week waiting period between doses, not a span like Moderna, I don't think I have the option of waiting. I am not thrilled that a decision has been made to store the Pfizer at warmer temperatures than was recommended. Who did that and with what scientific data to back up that it will still work?

I think it is fine to store it at regular freezer temps once it’s shipped. They made sure it was viable. Both our vaccinators were wonderful. We are impressed with how smoothly it went and how excellent the people working there (volunteers) are. We thanked everyone profusely. ❤️

Dose one and I have chills and aches and started about 10 hours after the vaccination. Sore arm started a few hours after the vaccine. Greg just has a sore arm and is fatigued.

Thank you for asking, @missy! I'm feeling better. Arm is still sore so sleep last night was rough. But the aches and chills seem to be subsiding.

Hope you and Greg are feeling better today, too!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My BIL had the Pfizer on Monday and had some sweats overnight. My sister is trying to get appts for my Mother and her in-laws. Challenging to say the least.

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My BIL had the Pfizer on Monday and had some sweats overnight.

You are making me think. There was one night when i drenched my pillow and pajamas with sweat. I assumed it was because I had left the electric blanket on. It's possible that I wanted to comfort myself with the electric blanket after getting the vaccination (alhough my only symptom was a sore arm) then sweat from the vaccine. It never occurred to me and now I have no idea what night that happened!

Demon

Brilliant_Rock

Glad you and your husband got yours. And everyone else that got it.

I got my first dose of Moderna on Tuesday. Sore arm, possible slight fever (not enough of one to make me take my temp, if I did have a fever) but slept fitfully and woke up hot and sweaty once last night. Today, arm is a little less sore, and I've felt like the aftermath of the flu - no energy and like I'd just been really sick. I think by tomorrow the effects will be gone. I get the second dose 3/23.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I just got Pfizer! Our school district did a first come first serve email this am! and I was one of the first to reply! Luckily it was a 10 min drive bc I was able to take the first available appointment. It looks like they allocated 100 doses per day for my district and only 3 of us came in!! Crazy! But it might have something to do with their appt process. They first called me back at 1 and said I could come in today at 2:30. Then they called back at 1:45 and said it was for tomorrow but I insisted that it was for today so they allowed me to come in. Very disorganized! But I heard the nurses saying that all the doses were gonna go to waste so I said, my hubby is here can he get one. And they said if there’s extra yes. So we are waiting for him. Meanwhile my arm feels sore already! ETA: looks like he is in!

Last edited:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I wanted to add that after my hubby got his vaccine they were closing and they had one dude left. They told him do you know anyone who wants it? So I texted my DD and she was with her dad. She asked if her dad could have it and they said if he can get here in 10 min. The stars lined up and he was there in 7! I am sooo happy for him and hubby bc they have been working non stop in the pandemic! It pays to stalk clinics during right before closing time!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I just got Pfizer! Our school district did a first come first serve email this am! and I was one of the first to reply! Luckily it was a 10 min drive bc I was able to take the first available appointment. It looks like they allocated 100 doses per day for my district and only 3 of us came in!! Crazy! But it might have something to do with their appt process. They first called me back at 1 and said I could come in today at 2:30. Then they called back at 1:45 and said it was for tomorrow but I insisted that it was for today so they allowed me to come in. Very disorganized! But I heard the nurses saying that all the doses were gonna go to waste so I said, my hubby is here can he get one. And they said if there’s extra yes. So we are waiting for him. Meanwhile my arm feels sore already! ETA: looks like he is in!

So I wanted to add that after my hubby got his vaccine they were closing and they had one dude left. They told him do you know anyone who wants it? So I texted my DD and she was with her dad. She asked if her dad could have it and they said if he can get here in 10 min. The stars lined up and he was there in 7! I am sooo happy for him and hubby bc they have been working non stop in the pandemic! It pays to stalk clinics during right before closing time!

Woohoo! Congratulations @nala The stars did align! So happy for both of you!

Glad you and your husband got yours. And everyone else that got it.

I got my first dose of Moderna on Tuesday. Sore arm, possible slight fever (not enough of one to make me take my temp, if I did have a fever) but slept fitfully and woke up hot and sweaty once last night. Today, arm is a little less sore, and I've felt like the aftermath of the flu - no energy and like I'd just been really sick. I think by tomorrow the effects will be gone. I get the second dose 3/23.

Thank you and glad you got it too. We are on the same schedule as our second dose is the 23rd too and we got our first dose Feb 23rd this past Tuesday.

And I am glad to announce besides a sore arm I feel completely recovered. Yesterday was rough. I ran a fever 3 degrees above my normal body temperature all day and was chilled and hot at the same time with body aches and a headache. That all went away within about 36 hours.

I feel all better besides a sore arm and a big arm rash. Weird as I thought the arm rash didn't pop up till 7 days or so but nope. Mine came on yesterday about 18 hours after the vaccination. Weird right? And it goes down my arm so not just in the spot I got vaccinated. Anyway well worth it to prevent getting Covid 19.

Remember everyone stay safe even if you got both vaccines. Wear your masks and social distance. I read that the manufacturers of the vaccines are diligently working on coming up with one for the variants. One day at a time.

And for everyone still waiting I hope you can get your vaccines very soon.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I and DH just got our Pfizer a few days ago. We both had a sore arm, chills, and body aches. The chills lasted about 12 hours, and the sore arm about 36 hours. DH got the night sweats, but I didn't. I wanted to add a bit of information that is circling around the vaccination and mammograms:

"If you've had a COVID-19 vaccination, it's still important to come in for your screening mammogram," says Dr. Kristin Robinson, a radiologist at the Mayo Clinic Breast Clinic in Florida. "Let your mammogram technologist know that you've had the vaccine and which arm it was administered in. This information will be helpful in understanding the mammogram images."

Take care everyone and stay safe!

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
My sister was able to get her first Pfizer dose yesterday and they signed her right up for the second so no need to go into VAMs again! This was great news as she has a significant autoimmune disorder. Not so patiently waiting for my turn as DH, Mom, sister and best friends have all had theirs or in process. Here’s hoping it is soon!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My sister was able to get her first Pfizer dose yesterday and they signed her right up for the second so no need to go into VAMs again! This was great news as she has a significant autoimmune disorder. Not so patiently waiting for my turn as DH, Mom, sister and best friends have all had theirs or in process. Here’s hoping it is soon!!

Good luck @rcjtraveler! I am glad your sister got her first dose and is getting her second dose soon. It seems to vary wildly by state. As in some states are doing a better job getting people vaccinated faster. I wonder how they are determining supply to each state as I know that has much to do with it though also the way the process is run by each state makes a difference too. But if the supply isn't there one cannot vaccinate.

My sister and parents are getting their second Pfizer dose soon. I cannot wait as they all have significant health issues.

Hoping you get your vaccines soon @rcjtraveler!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2nd shot in. last night I had a pretty nasty fever with chills went to bed about 8pm. woke up in a pool of sweat at 3am (of course!) I'm still extremely tired ( but that might have something to do with the dogs wanting to also play at 3am and 4am...and 5am...like wtf???) No chills currently. that right arm of mine is hurts like a motherfricker though. Pain did not set in to the arm until around 6pm, and I had my shot at approx. 10:01am

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck @rcjtraveler! I am glad your sister got her first dose and is getting her second dose soon. It seems to vary wildly by state. As in some states are doing a better job getting people vaccinated faster. I wonder how they are determining supply to each state as I know that has much to do with it though also the way the process is run by each state makes a difference too. But if the supply isn't there one cannot vaccinate.

My sister and parents are getting their second Pfizer dose soon. I cannot wait as they all have significant health issues.

Hoping you get your vaccines soon @rcjtraveler!

Thanks @missy. I just missed the cut off age in my state but only by a few months. I wish I could at least sign up but can’t even do that until my birthday unless they open up my phase sooner. I realize it is because of the allotment by state and there are many others that need it more than I do but just want to get through this like so many others.
Thanks for your good wishes and positive energy. You are so uplifting for so many on this forum.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results